Thread: Dissecting the Political Machine

Dissecting the Political Machine

BTW, I use "machine" singular because ultimately, the two parties work together when confronted by real opposition from the people.

The machine thrives on human weakness. Four main items:

• need for money
    • low self-esteem
    • ego
    • general fear and anxiety

There is great fear out there that if you do anything to change things, you will be targeted and they will make your life difficult.

And it's true! But I'm still alive and kicking and the more people who join the fight, the less chance any individual will be attacked.

The truth is, the machine is a lot smaller and weaker than we might imagine.

Look at Jim Domagalski, for example, who only got a few hundred more signatures than DiPietro even though he has a machine and Dave doesn't. (I'm on Dave's staff.)

The tea party movement actually has more people than the machine does but the machine's hacks are more experienced and more disciplined.

The real advantage the machine has is not troops but money. As I said at the first meeting of Free Buffalo, the machine monetizes their control of $20 billion of government spending each year re Erie County. As I say in my book, let's assume the machine peels off about one percent of government spending for its political operation. That translates into millions to beat any change candidate.

There's no real answer to the money edge other than to make up for it in small donations, volunteers and intelligent use of the web.

Dave beat Volker in Erie Co. last time even though he was outspent 20-1 at least, so money is not always decisive.

The machine also wants us all to think it's hopeless to fight them. It's not true! Throughout history, regimes far more powerful than these creeps were overthrown.

But alleged hopelessness plays into our natural laziness and gives us a nice excuse to do nothing. After all, it’s hopeless anyway.

Long story short, the battle ground of the tea party movement in terms of local races is DiPietro versus two machine hacks, Domagalski and Gallivan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    BTW, I use "machine" singular because ultimately, the two parties work together when confronted by real opposition from the people.

The machine thrives on human weakness. Four main items:

• need for money
    • low self-esteem
    • ego
    • general fear and anxiety

There is great fear out there that if you do anything to change things, you will be targeted and they will make your life difficult.

And it's true! But I'm still alive and kicking and the more people who join the fight, the less chance any individual will be attacked.

The truth is, the machine is a lot smaller and weaker than we might imagine.

Look at Jim Domagalski, for example, who only got a few hundred more signatures than DiPietro even though he has a machine and Dave doesn't. (I'm on Dave's staff.)

The tea party movement actually has more people than the machine does but the machine's hacks are more experienced and more disciplined.

The real advantage the machine has is not troops but money. As I said at the first meeting of Free Buffalo, the machine monetizes their control of $20 billion of government spending each year re Erie County. As I say in my book, let's assume the machine peels off about one percent of government spending for its political operation. That translates into millions to beat any change candidate.

There's no real answer to the money edge other than to make up for it in small donations, volunteers and intelligent use of the web.

Dave beat Volker in Erie Co. last time even though he was outspent 20-1 at least, so money is not always decisive.

The machine also wants us all to think it's hopeless to fight them. It's not true! Throughout history, regimes far more powerful than these creeps were overthrown.

But alleged hopelessness plays into our natural laziness and gives us a nice excuse to do nothing. After all, it’s hopeless anyway.

Long story short, the battle ground of the tea party movement in terms of local races is DiPietro versus two machine hacks, Domagalski and Gallivan.
    Probably one the best posts I have ever read by you.

This area could be great if the machine was defeated. I and others would stay if there can be the type of change this area so desperately needs.

The pols and much of the public sector has been parasitizing the populace for way frickin too long.

The trick is lighting a fire under the masses.

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_n...t-senate-race/

Right now, the battle against the machine comes down to DiPietro.

Here's his website.

http://dipietroforsenate.com/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Currently who will he run against?

Domagalski and Gallivan

http://buffalo.ynn.com/content/all_n...t-senate-race/

Right now, the battle against the machine comes down to DiPietro.

Here's his website.

http://dipietroforsenate.com/

Why do you say this? He is not going to caucas with anyone even on the Republican line?
    Kiss someone that's different. It helps.
    Lets get the facts first, then go for the jugular!!
    It's all transparent, just read between the lines..

Absolutely. It's ridiculous and naive that so many people around here are such hardcore "democrats", and vote down party lines no matter how much corruption is exposed.

We basically have a one party system in this country right now, with million of loyal disciples on each side.

Absolutely. It's ridiculous and naive that so many people around here are such hardcore "democrats", and vote down party lines no matter how much corruption is exposed.
    Which is exactly why a candidate needs to be on multiple lines, esp republicans. Most democrats wouldn't vote for the republican line, although they might vote for the same candidate on another (conservative, independent, taxpayer, ... etc.) line.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post

We basically have a one party system in this country right now, with million of loyal disciples on each side.
    Rotating single party it's called. There's a couple more countries with the same system:

* China
    * Japan

Might be a few more.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Thread Information