Thread: Stefan Mychajliw

Stefan Mychajliw

Question for the group, is Stefan running for office and what is he running for?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Question for the group, is Stefan running for office and what is he running for?
    Hamburg Supervisor shortstuff.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

FYI Shortstuff...

LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Hamburg Supervisor shortstuff.

From Comptroller to Supervisor? Why not run for County Executive, that's usually the natural progression....

From Comptroller to Supervisor? Why not run for County Executive, that's usually the natural progression....
    Probably because he's got a snowball's chance in hell winning anything county wide after all of his antics over the past few years. Frankly, he should never hold public office again after his nutty endorsement of various conspiracy theories and ridiculous coddling of Trump Kool-Aid drinkers.

Yeah, it's really terrible knowing what the county is wasting money on continuously. I'd rather he was gone so I could have my head in the sand as well.

I am curious about the audit he failed to submit in a timely manner, so the news had reported, does anyone have info on that by chance?

Stefan is still green behind the ears, I really feel he needs to get more focused on what he stands for in terms of issues and how he will fix those issues. It takes more sophistication in getting a message out that resonates with all voters. His experience as Comptroller should give him that knowledge of the inner workings of the county. His aspirations politically should be laser focused. Choose what political seat to run for and stay constant with his campaign goal(s). Because he has flipped flopped to running for County Executive to Congressman to now Supervisor for the Town of Hamburg, in my opinion shows he is not secure as to what his true political interests are. That makes him a weak candidate on all fronts.

Choose what political seat to run for and stay constant with his campaign goal(s). Because he has flipped flopped from running for County Executive to Congressman to now Supervisor for the Town of Hamburg...
    I agree with this.

In 2019 he would have been a very strong candidate against Poloncarz, but instead, he he chose to grab at the opportunity to succeed Collins. As I see it, he frivolously squandered a reasonable opportunity to oust the County Executive to engage, IMHO, a predetermined dog and pony show.

Also, in the 2020 primary, by dividing the vote of those not in favor of Jacobs, I feel that he may have been something of a third-party spoiler and hurt the chances of Parlato.

I agree with this.

In 2019 he would have been a very strong candidate against Poloncarz, but instead, he he chose to grab at the opportunity to succeed Collins. As I see it, he frivolously squandered an opportunity to engage, IMHO, a predetermined dog and pony show.

Also, in dividing the vote of those not in favor of Jacobs, I feel that he may have been something of a third-party spoiler in the 2020 primary against Parlato.
    Totally agree with you on what you have stated here.

I agree with this.

In 2019 he would have been a very strong candidate against Poloncarz, but instead, he he chose to grab at the opportunity to succeed Collins. As I see it, he frivolously squandered an opportunity to engage, IMHO, a predetermined dog and pony show.

Also, in dividing the vote of those not in favor of Jacobs, I feel that he may have been something of a third-party spoiler in the 2020 primary against Parlato.
    Mark I met him when he first walked into a Republican meeting expressing his interest in running for a political position. He was still in the media and had not served in any political manner. I was back then, impressed with his enthusiasm. But if I had to comment, he has not progressed in the way I had hoped he would. I think he's done in politics...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't know why a professional CPA/comptroller would not be hire for erie county comptroller.

Mark I met him when he first walked into a Republican meeting expressing his interest in running for a political position. He was still in the media and had not served in any political manner. I was back then, impressed with his enthusiasm. But if I had to comment, he has not progressed in the way I had hoped he would. I think he's done in politics...
    He is certainly a bold personage who speaks his mind in opposition to the ultra-Left.

I was very impressed by his strong stand against Cuomo in connection with the Erie County Covid-ventilators issues, but some of his subsequent comments can be exploited for what some consider to be hyperbole.

Why give the opposition ammunition, eh?

Regarding his campaign for Hamburg Supervisor, I am inclined to like the challenge to his opposition to take an anti-patronage pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I don't know why a professional CPA/comptroller would not be hire for erie county comptroller.
    Because it doesn't pay very well! The Comptroller makes $80,613. (Page 22 of this year's county budget, very first line.) Any CPA worth his (or her) salt will make twice that. In addition, you can lose your Comptroller job every four years, possibly for no other reason than you said something stupid (just once!) to the local media.

You can't get a salary increase unless it is approved by the Countywide Salary Commission, which meets only once a decade. Anybody reading this willing to go for a decade (or more!) without a raise? Please raise your hand.

Then - if this isn't enough - you've got to run. Running for office these days is EXPENSIVE and one of the most emotionally, physically and intellectually draining exercises an adult can experience in our society. Don't believe me? Call some people who ran for Countywide office and lost! (Joel Giambra if you are a Republican, Vanessa Glushefski for the Democrats.)

I've had lunch with both of them, at separate times, of course. Either lunch is a Master Class in how screwed up our political system is. Period.

Oh yeah, did I mention you don't get to pick your staff? The civil service system does that. You can pick your immediate deputies, but after that - your mid-level to entry-level staff need to pass a civil service test. You're a Conservative Republican Comptroller, but the best test-takers in your office are all very Liberal Democrats? Your staff will NOT share your values.

I'm astonished we can get anybody to do it.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

He is certainly a bold personage who speaks his mind in opposition to the ultra-Left.

I was very impressed by his strong stand against Cuomo in connection with the Erie County Covid-ventilators issues, but some of his subsequent comments can be exploited for what some consider to be hyperbole.

Why give the opposition ammunition, eh?

Regarding his campaign for Hamburg Supervisor, I am inclined to like the challenge to his opposition to take an anti-patronage pledge.
    I agree with you Mark. He does have that enthusiasm, but I wish it would flourish. Also agree on the anti-patronage pledge but isn't that the typical talking stick? If I were him, I would take on how the pandemic has effected the families both emotionally and financially. How will he tackle the budget etc. Money and safety is the primary talking points. At least that is what I have heard. Patronage, old news....IMHO

I agree with you Mark. He does have that enthusiasm, but I wish it would flourish. Also agree on the anti-patronage pledge but isn't that the typical talking stick?
    To a large extent I agree shortstuff.

I think that the patronage angle is always expected to be played by the challenger(s) in a campaign. That common expectation leads many to ascribe the issue to a "no clean hands" philosophy of politics.

IMHO, the patronage issue has significant legs only when attached to larger questions of corruption, a lack of transparency, and self-interest, along with a prevailing public perception that the government is headed in the wrong direction.

That is why candidates need to positively run for something and not exclusive run against something, just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 29th, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

Thread Information