Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Town of Lancaster 2021 primary / election updates / comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    To then hear the Republican Party Chair declare that he was not satisfied with some of the candidates endorsed, but that they could take the summer off in campaigning, and then in two years concentrate on the Supervisor race, WTF! This is the soft underbelly REPDEMS to be attacked – IMHO!
    Am I to understand that the Republican Party Chair suggested that he is content with the prospect of a further Ruffino majority, and, to the exclusion of the interests of the Lancaster voters, taxpayers, and residents, perhaps views the next two legislative years as irrelevant; a convenient hiatus permitting the contemplation of further political machinations and wizardry?

In my opinion, such words do not reflect leadership, but an indifferent deference to the combined Republican-Democrat backroom powerbrokers.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 08:11 AM.
    Of Mike Wozniak: "He has the same ideology as Ron (Ruffino) wanted, Giza said."

Rudz openly admitting he never sought the Democratic Party endorsement he received, and later openly admitting he would be a ‘fool’ not to accept it, speaks to the sentiment of the colluded REPDEM alliance – their morals / values / integrity / ethos and self-interest agendas over that of community best interests.
    I note that Rudz's comments as posted above, appear to be devoid of any reference to the interests of the Lancaster taxpayers and residents. Rather, they seem to be focused on personal political opportunity, eh?

I just wonder what is the price for the Democrat endorsement of Rudz; a fool's paradise?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 08:27 AM.

As a ‘blank’ I have no standing to vote in the primary. What is of interest to me in this primary is the outright deceit used by the REPDEMS to not only form an unholy alliance attempting to suppress voting choice, but the machinations used attempting to eliminate candidate opposition by challenging petition authentications.

This primary campaign would seem to be a referendum on the traditional political process in Lancaster: a choice to honor voter supremacy over the oppressive power of the political elite and special interests.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

Hey Mark:

Where you focus on REPDEM candidate allegiance to defend Supervisor Ruffino, I would think opposing candidates would focus more on Ruffino and the endorsed REPDEM candidates as being the dog wagged by the tail of the likes of Lancaster party bosses McCracken / Giza / Zellner on the Dem side and Smith / Mohr / county patronage operatives on the Rep side.
    Indeed Lee.

In my opinion, the candidates endorsed by the Conservative Party, who also stand in challenge to the curious ticket endorsed by the Republican Party, need to hone their comments to strongly include the message that the 2021 Primary campaign is far more than a choice between personages; the viability of an uncorrupt, strong, two-party system in Lancaster, devoid of bossism, is on the line in the primary elections.

This campaign message is a very good start...

...along with these words from John Pilato...

"I run not to re-invent, but to reinvigorate. I run not to oppose any single man, but to serve the best interests of residents of Lancaster.

Essentially, I run to restore to the office a temperament which will calmly return dignity to our workers, and to advance the interests of Lancaster without the soil of backroom political bosses."
    ...and these comments from Mark Burkard...

"My name is Mark Burkard, and like so many Lancaster residents, I am appalled by the perceived abusive machinations, jointly applied by the Lancaster Democrat and Republican Parties. Those tactics are obviously intended to subvert the broad interests of good governance in favor of patronage and individual self-interest. In response to that unsavory condition, I have decided to run for Lancaster Town Council.

One such machination is the joint effort by the joint Democrat and Republican power holders to cross-endorse each and every candidate for Lancaster Town office , leaving the people of Lancaster with no alternate November choices to those candidates sanctioned by what might be termed Lancaster's "Bi-Partisan Swamp."

To address the problematic issue of uncontested major party candidates appearing on the November ballot, I have decided to enter the Republican Party Primary for Town Council.

A second such machination is an effort by both the Democrat and Republican Party to subvert the candidates truly vetted and endorsed by the Conservative Party; an sinister effort which if successful, would entirely deny those residents and voters holding true conservative values a genuine voice and tested choice in the November general election..."

"Now, in 2021, I undertake a non-military, more local task; a challenge to lift the Lancaster community, and to nobly serve the causes of good governance and civic responsibility.

With my combined experience as a medical professional, personnel supervisor, fiscal administrator, and a leader of men and women, I know that I possess the necessary tools to professionally serve in the community's best interests; with integrity, credibility and with openness and transparency."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.

Frank Lee Blunt
    Today

Hey Readers, here's a little tidbit of what I'm always writing about. The behind the scenes political incest that happens daily in Lancaster, both the VOL and the TOL, continues as Terry McCracken is a visitor to the Lancaster Republican Chairboy's house yesterday morning.
    I would consider this hearsay, but not impossible as such clandestine meetings, phone calls, etc. have taken place over the past two decades that I can attest to.

I would be more interested in what transpired between the two political party Chairs / strategists more mischief for the Conservative Party endorsed candidates / Republican Party primary challengers, or strategy on how to sell their cross-endorsed candidates.

Will this approach work for the newly formed REPDEMS: Our liberal, social justice candidates, fiscally responsible, united to create local and county patronage jobs, united to suppress / destroy all political opposition, do pledge to work in the best interests of all. Elect our candidates, Supervisor Ruffino needs the votes.

So much for integrity, values, morals, ethics, and honesty. When ex-elected Lancaster and Erie County Republicans are openly encouraging voters to not vote for the endorsed Republican Party candidates in the primary, something really stinks here!
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; Today at 12:39 AM.

When ex-elected Lancaster and Erie County Republicans are openly encouraging voters to not vote for the endorsed Republican Party candidates in the primary, something really stinks here!
    Is this such an example?...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information