Thread: Investigation

Investigation

Has anyone heard anything about investigating the Facililty Dept general formen . i have heard that there are things missing and equipment being used at home

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I thought that was old news. The practice stopped once it came to light.....

i heard this is still on going but i could be wrong .

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Seriously if you are going to post this up post who you heard it from so it can be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Seriously if you are going to post this up post who you heard it from so it can be confirmed.
    Seriously like i am going to name who i heard it from . please tell me what the old post was about .

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ronl50 View Post
    Seriously like i am going to name who i heard it from . please tell me what the old post was about .
    Seriously have that person let us know the practice is still going on. OR approach the town board. Personally if someone who worked for the town wanted to borrow a manual post hole digger or sledge hammer I don't care. You would have to draw the line somewhere including the line for liability issues. If an employee borrowed a hammer and decided to kill his neighbor with it we shouldn't be liable for that.

Ask your buddy what is being borrowed. Heavy equipment or a hand tool that is returned the following morning?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is why I say this. People are not leaving our town because an employee borrowed a sledge hammer and promptly returned it the following day... Our taxes are not increasing because a town employee borrowed a chisel and promptly returned it the following the day. Get my drift? Now if tools are being borrowed and never returned that is stealing that is not "borrowing".

If an employee was stealing and I was supervisor they would be fired. I wouldn't care if they carried petitions for me, handled the snack table at a fund raiser for the controlling political party or distributed signs for the party candidates. They would be fired. Even if they were politically connected their ass would be shown the door. If the union stepped up to say..."but they have issues.. we have to excuse their behavior"... I get that... They are still fired. They were told day one if you are caught stealing from the property owners you will be terminated. I don't know why you would even waste people's time on the matter other than calling an employment agency to fill the spot.

Thread Information