Thread: Cumulus Media terminates 97 Rock’s Rob Lederman

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cumulus Media terminates 97 Rock’s Rob Lederman

Cumulus Media terminates 97 Rock’s Rob Lederman following controversial on-air exchange

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Cumulus Media, the owner of 97 Rock, announced Wednesday they “swiftly terminated” morning show host Rob Lederman citing his comments were in direct violation of their company principles.The company says the rest of the The Morning Bull Show’s on-air talent has been suspended. This includes Rich Gaenzler and Chris Klein.
    “CUMULUS MEDIA operates from a clearly-defined set of programming principles and there is no question that Rob Lederman’s comments made on The Morning Bull Show are in direct violation of those principles. We swiftly terminated him and suspended the remainder of the show’s on-air talent. We apologize, and deeply regret the incident.”
    SPOKESPERSON FOR CUMULUS MEDIA
    Roswell Park announced it is pulling all ads and marketing from 97 Rock after learning of a controversial exchange made Wednesday on the morning show.

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...-morning-show/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    97 Rock morning DJ terminated after comparing toast to Black women's skin tones

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — A 97 Rock Morning Bull DJ has been terminated after he compared toast to Black women's skin tones on Wednesday's Morning Bull podcast.

It appears to be Rob Lederman comparing skin tones initially, and then Chris Klein joins. The voice of Rich "Bull" Gaenzler can be heard saying, "K." Wednesday's full podcast no longer appears on 97 Rock's website.
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...-pulls-all-ads

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Who will be the first to comment on this?

I guess when someone asks me how I like my COFFEE..I can no longer say....HOT AND BLACK !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    I guess when someone asks me how I like my COFFEE..I can no longer say....HOT AND BLACK !
    That crosses my mind when I order coffee. So I say black or no cream? This is getting so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by wnyresident View Post
    that crosses my mind when i order coffee. So i say black or no cream? This is getting so stupid
    exactly!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think he should have been fired.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I have known Rob for a very long time through business. From my experience he doesn't strike me as racist.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I have known Rob for a very long time through business. From my experience he doesn't strike me as racist.
    He is a comedian..obviously ...and many comedians use the N word..but it's ok they get away with it with no criticism from the black community...if equality and respect is demanded..it should be not tolerated by any race. Pushing the envelop for a few laughs has always been accepted...all of a sudden the slightest hint of perceived biased language or jokes by a white person is no longer accepted and serious consequences by the public are the tale of the day...oh yes..this will sure the bias in this country...we all are treated the same???

Thread Information