Thread: Mayor Ruda Speaks To The Village of Lancaster

Mayor Ruda Speaks To The Village of Lancaster

From The Lancaster Bee's, April 15, 2021, electronic edition:

Strong board to help Lancaster Village grow, develop

April 08, 2021
    Lynne Ruda
    VILLAGE OF LANCASTER MAYOR

It is a huge privilege to have the opportunity to serve the next four years as the mayor of the Village of Lancaster. With the addition of trustees Cyndi Maciejewski and Tyler Sojka and continuation of the hard work of trustees Joe Quinn and Paul Rudz, I know that this community has an incredibly dedicated and diligent team and the priority and focus will be serving the residents of the Village of Lancaster as best as we possibly can. I am optimistic and excited for the future.

The saying "it takes a village"is a philosophy that I believe in wholeheartedly. Each person in this community plays an important role in making the Village of Lancaster an incredible place to live, work and raise a family. When I was looking to purchase my first home and establish my roots, my decision to choose the Village of Lancaster was due to the overwhelming sense of community, sense of pride and sense of tradition that I felt here. Time and time again, I have been overwhelmed by the selfless acts of neighbors who help each other through challenging times, the way that our residents support our local businesses and help make our community better through countless hours of service through various organizations. As we reflect on all of those things that make our community great today, I know that we have a strong village board that is putting in the time and research to be certain that we are making the best possible decisions for tomorrow.

It is without question that there are challenges ahead as this village continues to grow and develop. I ask every resident to work to stay informed through the various sources that the Village of Lancaster provides. “The Villager” newsletter is mailed out and available on the village website; the official Village of Lancaster social media accounts are: Facebook, @VillageofLancasterNY; Instagram, @lancastervillageny and Twitter, @LancasterVill. I encourage you to use these sources to learn more about our village government and to stay up to date with the most important information, particularly regarding COVID. With the easing of some COVID restrictions, the village board will be returning to in-person meetings that are open to the general public. If you are planning to attend the village board meetings in person, we ask that you RSVP on our village website or call the clerk/treasurer’s office so that we can guarantee seating and still fall within NYS guidelines. We appreciate our community’s patience and compliance as we continue to navigate through the ongoing COVID pandemic.

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...-grow-develop/

Mayor Ruda certainly has some positive and optimistic points in her comments, but I am concerned by these words:

The saying "it takes a village" is a philosophy that I believe in wholeheartedly.

In that connection, I am curious to know why there appears to be no direct references to the importance of faith and family in her comments?

I hope that she does not mean the illustrated quote within this Leftist/Marxist context, eh?

Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 15th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Thread Information