Thread: After A Victory In State Supreme Court, Mark Burkhard's Campaign Is Underway

After A Victory In State Supreme Court, Mark Burkhard's Campaign Is Underway

After winning a decisive victory in New York State Supreme Court, prevailing over a rather frivolous challenge to his Conservative Party endorsement for Lancaster Town Council, Mark Burkard's 2021 campaign for Lancaster Town Council is off and running hard.

This letter to the residents of Lancaster was posted on the Mark Burkard For Lancaster Town Council Facebook page last night:

Neighbors,

My name is Mark Burkard, and like so many Lancaster residents, I am appalled by the perceived abusive machinations, jointly applied by the Lancaster Democrat and Republican Parties. Those tactics are obviously intended to subvert the broad interests of good governance in favor of patronage and individual self-interest. In response to that unsavory condition, I have decided to run for Lancaster Town Council.

One such machination is the joint effort by the joint Democrat and Republican power holders to cross-endorse each and every candidate for Lancaster Town office , leaving the people of Lancaster with no alternate November choices to those candidates sanctioned by what might be termed Lancaster's "Bi-Partisan Swamp."

To address the problematic issue of uncontested major party candidates appearing on the November ballot, I have decided to enter the Republican Party Primary for Town Council.

A second such machination is an effort by both the Democrat and Republican Party to subvert the candidates truly vetted and endorsed by the Conservative Party; an sinister effort which if successful, would entirely deny those residents and voters holding true conservative values a genuine voice and tested choice in the November general election.

Today, what I consider to have been a whimsical lawsuit, initiated by Mr. Greg White, which challenged my Conservative Petition signatures, was dismissed in New York State Supreme Court; a victory for our honorable political process that I dedicate to the people of Lancaster.

The political mischief aside, I am even more troubled by the rising power of special interests in Lancaster.

For too long, the good people of Lancaster have been burdened by a Town Council Democrat majority that has empowered advantaged actors; characters whose primary purpose is profit and whose privilege is favored.

I have sensed that burden in the frowns of those who oppose the "Stutzman Road Over-Development;" I have seen it in the fearful eyes of those who value safety on William Street, and I have heard it in the troubled voices of my neighbors on Spruceland Terrace.

To be sure, while empathy is a noble emotion, in the end, it is an impotent remedy. I firmly believe that our Town Council must work for Lancaster's residents and not for the special interests.

What is needed is a commitment to action, and that is why I undertake this campaign for Lancaster Town Council.

As the June Primary Election nears, I want you to know that ONLY Adam Dickman and I hold the Conservative Party's full endorsement and complete confidence.

Before you cast your ballot, I wish to assure you that I possess the leadership skills, fiscal and budgetary backgrounds, and the tested civic attributes which will ensure that politics and governance will be kept separate; that privilege goes to the broad interests of the town, and that issues before the Town Council will be decided strictly by the measure of the public good, rather than by the whims of the partisan caucus.

By profession, I am a surgical nurse. During my employment with Kaleida Health- BGH/Gates Vascular Institute, I functioned as a Surgical Services Supervisor; an experience by which I acquired highly valuable supervisory experience, leadership skills, and very significant fiscal and budgetary expertise.

While my professional resume is extensive, there is nothing complicated about my strong, personal conservative values. Rest assured, I am a simple man who loves his God, honors his nation, and is devoted to his family and community. It is that value set which led me to engage many volunteer passions.

It was my commitment to community which led me to become a proud Lancaster Volunteer Fireman, serving the Eagle Hose.

It is my passion for healing which prompted me to now serve as the President of the Board of Directors of the National Parkinson's Foundation of New York and New Jersey. In the past, I served as a member of the Board of Rotary Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and the Sisters of Charity Hospital Foundation Associate Board.

It was also my strong love of America which in 2011, compelled me to enlist in the United States Air Force Reserve; an ongoing experience which affords me the opportunity to honor both my love of country and commitment to healing. I am a combat veteran and currently hold the rank of Major.

My service with the United States Air Force Reserve included a 2016 deployment to Qatar where I treated in-theater combat casualties.

In 2020, I was deployed to New York City for Covid-19 response. During this deployment, I worked closely with other medical professionals as we battled a vaunted, invisible foe, which proved just as deadly as any foreign enemy. I will always be grateful for the invaluable knowledge that I acquired from the experience, and for the opportunity to serve my country and my state in that capacity.

Now, in 2021, I undertake a non-military, more local task; a challenge to lift the Lancaster community, and to nobly serve the causes of good governance and civic responsibility.

With my combined experience as a medical professional, personnel supervisor, fiscal administrator, and a leader of men and women, I know that I possess the necessary tools to professionally serve in the community's best interests; with integrity, credibility and with openness and transparency.

Sincerely,
    Mark Burkard
    You may visit and LIKE the Mark Burkard For Lancaster Town Council Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Burkar...03276788570605
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 28th, 2021 at 07:27 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    After winning a decisive victory in New York State Supreme Court, prevailing over a rather frivolous challenge to his Conservative Party endorsement for Lancaster Town Council, Mark Burkard's 2021 campaign for Lancaster Town Council is off and running hard.

This letter to the residents of Lancaster was posted on the Mark Burkard For Lancaster Town Council Facebook page last night:

You may visit and LIKE the Mark Burkard For Lancaster Town Council Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Burkar...03276788570605
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark that is extremely impressive. I hope he wins, what a resume but more importantly, his articulate heartfelt message with clarity and relevance. I hope he and Adam wins and wins big

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I hope he and Adam wins and wins big
    As do I shortstuff.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Mark, indeed the monster is awakening, the citizens are starting to hear the truth about the present situation and the real intentions of the Crew that runs the township.Mr.Burkard's message to the voters is to the point and does not shy away from the real problem. Poor leadership and self promotional intentions. Mr.Burkard will be a strong voice along with Mr.Leary and Mr.Dickman. Together they can heal the many wounds of one party rule that has been foisted upon the TOL residents by a really dirty Ralph Mohr.

If the TOL is going to move away from political patronage and darkside dealings across party lines, they must be enlightened and I think the NEW CONSERVATIVE party is ready to bring a cannon to a pistol duel.

Get ready for the worst of the worst from the Fatman and his crew. Staying on top of the hill is a tough thing to keep doing year after year, cycle after cycle. Change IS in the air this cycle. More and more residents are checking in with opinions on how to bring the fight to the Demreps. Many have inside info on past sins of the present seat holders of the TOL.

This is going to be a very informative year for the people of Lancaster. I would suggest the village voters are more involved this cycle than anytime in the past few. Cultivating those usually silent votes along with what the Conservative will bring in with their message will cause headaches for the Demreps. They are going to face the music this time. No sneaking by this time.

There is going to be some very impactful advertisements coming to the public's view this cycle. The kind that embarrases the DEMREP party and it's leaders.

It's going to get REAL......

Stay tuned

PS. DannyBoy, your "friends" in the DEMREP party are already in on helping you get defeated. If you only knew what the Giza Mafia has said about you, it would shake you up more than you are already.
    Last edited by Frank Lee Blunt; April 29th, 2021 at 12:13 PM.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Mr.Burkard's message to the voters is to the point and does not shy away from the real problem. Poor leadership and self promotional intentions.
    Blunt, IMHO, the message to which your quote refer needs to be conveyed not only with thoughtful repetition, but with rapid, robust reaction to contemporaneous events. The message must be forthright in delivery and searing in impact. Also, I think it needs to be heralded not only with clear and alarming words, but with creative illustration.

Just my opinion, but absent such tactics, it will be just another year of the same old resigned pissing and moaning, sounded in the best tradition of Charlie Brown and the football.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 29th, 2021 at 03:22 PM.

From The Mark Burkard For Town Council Facebook page:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt
    Mr. Burkard’s message to the voters is to the point and does not shy away from the real problem. Poor leadership and self promotional intentions.
    Many primary voters must be embittered by the shenanigans of the conspiring / colluding Republican and Democratic parties, the candidacies of interloper White and ‘man-for-all-parties Wozniak, that it would be fitting for Burkhard (and Dickman) to focus on the issues that plague the town and offer solutions for resolve.

In the past 70 years, outside of one administration (1992-1996), the town has been under Democratic control – Town Board as well as Planning and Zoning Board of Appeals. Prevailing issues like overburdened roads, flooding & drainage, infrastructure, dumb growth policies where rezones and rezones of rezones took place regularly, loss of valuable and functional wetlands to favor developer and town best interests over community, etc. ruled the decades.

Last year’s budget, dog control and solar farm projects were manifestations of board ineptitude and ‘I’ve got the vote’ mentality where campaign promises of candidate independence, integrity, and transparency went south.

You are in an enviable position to maintain your Conservative Party endorsement and win the Republican Party endorsement from horse trader opponents as well. You and Dickman are the true conservatives, the real Republicans representing party ideologies and policies.

You are up against experienced Republican and Democrat Party masters of deceit. They have already tried to obliterate your candidacy. Stay away from practicing like machinations of your opponents. Do not let them take you down to their deceitful, meanspirited level. You get into a pissing match with a skunk, you come out smelling like a skunk!

Thread Information