Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Former Amherst Attorney Versus Amtrak Locomotive

Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Good luck to them. Wonder what it will show if they win their lawsuit. Despite what everyone thinks and what the media like to report, not everything is discoverable under FOIL.

So another article in the Buffalo New that references (briefly) the guy that lay down on railroad tracks knowing that a train was coming... y'know... the judge who is expected to make good decisions. LOL

In this article, it seems that the judge guy's friend (the strip joint owner who is said to have pretty strong ties to organized crime) seems to also have ties to a nasty motorcycle gang so-to-speak.

I gotta say, the judge - even outside the courtroom/office - is certainly in proximity of some seemingly unsavory folks.... and a lot of them. Does a lot for him image, don't ya know.

But, remember, they guy can make you laugh... so, I guess, none of this stuff should be considered. Haha. Mr. judge guy's world must be horrible right about now. i wonder if he's checking CSX schedules.

Did the article say that the judge had connections to the motor cycle gang? I don’t think it did. Do you vet the friends of all your friends to make sure that your friends have no connections to nasty or unsavory folks? Of course not. If we all did that we’d have very few friends indeed.

Thought this was interesting (from the US DOT):

"Rail Suicide Prevention Resources
    A leading cause of rail-related deaths in the U.S. is suicide. In June 2011, FRA began systematically collecting suicide data from U.S. rail carriers. From 2012 to 2016, more than 229 people died by suicide within the U.S. rail system annually, and another 176 people were injured from rail suicide attempts. In 2015, the U.S. rail system had its highest recorded number with 352 suicide incidents (321 fatalities and 31 injuries). The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Volpe Center has information on various topics including research on countermeasures used to prevent suicides and how rail suicides are reported in the media."

Also interesting from the US DOT: "It is illegal to access private railroad property anywhere other than a designated pedestrian or roadway crossing."

But, I'm sure that most anyone with good judgement -- like, say, possibly a Judge -- would already be aware. Signs posted, for example, sate in large bold letters: "DANGER No Trespassing". Most people can read stuff like that... certainly most with advanced academic degrees and/or those with public positions of some stature.... like, say, possibly a Judge.

Biden has a “public position of some stature” and he can’t read a teleprompter. I imagine the judge could read the signs.

Oh brother! Now some attorney(?) from the southtowns gets a letter published in the Buffalo News asserting the high depression and suicide rate(s) for those in the legal trade. I take it this is a veiled attempt to paint Michalski as some sort of victim. Like it was simply the general industry thing with Michalski. But, y'know what I don't see in southtowns guys words ... anything about oh, say, the possibility of specific factors -- like maybe investigations... or feeling like walls were closing in on him. I mean, c'mon, if yer gonna toss out could be's why not include the full menu.

Seriously, the guy looked for a train... walked to the track that had an approaching train... and laid down in the trains direct path. Depressed? Suicidal? Sure as heck looks like it. Could there be a direct association to being investigated for actions outside legitimate Judge-ly activities? You betcha.

Southtown's guy's letter, IMO, did Michalski no good. It simply spelled out that those in his profession are prone to cognitive troubles more than others. Ain't that dandy.

Did the letter say that it was written in defense of Michalski’s actions? Did he say he was trying to ‘do good” for Michalski by pointing out what has long been a known fact...that attorneys as a profession suffer from a higher than average rate of depression. My understanding is that dentists have a higher than average rate of depression and suicide because they realize that almost everyone hates going to see them because they’re afraid it’s going to hurt! People from Seattle have a higher than average rate of depression and suicide because they’re stuck living in Seattle! And I don’t think depression is a “cognitive trouble” but I could be wrong. My guess is that lawyers probably do pretty well on most cognitive measures as do dentists. The people of Seattle? Not so much judging by the clown show they’ve elected to run their city.

It occurs to me that - if I recall correctly - wasn't this judge character (Michalski) the very same guy that doled out the pansy sentence on Dennis Black. Black was that UB guy that stole over a quarter million dollars (at least). IIRC, Michalski's sentence was a whopping five grand fine and some community service - in another state!!! The was no community service to the community that Black ripped off. As I recall Michalski & Black were no strangers to each other.

Can someone that lays down on a railroad track in front of an oncoming train really be thought to using good judgement? That's what Michalski did, no? He walked to a rail line that had an oncoming train and laid on it. Good judgement? LOL Puh-Leeez.

Well, Dennis Black did make full restitution to the University for the amount involved and he paid the taxes due on the amount of income he underreported. Exactly how were Michalski and Dennis Black connected to each other? And why would the victim be given community service? That statement is just plain weird!

Imagine, if you will, a judge. Imagine a judge recognizing that a defendant in that judge's court stole - over the course of years - over a quarter of a million dollars from his employer. That thief was already "earning" hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.
    The thief used the employers money to buy what most would consider to be discretionary - if not, luxury - items, and make "donations" in his own name. Again, the judge in this story knows all this. And the thief didn't just steal on one isolated occasion... but conducted this nastiness repeatedly. Hardly excusable, to be sure. Then imagine a judge that takes that in and determines that it's okie dokie for that thief to pay a measly $5k fine and do some community service... but not in the community that the thief harmed. But, wait, the judge also says that thief can be free to move to another state so that the thief can live in the following conditions:

"...three story ''end unit'' luxury townhome behind the gates of Dunes West is a must see. The open floor plan makes this home perfect for entertaining. The main level has spacious great room/dining room with gas fireplace and built ins, eat in kitchen with center island and plenty of counter and cabinet space. W/D hookup for stackable unit located on main level off of kitchen. The master suite is also on the main level with large bath and walk in closet with custom built ins. Lovely screen porch is assessable from master suite and kitchen overlooking beautiful backyard and pond. Plantation shutters throughout home. Stackable W/D convey Light in Dining area over table does not convey. Boat Storage, Club House, Club Membership Available, Exercise Area, Gated Comm, Golf, Golf Membership Available, Neighborhood Pool, Play Park, Security Guard/Sys, Tennis Court, Trash Pickup, Walk/Jog Trails."

The judge was apparently fine with this for the guy that stole hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Then, this same judge becomes the subject of serious federal investigation(s)... as are/do some of his personal acquaintances. And contemporaneous with material events in those investigations, the judge appears to break law and regulation to seemingly try to put himself in a situation that he should know is likely to kill him.

Now, THAT, is quite a judge, dontch know. his friends say that he's the life of the party.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The judge was apparently fine with this for the guy that stole hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    We have a political party in Erie County that is fine supporting the DNC's agenda. 10000's of people illegally entering the USA. Stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars is nothing.

We will never know why people think as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    We have a political party in Erie County that is fine supporting the DNC's agenda. 10000's of people illegally entering the USA. Stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars is nothing.

We will never know why people think as they do.
    Six figure theft is "nothing"? I beg to differ. Your "line" is obviously higher than many. What amount of stealing is something? Something worthy of time in jail. The judge even let the guy move to another state... and to do his "community service" outside the area that he 'harmed.' Truth be told, while admittedly hearsay, Black may not have even performed the community service portion of the sentence.

Sure, there are degrees of wrong doing. i agree. Six figures is material, IMO. The judge sent the message to everyone that shoplifts that if you get caught just give the stuff back and all is well. Really? Is that the message? Clearly. Address the (so called) small stuff, and some of the bigger stuff will begin to resolve. Cliche... There's only one way to eat an elephant... ... ...

Correction or edit to my comments above... Apparently, *some* of the judges "sentence" - specifically the community service - is being done in South Carolina. the thief is said to be a volunteer grant writer for Habitat for Humanity in that community. Clearly... it provides little "service" to community that the thief harmed. Good goin', Judge! I would not expect the judge to seek to be run over by a train for this matter.

Member, apparently you’re too slow to realize that he didn’t harm the “community” but he hurt UB, an institution to which he made full restitution as well as paying the taxes. And I continue to be amazed at the number of people on this site, and in society at large, whose view of the facts of a situation is so skewed by the relative success of those involved in it. Exactly how many people sentenced in Erie County are allowed to do community service, serve probation etc in states other than New York. You must know the number because you seem to consider this case to be truly exceptional. And please xpexplain the basis for your allegation that the judge and Black were connected to each other prior to the sentencing. If you can’t do that then I guess it’s safe to assume that simply made it to buttress your story. You should consider applying for a position with Congressman Adam Schiff, he has a long history of such conduct and probably could use you as a ghost writer.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information