Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Clark's giving away the store....

Paul Clark's giving away the store....

It looks like Paul Clark is trying an old Giambra trick.

A recent letter in the West Seneca Bee by a retired West Seneca Police officer has exposed Clarks latest charade.

He apparently is trying to renegotiate town employee contracts regarding hospitalization In a desperate attempt to show how fiscally responsible he is.

Remember when this happened in the County, it's been shown in the Buffalo News how Giambra's County employee health insurance swithcheroo was going to save the county initially millions.

What they didn't mentioned which the Buffalo News exposed was that in the long run it will cost many millions more than what the immediate saving would show.

PAUL CLARK IS OFFERING FREE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ALL FUTURE TOWN EMPLOYEES WHEN THEY RETIRE.

The catch is that they presently switch to a reduced rate of insurance so he can boast of the immediate savings. In the long run it will be more costly to the West Seneca taxpayers, like it has become in the county.

The retired officers concerns are warranted, he will have to be switching to a cheaper Health insurance.

Common sense should tell you if it's cheaper it isn't as good.

Paul Clark is desperate.

He is selling out the people of West Seneca for Labor Union and Police endorsements

Yes Paul Clark really is fiscally responsible, isn't he.
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

Need to know more.....

Please, I implore to you read my posts in here.

Yes, I am singular in my persuit.

Paul Clark and those associated with him are of questionable character to say the least.

Paul Clark and his kind are not the type of people you want to be leading our County and local Governments.

I have substantiated many times that The Buffalo News as well as the West Seneca Bee have been key in exposing many of Paul Clarks antics.

People need to be informed and asking questions and not just in here.

Call up call up your elected officials and Board members, attend your local County, Town or City board meetings, read your local newspapers and their letters to the editors as well as their editorials. Ask local Government employees that you know.

Erie Countys future at best is tenuous.

You can help make the first correct step by knowing what is going on.

Not being informed plays into their hands.

Paul Clark banks on you not knowing the Truth.

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by MR E S 1
    PAUL CLARK IS OFFERING FREE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR ALL FUTURE TOWN EMPLOYEES WHEN THEY RETIRE.
    The above quote should have read :

PAUL CLARK IS OFFERING FREE HEALTH INSURANCE TO ALL PRESENT FULL TIME TOWN EMPLOYEES WHEN THEY RETIRE.

There are almost 300 full time employees in the town.

The rest of the post stands as written.

It looks like Paul Clark is trying an old Giambra trick.

A recent letter in the West Seneca Bee by a retired West Seneca Police officer has exposed Clarks latest charade.

He apparently is trying to renegotiate town employee contracts regarding hospitalization In a desperate attempt to show how fiscally responsible he is.

Remember when this happened in the County, it's been shown in the Buffalo News how Giambra's County employee health insurance swithcheroo was going to save the county initially millions.

What they didn't mentioned which the Buffalo News exposed was that in the long run it will cost many millions more than what the immediate saving would show.

The catch is that they presently switch to a reduced rate of insurance so he can boast of the immediate savings. In the long run it will be more costly to the West Seneca taxpayers, like it has become in the county.

The retired officers concerns are warranted, he will have to be switching to a cheaper Health insurance.

Common sense should tell you if it's cheaper it isn't as good.

Paul Clark is desperate.

He is selling out the people of West Seneca for Labor Union and Police endorsements

Yes Paul Clark really is fiscally responsible, isn't he.
    I don't suppose you have a link to the article, or letter to the editor? I guess the West Seneca Bee isn't online, so it would be tough to provide a link, I know.

Anyway, it's very interesting.............

History will be repeated

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I don't suppose you have a link to the article, or letter to the editor? I guess the West Seneca Bee isn't online, so it would be tough to provide a link, I know.

Anyway, it's very interesting.............

You will know it to be true when you read or see about Paul Clark receiving The CSEA and the P.B.A endorsements or hear him boasting how he saved the Town of West Seneca some overstated figure by "renegotiating" the town employees insurance contracts.

It will be too late.

It will be a done deal.

Just like Giambra did it.

I wish I could find the articles from the Buffalo News that showed how the people of Erie County had been hoodwinked by the same tactic.

The sad truth is it's already in the works.

You will know it to be true when you read or see about Paul Clark receiving The CSEA and the P.B.A endorsements or hear him boasting how he saved the Town of West Seneca some overstated figure by "renegotiating" the town employees insurance contracts.

It will be too late.

It will be a done deal.

Just like Giambra did it.

I wish I could find the articles from the Buffalo News that showed how the people of Erie County had been hoodwinked by the same tactic.

The sad truth is it's already in the works.

I'm familiar with the Giambra situation and The News stories on that. I just haven't read anything about Clark going down the same path.

It is difficult to explain, but here it goes........

Most employees have Community Blue, about $14,000/YR.

With Paul Clarks offer they switch to variation of the policy at a savings of around $2,000 per employee.

There are somewhere between 250-300 employees. I use 250 for reference.

Approximately 4/5 have Community Blue or about 200 employees

$2000 X 200 employees = $400,000

Quite a savings you say...... Wait

Now eliminate the 20% that the employee would have paid of that $14,000 when they retire is now waived.

Remember it is $14,000 originally and it goes up every yr.

20% of $14,000 = $2,800

200 employees x $2,800 = $560,000 LOST per yr. and absorbed by the town when they are all retired

Thats a $160,000 loss in the future when they retire when you take away the $400,000 "savings" today. Granted not all the employees will retire at once but the cost of health insurance is spiraling upward rapidly. In the future it will exceed these figures easily.

Wait it gets better.

Remember we left out 1/5 of the employees. Why ?

Because they have the Premiere Blue cross and Blue Shield Health insurance.

Cost of that ? Over $20,000 per employee yearly. This policy IS NOT part of the reduction. This stays as is.

Guess what ? They're gonna get that for free when they retire too and not have to pay the 20% neither

One fifth of 250 employees = 50 employees

The 20% lost of the over $20,000 they won't pay for when they retire = $4,000/yr per employee.

$4,000 x 50 employees = $200,000 LOST and absorbed by the town after they retire and remember it's todays rate, again it goes up every yr.

In all it adds up to the town paying based on todays insurance rates paying at least $360,000 more per yr. in the future.

Remember the $400,000/yr. original savings now is negated by a future debt of at least $760,000/yr. taken on by waiving 250 employees 20% that those retirees would have had to pay.

The $760,000 figured is based the loss (look back up at the LOST money) of what all the employees would have paid as part of their health insurance at todays rate if nothing were to change.

I know it may seem hard to follow, but in the long run the taxpayers in West Seneca will pay more for employees health insurance than if things were to stay the way they are.

It's what happened in the county.

Giambra thought it get by the people with out them ever knowing.

The Buffalo News caught him.

Paul Clark is doing the same thing for his personal gain.

And really, what does he care ?

He'll be long gone when this blows up in the faces of the taxpayers in West Seneca.
    Last edited by MR E S 1; April 22nd, 2007 at 01:53 AM.

Inquiring minds want to know

In case you were wondering, Yes, all town elected officials are entitled to the health insurance in the same fashion that is offered and available to the town employees.

It is the same for state, county and locally elected officials everywhere.

Most employees have Community Blue, about $14,000/YR.

With Paul Clarks offer they switch to variation of the policy at a savings of around $2,000 per employee.

There are somewhere between 250-300 employees. I use 250 for reference.

Approximately 4/5 have Community Blue or about 200 employees

$2000 X 200 employees = $400,000

Quite a savings you say...... Wait

Now eliminate the 20% that the employee would have paid of that $14,000 when they retire is now waived.

Remember it is $14,000 originally and it goes up every yr.

20% of $14,000 = $2,800

200 employees x $2,800 = $560,000 LOST per yr. and absorbed by the town when they are all retired

Thats a $160,000 loss in the future when they retire when you take away the $400,000 "savings" today. Granted not all the employees will retire at once but the cost of health insurance is spiraling upward rapidly. In the future it will exceed these figures easily.

Wait it gets better.

Remember we left out 1/5 of the employees. Why ?

Because they have the Premiere Blue cross and Blue Shield Health insurance.

Cost of that ? Over $20,000 per employee yearly. This policy IS NOT part of the reduction. This stays as is.

Guess what ? They're gonna get that for free when they retire too and not have to pay the 20% neither

One fifth of 250 employees = 50 employees

The 20% lost of the over $20,000 they won't pay for when they retire = $4,000/yr per employee.

$4,000 x 50 employees = $200,000 LOST and absorbed by the town after they retire and remember it's todays rate, again it goes up every yr.

In all it adds up to the town paying based on todays insurance rates paying at least $360,000 more per yr. in the future.

Remember the $400,000/yr. original savings now is negated by a future debt of at least $760,000/yr. taken on by waiving 250 employees 20% that those retirees would have had to pay.

The $760,000 figured is based the loss (look back up at the LOST money) of what all the employees would have paid as part of their health insurance at todays rate if nothing were to change.

I know it may seem hard to follow, but in the long run the taxpayers in West Seneca will pay more for employees health insurance than if things were to stay the way they are.

It's what happened in the county.

Giambra thought it get by the people with out them ever knowing.

The Buffalo News caught him.

Paul Clark is doing the same thing for his personal gain.

And really, what does he care ?

He'll be long gone when this blows up in the faces of the taxpayers in West Seneca.
    Wow
    THIS is unbelievable.
    What a scam...
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Health care

The health care plan referred to is the latest and greatest being sold to public employees. It is all the rage with the city, county, and some of the "public" authorities. It is my belief Blue Cross has put this plan together trying to corner a market. I'm actually surprised it took Clark so long to jump on the band wagon. I guess he wasn't sure if he'd run for CE.

I'm not sure though, how he could get all of the Unions to renegotiate contracts, if they were not expired. New York is going to encounter more financial trouble trying to pay for these benefits to retirees in the future. However, the plan will no doubt be short lived, and used only as an incentive to get several senior employees out. Once that occurs, they will revert to a contribution, from employees, to the system from both active and future retirees
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformWNY
    Wow
    THIS is unbelievable.
    What a scam...
    Didn't cheektowaga do something like this?

Lifetime retirement coverage even without reguard to health care cost increases?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Didn't cheektowaga do something like this?

Lifetime retirement coverage even without reguard to health care cost increases?
    Don't let MR ES1 fool you. It's like this all over NYS not just in WS. Doesn't make it all right though.

Hello, anyone out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gia
    Don't let MR ES1 fool you. It's like this all over NYS not just in WS. Doesn't make it all right though.
    I'm complaining and showing the injustice to taxpayers for paying more of the expense for public employee health insurance.

How is that trying to fool people ?

You state:

I'm trying to fool people.

Yet you say "It doesn't make it right".

Are you refering to taxpayers paying for employee health insurance ?

Is what your saying.......

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    It is all the rage with the city, county, and some of the "public" authorities.
    .....that the Buffalo News is inaccurate when they reported that the county will pay more for employee health insurance with Giambra's renegotiating of the county employee health insurance in the long run ?

And if so then is Paul Clark is doing a favor for the taxpayers of West Seneca by doing what Giambra did ?

Unregistered
    I'm complaining and showing the injustice to taxpayers for paying more of the expense for public employee health insurance.

How is that trying to fool people ?

You state:

I'm trying to fool people.

Yet you say "It doesn't make it right".

Are you refering to taxpayers paying for employee health insurance ?
    I told WNYresident not to be fooled by you. I'm not agreeing to lifetime benies for anyone serving as a public servant. What I am saying is (as you are saying is a WS thing) this is something going on in just about every area of NYS. In the bigger picture, there's no excuse for the discriminatory remarks against WS town officials if you have no intentions of targeting the whole problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information