Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Pilato, Candidate For Lancaster Town Highway Superintendent

John Pilato, Candidate For Lancaster Town Highway Superintendent

A Letter From John Pilato:

Neighbors,

My name is John Pilato and I live on Briarwood Drive in the great Village of Lancaster.

I am a lifelong resident of Lancaster, and I am currently the Town of Lancaster Forestry Supervisor. I am also a small business owner employing four full time staff members,as well as a number of part time summer workers.

Throughout my life, it has been my family and the great people of Lancaster who provided me with my strong conservative values; who taught me right from wrong; and who instilled upon me the combined senses of community and civic spirit.

The people of Lancaster are more than friends and neighbors. Like my own family, the people of our great town have been, and will continue to be, my lifetime mentors. Together, they have always lifted me when I was down, and continue to faithfully temper my success with the gentle reminder that, with my achievements, come both humility and an obligation to serve my community.

It is that combined sense of humble obligation which leads me to announce that I am running for Lancaster Town Highway Superintendent.

I run not to re-invent, but to reinvigorate. I run not to oppose any single man, but to serve the best interests of residents of Lancaster.

Essentially, I run to restore to the office a temperament which will calmly return dignity to our workers, and to advance the interests of Lancaster without the soil of backroom political bosses.

I am fully qualified and equipped to lead the Town Highway Department.

I completed the Business Management Program at Erie Community College.

My managerial experience spanning sixteen years in the "Green Industry" along with my experience as the Lancaster Town Forestry Supervisor, combined with my ownership of Turf Care of WNY, provide me with the necessary supervisory and administrative skill sets to effectively deal with the challenges that confront the Highway Superintendent.

Equally important, my experience as a laborer in both the Town Highway and Forestry Departments, extend to me a deep knowledge of the hands-on tasks resident in the Highway Department, as well a keen sense of kinship with our great workers.

The Lancaster Town Highway Department is far too essential to the safety of Lancaster and the transiting public to continue under the stale and harsh oversight of the politically beholden and the whimsically committed.

I thank you for your time in reading this letter, and I humbly ask for your support.

Sincerely,

John Pilato
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

John Pilato welcome to the Arena. Be prepared to be savaged by the sitting Supervisor of the Town of Lancaster of his cronies. If you can keep out of that swamp you may just have a chance. It will be an interesting summer this year. I will keep the readers informed on that inside stuff the peeps just can't keep their mouths shut about. I walk among them each day,still......

Mark, you're right about the bogus poll in the VOL. March 16th will tell
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Be prepared to be savaged by the sitting Supervisor of the Town of Lancaster of his cronies. If you can keep out of that swamp you may just have a chance.
    To which supervisor are you referring Blunt?

The one who said...

"Going to get a loaf of bread at the grocery store to me is no longer essential,"
    and...

"Is there a way to trace callers?"

Or, the one who said this?...

"Ronnie, get to work and get the agenda going."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 5th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Town of Lancaster Forestry Supervisor
    I gotta ask...

What does a Forestry Supervisor do and does that experience apply to Town Highway Superintendent ?

Supervising a bunch of trees is completely different than running a town highway department.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I gotta ask...

What does a Forestry Supervisor do and does that experience apply to Town Highway Superintendent ?

Supervising a bunch of trees is completely different than running a town highway department.
    Good question.

Then again how did a Trump or AOC get elected.

I gotta ask...

Just My Opinions Res:

Your comment perhaps presumes that his position of Town Forestry Supervisor has been offered to the exclusion of the further experience that Pilato outlined in the posted letter?

Among Mr. Pilato's other qualifications, I note that he has supervisory, managerial, l and administrative experience in both the public and private sectors.

Also, is he not the owner of his own small business; a qualification that I understand to be not dissimilar to one of the incumbent candidate's?

Moreover, in his capacity as an employee of the Lancaster Town Highway Department, I understand that he appears to have extensive, hands-on experience with drainage system installation and maintenance, municipal snow plowing and road salting exercises, including the dispatching of equipment and personnel.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 6th, 2021 at 02:53 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Good question.

Then again how did a Trump or AOC get elected.
    I know why Trump was elected. AOC not so much.

I know why Trump was elected. AOC not so much.
    In the 2018 Democrat Primary AOC challenged and defeated Joseph Crowley, a ten-term incumbent and the Queens County Democrat Chairman.

Perhaps her victory was in part a populist reaction to the combination of a stale Congressman and his party boss politics, eh?

Mark,.....Touche' A historian on this thread like you is so nice. And of course Lee is included. I would suggest the Highway Superintendent's job is not so involved that the average human being cannot understand and operate that Dept. Anyone of half the employees could be taught the proper SOP with the support that the present guy has. If Golden Boy Danny's job is soooooo hard to do, how does he have all that time on his hands to attend to his OWN private business during work day hours? He is not invisible even though he thinks of himself as a Super Hero. We see him at Frank's over and over during work hours.

We are not launching missiles from the Highway Dept, we are not finding a cure for cancer, it's not impossible to replace the Golden Boy.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

I gotta ask...

Interesting how meathead Blazejewski also lets this guy off on Blazejewski's own environmental policy where the environment just does not matter much. And if you mention the environment in your campaign he attacks you. Of course any sane person believes that the environment is something that government should be responsible for - and at all levels.

The candidate writes of his experience:
    My managerial experience spanning sixteen years in the "Green Industry"
    Why does Blazejewski castigate mayoral candidate Lynne Ruda for even mentioning environment concern in her campaign, attacking Lynne over and over and over on other threads, yet Blazejewski is silent on this thread when it comes to his pal running for office ?????

Hypocrite!!!

I did think the letter had a nice start, until the blockhead's cheap shot at his opponent at the end.

Hmmmm, I do not recall his opponent taking a shot at Pilato. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sounds more like another grievance-driven Frank Lee Blunt.

Must be something about the highway barn where some, probably just a few bad apples being disgruntled, or maybe some who have been checked for less than stellar service. We have all seen on here some of the shenanigans that have taken place in Cheektowaga. The candidate's right of course but he comes off kind of phony in his letter. The letter would probably have been better received had it been all positive. Just saying!!!!

But just think: Pilato's very first move running for office ends up negative. Let that sink in. Pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Interesting how meathead Blazejewski also lets this guy off on Blazejewski's own environmental policy where the environment just does not matter much.

"Blazejewski's own environmental policy?"

Seriously?

I would be interested to read that "policy," and I mean that "policy," in my own words, and not your presumptuous ones.

You are really becoming unwrapped, eh Mr. Troll?

One of the problems with a TROLL, such as yourself, is that they tend to lie.

To wit, I never wrote that the environment was not an important issue. I do have a problem with your candidate Ruda's "FIRST" prioritization of that important long-range, in the crisis-plagued, Covid-era...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Given the negative impact that Covid restrictions have had, and continue to have, on small businesses and daily life in Lancaster, does not this priority, ascribed to Trustee Ruda in the January 14, 2021 Lancaster Sun, seem perplexing?...
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    It is my understanding that Covid is a life-threating health issue which has severely impacted our economy, disrupted our lives, and have left many people and small businesses financially ruined.

There are many important long-term issues in need of attention, but is not Covid an existing calamity; an urgent crisis deserving of top prioritization?

After all, were not Lancaster residents "Paused," perhaps sanctioned, punished, and lockdowned?

Were not Lancaster residents deprived of normal family functions including weddings, visitations, graduations, and funerals?

Were not Lancaster residents forced to delay medical attention?

Was not educational instruction interrupted?

Were not Lancaster residents forced to endure limitations on worship?

In fact, were not Lancaster residents previously told that leaving one's home to purchase a loaf of bread was not "essential?"

Have not small business been severely impacted by mandated Covid restrictions?

If "Yes" answers the foregoing questions, should not a serious, sensitive, and qualified candidate for Mayor understand the simple istinction between an important long-range issue, and issues arising out of a present crisis, which deserve immediate attention?
    Now come back Numbnut, lie some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 6th, 2021 at 07:21 PM.

Hey Breezblaster, you think the Snake was thinking about the Precious Environment when he ordered a couple of employees to dump excess chemicals down the storm drain near the broadway bridge in the VOL and into Cayuga Creek? Or maybe you're not aware of that little deal to buy more chemicals from his old sales buddy from NYSE&G and dump the left over chemicals into the creek. I know about it, and the people that did it know about it and remember it and wrote it down for posterity , and quite frankly (lol), I might be a little worried about the DEC's interest in that little escapade if I were the Snake. You Bill you have stepped on an awful lot of toes over the years. It could come back to bite you hard. It would be an losey way to say goodbye under investigation wouldn't it?

I walk among you everyday ,,,,,,,GIZA, CANSDALE, RUFFINO,MOHR,..................GOLDEN BOY...........Stay Tuned
    Last edited by Frank Lee Blunt; March 6th, 2021 at 07:19 PM.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Frank you also sound grievance-driven and bitter.

Have you been scorned by the people you attack ???

Just wondering.

Don't worry one bit Frank Lee Blunt because Lynne will do a wonderful job as mayor!

I did think the letter had a nice start, until the blockhead's cheap shot at his opponent at the end.
    Indeed, the letter is uplifting, but I am sorry that you are trying, as per your self-appointed roles as Speak Up's "Thought Policeman"/TROLL, to negatively label, or otherwise suppress, the candidate's insights.

But, I guess that is your perfect right to do.

This is Pilato's second last paragraph:

The Lancaster Town Highway Department is far too essential to the safety of Lancaster and the transiting public to continue under the stale and harsh oversight of the politically beholden and the whimsically committed.

If you are going to criticize those comments:

(1) Then you must necessarily believe that the safety of Lancaster and the transiting public is not essential?

(2) Then you must believe that "stale and harsh oversight of the politically beholden and whimsically committed" is in Lancaster's best interests?

Good grief, what you will not say in defense of your political masters, eh Numbnut?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 6th, 2021 at 09:00 PM.

Interesting how meathead Blazejewski a...
    The readers probably have grown accustomed to your elitist bigotry Breezy, but frankly, in light of your repeated scurrilous characterizations and libels regarding my person, I find your ethnic slur to be in very poor taste.

If you are truly the social justice warrior that you claim to be, you must know that when the word "meathead" is directly attached to one of Polish heritage, it has been considered an ethnic slur since 1972, eh?

In case you have just escaped from a jungle in Guam, A.LT.F. deals with the Bunker family, living in a row house off Northern Boulevard in Queens, and particularly with the head of the household, Archie Bunker. Archie is a middle‐aged, middle‐class bigot. He is antiblack, anti‐Semitic, anti‐Catholic, anti‐Puerto Rican. He'd be anti‐Chicano, if he knew the word. He doesn't like hippies, short skirts, students, welfare, liberals. He peppers his language with such epithets as spades, coloreds, jungle bunnies, Hebes, Yids, Chinks, Polack meatheads, weirdos, pinkos and fags.
    Reference: https://www.nytimes.com/1972/03/12/a...d-bigotry.html

Does Mr. Amatura really want your support Breezy?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 25th, 2021 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information