Thread: This campaign mailer serves no credible purpose

This campaign mailer serves no credible purpose

Unassigned mailer 6-9-2021.jpg

Unassigned mailer (2) 6-9-2021.jpg

Click on image to enlarge

The first thing that struck me on this negative mailer I received today was it came from no organized political party. It targets two incumbent Republicans, Judge Cervi and Councilmember Dickman. It is negative, accusatory, scathing in fact. I had no idea to submittal source until a few friends called to say the address on the mailer identified the sender residence as that of Republican Party BOE Commissioner Ralph Mohr – the same Ralph Mohr who wields powerful influence in the Lancaster Republican Party committee. The same committee who snubbed endorsing incumbents Cervi and Dickman for re-election. Ah, politics!

Note: In all those budget votes there was only one ‘no’ vote and that was cast by then Councilmember Ruffino. All those budgets came in under the state’s tax levy limit.

It gets worse. In reviewing the budget numbers presented, I can find no evidence to corroborate their validity, be it increase in budget spending, increase in tax levy, or from examining personal property tax receipts over referenced time. My town property taxes increased nowhere near the 17.8% since Dickman took office. My county tax did increase by 37%.

Judge Cervi

Judge Cervi entered office in 2018 earning $43,576. 2021 salary is $45,115. Salary increased by $1,539 over four-year term, 3.53% - not 7.7% as stated in the mailer. If anything, Cervi’s salary increase of less that 1% average annual increase was lower than any other town employees and is approved by the town. He cannot increase his own salary.

Cervi’s department spending (budget)in 2018 was $345,885. In 2021, $357,318. Department spending increased by $11,433 over four years in Judge Cervi’s term, 3.3%, not the incredible 16.5% as stated in the mailer.

Judge Cervi’s input in controlling the quoted $3,400,000 increase in town spending is nil. Not a fact as claimed in the mailer but a misleading falsehood.

So who pissed in Mohr’s tea that he is not content enough with colluding with the Democrats and getting a cross endorsed slate that excluded the ‘real’ Republican incumbent candidates? Why take part in a mailer that savages Republican incumbents that he took part in from this year’s party endorsement? Apparently his influence in getting a cross endorsed slate, and with support from the Working Families Party is still not enough to convince Mr. Mohr that his candidates are unbeatable.

Any significance with that picture on the mailer that depicts Republicans, Democrats, ‘blank’s getting together to celebrate an event?

Lastly, the mailer claims as FACT: Dickman, Cervi and their not-so-“Real” Republicans are bad for Lancaster taxpayers. So, the endorsed Democrat – Republican – Working Family candidates Amatura and Wozniak are the “Real” Republicans?

A negative mailer with false / misleading information!

Time for the citizens of Lancaster to get to know who the Fatman is. I think Ralphy's picture is about to get some publicity on the highways and byways of the TOL. Stay tuned DEM/REP Lairs Club. Ralph hs opened Pandora's Box. Ah, now the REAL fun starts. Want real Ralph? It's coming down the pike fatman. All in due time Big Boy, all at the right moment. You guys are walking right down the path we want. Bring it on.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Lastly, the mailer claims as FACT: Dickman, Cervi and their not-so-“Real” Republicans are bad for Lancaster taxpayers.

Just My Opinion:

Lee, that mailer is the most glaring example of hypocritical projection, especially when considered within the scope of the record of the Ruffino administration.

Do the creators of that mailer truly believe that the voters of Lancaster are really so gullible as to seriously accept the contents of that compendium of misrepresented facts without significant question(s), especially in light of the 2021 Budget process?

I am sure many Lancaster residents will remember this...

On Saturday, October 17th, a revised tentative budget appears on the town website. I am not informed of it until 11 am Monday, October 19th – leaving little time for examination. Unilateral changes made by the Supervisor and Budget Director. One thing was still evident, namely, both budget proposals had tax levy increases that exceeded the tax cap limit. When I comment on this at the public hearing, I am told they just realized it that day and increased the fund balance use to lower the tax levy to meet the tax cap limit.

On October 20th, the day after the public hearing, a third ‘tentative’ budget appears on the website tiled ‘Supplemental’ – a second revision with different data, still containing many errors and questionable entries and no planned public hearing to speak on ‘whatever you want to call this disaster. No 'Supplemental' version available for public hearing comment.

Council member Robert Leary requested the Supervisor hold a teleconference work session to allow the public an opportunity to listen in and get some insight as to what is discussed and what changes will be made to the budget prior to its adoption. Changes need to be made – IMHO, and in the best interest of the community.

NEXT: What makes this budget a disaster; an embarrassment!
    Reference:https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...-Budget-Update

Do the creators of that mailer really believe that the taxpayers of Lancaster have forgotten that the first draft of the very first budget submitted by Supervisor Ruffino and Budget Director Cuviello appeared to exceed the tax cap?

Do those very same creators really believe that the taxpayers of Lancaster have forgotten that it was Councilman Adam Dickman who along with Councilman Leary and yourself, questioned the wisdom of leaving significantly untapped, monies from the Fund Balance which may have otherwise been applied to keep the 2021 Budget under the Tax Cap?

Do those very same authors really believe that the Lancaster voters have forgotten that it was Supervisor Ruffino and Budget Director Cuviello who did not want to use those monies in the interests of keeping the 2021 Budget under the tax cap; a maneuver which would assist the financially-strapped Lancaster taxpayers as they endured the economic ravages of Covid?

Do those very same authors really believe that the voters of Lancaster, who were enduring financial hardship during the Covid lockdowns, have forgotten that the first draft of the 2021 Ruffino-Cuviello Budget called for the reinstatement of a stipend for the Supervisor's budget duties and pay raises for Town Council members?

Do those very same promulgators of political crapola really believe that the taxpayers and voters of Lancaster have forgotten that it was Councilman Dickman who stood with Councilman Leary in opposition to such frivolous expenditures?

Councilman Dickman suggested the removal of Town Council member wage increases; “Not appropriate at a time of Covid impact to the public,” said Dickman.

Leary and Dickman suggested the removal of the $5,000 Budget Officer stipend. Removed from the budget during the Fudoli administration, Ruffino wanted it reinstated as he believes he is underpaid when comparing his salary ($72,500) to other Town Supervisor salaries (claiming they earn $85,000 to $90,000). Leary countered that the Budget Officer stipend should never have been in the budget in the first place considering the town has a full time Financial director who does the budget preparation.
    Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...t-work-session

Lee, the kindest thing that I can say about this mailer is that it insults the intelligence of the Lancaster taxpayers and residents.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 10th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

What is both perplexing and disturbing to me is the author’s (a Republican operative) targeting two Republican Party incumbents seeking re-election daring to say they are not ‘real’ Republicans. They indeed are and are being charged falsely in the aforementioned mailer.

The mailers thus far have been a collection of claims as to which party has the real-deal candidates that best represents their party’s values and ideology. As a ‘blank’ who has said repeatedly over the years that I abhor voting for a candidate on either Republican or Democrat ballot lines, rather chooses to vote on a minor party line if the candidate of choice is present, my candidate may not be present at election time with the primary shenanigans taking place this year.

With the exception of one term (1992-96), the Democratic Party has maintained control of the town board since 1950. In the past 20 years of the 100 elected board seats, less than 10 were filled by Republicans – zero from 2000 to 2013. Didn’t and doesn’t say much for the Republican Party leadership. The pollical demographics are changing in Lancaster and in the last few years the Republican and Conservative Parties have increased significantly in registered voters and got some candidates elected.

Had the Republican Party and Conservative parties (like values and ideologies) cross endorsed same candidates as was being considered before the recent Republican Party reorganizational change, there likely would have been a Republican-Conservative Party controlled board. Supervisor Ruffino would have spent his last two years unable to openly declare, “I have the votes.”

The ‘new’ Republican Party touting its having the ‘real’ Republican candidates is misleading voters when two of its endorsed candidates are not registered Republicans. The Democrats endorse two candidates who are no longer registered Democrats, now registered conservatives eligible to primary the ‘real’ endorsed Conservative Party candidates. Obfuscation and BS to the max! However, this mailer crosses the line in deceit and malice.

The Republican Party supposedly sharing like values and ideologies with the Conservative Party did not endorse one Conservative Party candidate – not even incumbents Cervi and Dickman. The Conservative candidates have no option to challenge the Republican candidates in the primary s they understand that without major party endorsement their chance of victory is slim-to-none!

The Republican Party had an excellent chance of taking charge this year with ‘real’ conservative candidates. They sold out to interlopers interested more in their best interests than that of the community.

Do you really know who you will be voting for in the primary? Is there such a thing as a Republican / Democrat / Working Family endorsed candidate that represents your moral / ethical / political values?

Bluntly putting it

Greg, sorry Frank Lee Blunt......why don’t you try & find ways to make Lancaster a better place to live then constantly tearing down anyone who doesn’t believe in your political views. After all you’ve lost a school board election & a town election. I do recall at a monthly committee meeting where 1 of your faithful lemmings said “We need to find a replacement for Dickman because he votes like a democrat!” & now all of a sudden he’s your “Great White Hope” or is that “Great White Dope”?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
    Greg, sorry Frank Lee Blunt......why don’t you try & find ways to make Lancaster a better place to live then constantly tearing down anyone who doesn’t believe in your political views. After all you’ve lost a school board election & a town election. I do recall at a monthly committee meeting where 1 of your faithful lemmings said “We need to find a replacement for Dickman because he votes like a democrat!” & now all of a sudden he’s your “Great White Hope” or is that “Great White Dope”?

An intriguing post and I will tell you why.

Coincidently, I received two phone calls today from old geezers like me, vested in Lancaster politics for decades asking whether I knew who Blunt was, and discussing in length that this was the most convoluted, dishonest, and colluded primary elections they ever experienced. With the deal-making and misguided campaign mailer submittals they are at ends trying to determine who the guys in white hats are and deserving of their vote. Who is most committed to their self-serving agendas / interests or that of the community’s?

As to Sojka being Blunt, not from what I am being told and from the language in the postings. Sojka and I were on opposite sides on the Legend name change and on the school board election candidates and resulting elections, and other. Over a two-year period we exchanged numerous acerbic posts where he used his real name and his writing style was different from Blunt’s – IMHO.

As to your reference to Dickman’s weak conservative stance and voting record in his early days on the board, I thought the same. It wasn’t until Leary was elected to the board that he became more vocal in questioning board proposals and voting in opposition to a board now under the control of a Democrat Supervisor who openly declared, “I have the votes.” The board under Supervisor Coleman was more diverse and more in harmony.

Your post indicates your being a Republican Party committeeman. I must question the following:

As the Republican Party committee candidate interviewing meeting was held on zoom, I witnessed the interviewing of all candidates for endorsement. I thought it was enlightening to really hear what the candidates stood for and some of the outrageous statements made by them in the process to get the endorsement.. So, I ask whether you were pleased with the outcome – where two incumbents were not endorsed, but where two candidates were endorsed who are not Republicans and are endorsed by the Democratic and Working Family Party - the polar-opposite of Republican Party ideology?

Speaking on what is said at committee meetings, did Chair Smith say at a later meeting that he was not completely satisfied with the party’s endorsement outcome, but with the Dems and Reps colluding to cross endorse they could take the summer off and then concentrate on the Supervisor race in two years?

This has pissed-off many independents and ‘blanks’ that can’t vote in the primary. The REPDEMS have colluded to take our voice away in the November election. Unless the endorsed conservative candidate primarying the endorsed Republican candidate wins, the hope for choice is nil. And the Dems and Reps have done everything possible to kill off the conservatives, including carrying petitions for candidates opposing the endorsed conservative candidates, challenging the authentication of the conservative candidate petitions, and even pursuing legal action. Are you okay with the machinations executed by even your own party?

If the colluded REPDEM candidates secure all political lines for the November election, it will be the first time in 60+ years that I will have failed to vote in any federal, state, local election. Enough is enough!

A lifelong ‘blank’ for obvious reasons. With rare exception, all politicos suck – more so today than ever before!!

An intriguing post and I will tell you why.

Coincidently, I received two phone calls today from old geezers like me, vested in Lancaster politics for decades asking whether I knew who Blunt was, and discussing in length that this was the most convoluted, dishonest, and colluded primary elections they ever experienced. With the deal-making and misguided campaign mailer submittals they are at ends trying to determine who the guys in white hats are and deserving of their vote. Who is most committed to their self-serving agendas / interests or that of the community’s?

As to Sojka being Blunt, not from what I am being told and from the language in the postings. Sojka and I were on opposite sides on the Legend name change and on the school board election candidates and resulting elections, and other. Over a two-year period we exchanged numerous acerbic posts where he used his real name and his writing style was different from Blunt’s – IMHO.

As to your reference to Dickman’s weak conservative stance and voting record in his early days on the board, I thought the same. It wasn’t until Leary was elected to the board that he became more vocal in questioning board proposals and voting in opposition to a board now under the control of a Democrat Supervisor who openly declared, “I have the votes.” The board under Supervisor Coleman was more diverse and more in harmony.

Your post indicates your being a Republican Party committeeman. I must question the following:

As the Republican Party committee candidate interviewing meeting was held on zoom, I witnessed the interviewing of all candidates for endorsement. I thought it was enlightening to really hear what the candidates stood for and some of the outrageous statements made by them in the process to get the endorsement.. So, I ask whether you were pleased with the outcome – where two incumbents were not endorsed, but where two candidates were endorsed who are not Republicans and are endorsed by the Democratic and Working Family Party - the polar-opposite of Republican Party ideology?

Speaking on what is said at committee meetings, did Chair Smith say at a later meeting that he was not completely satisfied with the party’s endorsement outcome, but with the Dems and Reps colluding to cross endorse they could take the summer off and then concentrate on the Supervisor race in two years?

This has pissed-off many independents and ‘blanks’ that can’t vote in the primary. The REPDEMS have colluded to take our voice away in the November election. Unless the endorsed conservative candidate primarying the endorsed Republican candidate wins, the hope for choice is nil. And the Dems and Reps have done everything possible to kill off the conservatives, including carrying petitions for candidates opposing the endorsed conservative candidates, challenging the authentication of the conservative candidate petitions, and even pursuing legal action. Are you okay with the machinations executed by even your own party?

If the colluded REPDEM candidates secure all political lines for the November election, it will be the first time in 60+ years that I will have failed to vote in any federal, state, local election. Enough is enough!

A lifelong ‘blank’ for obvious reasons. With rare exception, all politicos suck – more so today than ever before!!
    Great post Lee. Your post is spot on

Blunt is not Sojka, if for nothing, one thing I can say about Gregg is that when he speaks up he is proud to use his real name.

Click on image to enlarge

So, the endorsed Democrat – Republican – Working Family candidates Amatura and Wozniak are the “Real” Republicans?

A negative mailer with false / misleading information!
    How can Superintendent Amatura, a longtime Democrat who very recently re-registered as a Conservative, run in a Republican Primary as a "real Republican," when he has supported Monica Wallace, the co-sponsor of the New York Reproductive Health Act, which permits abortion through the ninth month?

Click on images to enlarge:

References:

https://publicreporting.elections.ny...tteeDisclosure

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/A1748
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 12th, 2021 at 05:58 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Stop hiding by fake names

Frank Lee Blunt or should I call you Greg “Ashman” Sojka??? Stop hiding behind your phony names. Your man crush on Ruffino & Mohr is downright comical & borderline stalking. Get a life & some hobby, you’ve already destroyed any chance real Republicans have of gaining control of the school board & you’ve been slowly destroying the Lancaster Republican Committee.

Frank Lee Blunt or should I call you Greg “Ashman” Sojka??? Stop hiding behind your phony names.
    Welcome to Speak Up Buffalobob.

I have been a member of this forum for almost six years now, and the one thing I can tell you with almost certainty, the Administrator is loyal to the enforcement of Speak Up's rules and is unwavering in protecting the privacy of Speak Up's members.

Click to enlarge image:

You will note that item #4 of the Terms of Service specifies "Once a member has registered with a username, they must not create multiple names via additional email accounts. If a member requires a username change, they must notify the site Admin of their intent to change their username before doing so."

In that connection, Greg Sojka's account was created on May 17, 2015 and currently exists as originally created. You will as see from the screenshot attached below, that Mr. Sojka's last posting was October 17, 2018---over two and one half years ago.

Click on image to enlarge:

Just My Opinion:

Taken at face value, your comment, apparently qualified in the form of a question, seems to suggest that the Administrator of this forum has departed from the Terms of Service and has permitted Mr. Sojka to use multiple accounts.

Moreover, what I perceive to be your rather qualified assertion, may also lead other readers and enrolled members to suspect that the Administrator may have breached Sojka's confidentiality and confided those circumstances directly to you.

I find such a scenario highly unlikely.

Nevertheless, welcome to Speak Up and I look forward to reading your future comments.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 13th, 2021 at 10:46 AM.

Frank Lee Blunt or should I call you Greg “Ashman” Sojka??? Stop hiding behind your phony names. Your man crush on Ruffino & Mohr is downright comical & borderline stalking. Get a life & some hobby, you’ve already destroyed any chance real Republicans have of gaining control of the school board & you’ve been slowly destroying the Lancaster Republican Committee.

Destroying the Lancaster Republican committee? I think the reorganized committee can take credit for any internal discord.

As Republican Chair for the previous two years, Sojka was admonished by some committee members for supporting incumbent Democrat Town Clerk Diane Terranova – by far the most qualified candidate seeking re-election. An office that had no impact on town administration decision-making policies / procedures.

Ralph Mohr, influential Republican Party guru, disliked the Terranova decision and became mentor and finance manager for an opponent, naming her the ‘real’ Republican in the race. His candidate lost.

Taking umbrage, knowing Sojka’s term is up, Mohr gets his patronage lackeys fired up and by committee vote ousts Sojka as Chair. His patronage lackeys kowtowing to vindictive Mohr act to disregard and not endorse any candidate Sojka favored endorsing in the 2021 primary – including incumbent Republicans Justice Anthony Cervi and Councilmember Adam Dickman; instead endorsing two non-Republicans.

I can understand this taking place in politics. But how do you square the new committee endorsing two non-Republicans for administrative positions when such outrage was displayed when Terranova was endorsed as Town Clerk?

Voters should be concentrating not on Sojka or Blunt but on who the ‘real Republicans are. Focusing on who the candidates are and their values and political ideology when they accepted endorsements from Democrat, Republican and Working Family Parties. How does one serve three masters having diverse values and expectations?

If the three cross endorsed Democrat-Republican primary candidates win, will Supervisor Ruffino still be able to declare: “I have the votes.”

Ah, the hypocrisy and duplicity!

No RINOS - 6-14-2021.jpg

LMAO!

Clever and different from ordinary boring political signs.

Thread Information