Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Town of Lancaster 2021 primary / election updates / comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    To then hear the Republican Party Chair declare that he was not satisfied with some of the candidates endorsed, but that they could take the summer off in campaigning, and then in two years concentrate on the Supervisor race, WTF! This is the soft underbelly REPDEMS to be attacked – IMHO!
    Am I to understand that the Republican Party Chair suggested that he is content with the prospect of a further Ruffino majority, and, to the exclusion of the interests of the Lancaster voters, taxpayers, and residents, perhaps views the next two legislative years as irrelevant; a convenient hiatus permitting the contemplation of further political machinations and wizardry?

In my opinion, such words do not reflect leadership, but an indifferent deference to the combined Republican-Democrat backroom powerbrokers.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 08:11 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Rudz openly admitting he never sought the Democratic Party endorsement he received, and later openly admitting he would be a ‘fool’ not to accept it, speaks to the sentiment of the colluded REPDEM alliance – their morals / values / integrity / ethos and self-interest agendas over that of community best interests.
    I note that Rudz's comments as posted above, appear to be devoid of any reference to the interests of the Lancaster taxpayers and residents. Rather, they seem to be focused on personal political opportunity, eh?

I just wonder what is the price for the Democrat endorsement of Rudz; a fool's paradise?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 08:27 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

As a ‘blank’ I have no standing to vote in the primary. What is of interest to me in this primary is the outright deceit used by the REPDEMS to not only form an unholy alliance attempting to suppress voting choice, but the machinations used attempting to eliminate candidate opposition by challenging petition authentications.

This primary campaign would seem to be a referendum on the traditional political process in Lancaster: a choice to honor voter supremacy over the oppressive power of the political elite and special interests.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

Hey Mark:

Where you focus on REPDEM candidate allegiance to defend Supervisor Ruffino, I would think opposing candidates would focus more on Ruffino and the endorsed REPDEM candidates as being the dog wagged by the tail of the likes of Lancaster party bosses McCracken / Giza / Zellner on the Dem side and Smith / Mohr / county patronage operatives on the Rep side.
    Indeed Lee.

In my opinion, the candidates endorsed by the Conservative Party, who also stand in challenge to the curious ticket endorsed by the Republican Party, need to hone their comments to strongly include the message that the 2021 Primary campaign is far more than a choice between personages; the viability of an uncorrupt, strong, two-party system in Lancaster, devoid of bossism, is on the line in the primary elections.

This campaign message is a very good start...

...along with these words from John Pilato...

"I run not to re-invent, but to reinvigorate. I run not to oppose any single man, but to serve the best interests of residents of Lancaster.

Essentially, I run to restore to the office a temperament which will calmly return dignity to our workers, and to advance the interests of Lancaster without the soil of backroom political bosses."
    ...and these comments from Mark Burkard...

"My name is Mark Burkard, and like so many Lancaster residents, I am appalled by the perceived abusive machinations, jointly applied by the Lancaster Democrat and Republican Parties. Those tactics are obviously intended to subvert the broad interests of good governance in favor of patronage and individual self-interest. In response to that unsavory condition, I have decided to run for Lancaster Town Council.

One such machination is the joint effort by the joint Democrat and Republican power holders to cross-endorse each and every candidate for Lancaster Town office , leaving the people of Lancaster with no alternate November choices to those candidates sanctioned by what might be termed Lancaster's "Bi-Partisan Swamp."

To address the problematic issue of uncontested major party candidates appearing on the November ballot, I have decided to enter the Republican Party Primary for Town Council.

A second such machination is an effort by both the Democrat and Republican Party to subvert the candidates truly vetted and endorsed by the Conservative Party; an sinister effort which if successful, would entirely deny those residents and voters holding true conservative values a genuine voice and tested choice in the November general election..."

"Now, in 2021, I undertake a non-military, more local task; a challenge to lift the Lancaster community, and to nobly serve the causes of good governance and civic responsibility.

With my combined experience as a medical professional, personnel supervisor, fiscal administrator, and a leader of men and women, I know that I possess the necessary tools to professionally serve in the community's best interests; with integrity, credibility and with openness and transparency."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 4th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.

Frank Lee Blunt
    Today

Hey Readers, here's a little tidbit of what I'm always writing about. The behind the scenes political incest that happens daily in Lancaster, both the VOL and the TOL, continues as Terry McCracken is a visitor to the Lancaster Republican Chairboy's house yesterday morning.
    I would consider this hearsay, but not impossible as such clandestine meetings, phone calls, etc. have taken place over the past two decades that I can attest to.

I would be more interested in what transpired between the two political party Chairs / strategists – more mischief for the Conservative Party endorsed candidates / Republican Party primary challengers, or strategy on how to sell their cross-endorsed candidates.

Will this approach work for the newly formed REPDEMS: Our liberal, social justice candidates, fiscally responsible, united to create local and county patronage jobs, united to suppress / destroy all political opposition, do pledge to work in the best interests of all. Elect our candidates, Supervisor Ruffino needs the votes.

So much for integrity, values, morals, ethics, and honesty. When ex-elected Lancaster and Erie County Republicans are openly encouraging voters to not vote for the endorsed Republican Party candidates in the primary, something really stinks here!
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; May 6th, 2021 at 12:39 AM.

When ex-elected Lancaster and Erie County Republicans are openly encouraging voters to not vote for the endorsed Republican Party candidates in the primary, something really stinks here!
    Is this such an example?...

The silence is deafening

Only five weeks to go to the primary election and the only news reported so far is on the creation of this year’s colluded REPDEM Party and its and their candidates attempt to disqualify opposition candidate authentication petitions.

Soon, the expected deluge of palm cards, mailers, flyers, door knockers, etc. will be at the eligible voters doors. Expected will be the typical literature demonizing the opponent, self-serving rhetoric promising integrity, fiscal responsibility, transparency, independence, and all the other stereotypical BS that portrays the candidate as better qualified than the opposition.

Missing again will be focus on any issues that plague the town and how the candidate would respond to address said issues in the community’s best interest – not they’re own. It would be enlightening to hear candidates speaking on their knowledge and qualifications to respond on issues like:

*Traffic & traffic safety issues on overburden two-lane county & town roads.

*Destruction, filling in, or mitigation of valuable and functional wetlands that have resulted in town flooding and drainage issues.

*Budgetary skills that would aid in preventing a repeat of last year’s chaotic, embarrassing initial budget presentation, the errors and shortcomings.

*Supporting the new zoning code changes and future smart growth policies.

*Tax equity – reassessment program, Condominium Law – 339y tax breaks.

*Hiring the most qualified individual off the civil service examine and putting aside patronage family & friend first hiring policies.

*Commitment to community best interests over that of developer, public and private projects.

Too much to expect you say. I should expect the same negative, stereotypical campaign rhetoric, same banal blather? Most likely but still hoping for positive change.

It is sad that the cross endorsed candidates of the Republican and Democratic Parties tarnished their integrity, credibility, and code of ethics by selling out for personal political gain.

That does not preclude / excuse the opposition from simply taking the position ‘we are better than that’, but to give positive evidence as to their qualifications and commitment to serve in the best interests of the community.

As Breezy the famous philosopher repeatedly states: “You are judged by the company you keep. Guilt by association.” By those words, the REPDEM cross endorsed candidates have been stigmatized / marginalized by their duplicitous party bosses – and with their own complicity.

Lee,

I have always been a big fan of the 1994 Gingrich "Contract With America" strategy; a punch list of pledges to the American people to be addressed, and after each disposition, publicly "punched-out" as such.

When applied by Gingrich in 1994, that tactic demonstrated that the Republicans were not singularly challenging a rather unpopular Democrat Congressional majority supportive of Bill Clinton, but presented the GOP Congressional candidates as valued alternatives to the Democrat majority and therefore, a positive, idea(s)-rich opposition to check Clinton's then-ultra-Left agenda; a reason to vote for the Republicans, and not just against the Democrats.

Perhaps you are suggesting a similar bullet-pointed platform?

That would a wonderful and uplifting suggestion; one that I and others that I know, may warmly embrace.

In fact, as I read Candidate Burkard's letter, he appears to have already touched on some of the points which you raised...

*Hiring the most qualified individual off the civil service examine and putting aside patronage family & friend first hiring policies.
    BURKARD:

Those tactics are obviously intended to subvert the broad interests of good governance in favor of patronage and individual self-interest. In response to that unsavory condition, I have decided to run for Lancaster Town Council.

*Commitment to community best interests over that of developer, public *and private projects.
    BURKARD:

The political mischief aside, I am even more troubled by the rising power of special interests in Lancaster.

For too long, the good people of Lancaster have been burdened by a Town Council Democrat majority that has empowered advantaged actors; characters whose primary purpose is profit and whose privilege is favored
    *Traffic & traffic safety issues on overburden two-lane county & town roads.
    BURKARD:

I have sensed that burden in the frowns of those who oppose the "Stutzman Road Over-Development;" I have seen it in the fearful eyes of those who value safety on William Street, and I have heard it in the troubled voices of my neighbors on Spruceland Terrace.
    *Budgetary skills that would aid in preventing a repeat of last year’s chaotic, embarrassing initial budget presentation, the errors and shortcomings.
    BURKARD:

Before you cast your ballot, I wish to assure you that I possess the leadership skills, fiscal and budgetary backgrounds, and the tested civic attributes which will ensure that politics and governance will be kept separate; privilege goes to the broad interests of the town, and that issues before the Town Council will be decided strictly by the measure of the public good, rather than by the whims of the partisan caucus.
    Text of Burkard letter reference:

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...gn-Is-Underway

Hopefully, Burkard may amplify on his already presented comments as the campaign moves forward.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 12th, 2021 at 08:59 AM.

The silence is deafening

Only five weeks to go to the primary election and the only news reported so far is on the creation of this year’s colluded REPDEM Party and its and their candidates attempt to disqualify opposition candidate authentication petitions.

Soon, the expected deluge of palm cards, mailers, flyers, door knockers, etc. will be at the eligible voters doors. Expected will be the typical literature demonizing the opponent, self-serving rhetoric promising integrity, fiscal responsibility, transparency, independence, and all the other stereotypical BS that portrays the candidate as better qualified than the opposition.

Missing again will be focus on any issues that plague the town and how the candidate would respond to address said issues in the community’s best interest – not they’re own.
    Lee,

I gave my impressions of the Burkard message on post #128, and I now will speak to my understanding of the positions of John Pilato, the Conservative Party-endorsed candidate for Highway Superintendent, who also runs in challenge to the endorsed, so-called Republican candidate Amatura.

Pilato Letter, reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...Superintendent

In regards to his qualifications for the office, Pilato, as a challenging candidate, just may be more qualified for the office than was Amatura when he first sought the position. Observed Pilato:

I am a lifelong resident of Lancaster, and I am currently the Town of Lancaster Forestry Supervisor. I am also a small business owner employing four full time staff members,as well as a number of part time summer workers...

My managerial experience spanning sixteen years in the "Green Industry" along with my experience as the Lancaster Town Forestry Supervisor, combined with my ownership of Turf Care of WNY, provide me with the necessary supervisory and administrative skill sets to effectively deal with the challenges that confront the Highway Superintendent.

Equally important, my experience as a laborer in both the Town Highway and Forestry Departments, extend to me a deep knowledge of the hands-on tasks resident in the Highway Department, as well a keen sense of kinship with our great workers.
    Concerning Pilato's motivation for challenging Amatura, Pilato related:

I run not to re-invent, but to reinvigorate. I run not to oppose any single man, but to serve the best interests of residents of Lancaster.

Essentially, I run to restore to the office a temperament which will calmly return dignity to our workers, and to advance the interests of Lancaster without the soil of backroom political bosses...

The Lancaster Town Highway Department is far too essential to the safety of Lancaster and the transiting public to continue under the stale and harsh oversight of the politically beholden and the whimsically committed.

If I understand Mr. Pilato's words correctly, he does not suggest that Amatura lacks a skill set for service; both candidates are functionally qualified. Rather, candidate Pilato suggests, among other concerns, that Amatura may lack a tactful tone in his interaction with the town workers, full engagement of his duties on any given work day, and seemingly, a non-political approach to, and conduct of, his office.

In fact, according to a certain self-proclaimed Speak Up Democrat operative, the issue of tone is not a petty one; it is a transgression worthy voter repudiation...

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I guess it's always the tone of these things that gets people upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Hmmmm.

This, too, is very informative, of course, but my issue is much more about the negativity...It's the anger. It's the subtitle threat. It's the grouching...I shudder to think of his remarks behind closed doors, ouch!....

Sometimes I wish these people had to face voters every two years, that way, they would be more accountable.
    Karma's a bitch, eh Numbnut?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 12th, 2021 at 11:13 AM.

70% of Lancaster residents have been smart enough to get Covid vaccinated but deemed not smart enough by the newly colluded REPDEM political party bosses to make a responsible voting decision. Go figure!

Can a minor party and its endorsed candidates influence the primary election outcome? David slew Goliath.

Despite the political double-dealing, Lancaster is a nice community to live in because of its residents.

Can a minor party and its endorsed candidates influence the primary election outcome? David slew Goliath.
    I was about to ask a related question Lee.

Just my opinion, even if the REPDEMs prevail in the Republican Primary, I am open to considering the strong possibility that the Conservative-endorsed ticket (assuming that they all win the Conservative Primary), may emerge victorious on the exclusive Conservative Party line in November.

Such a turn of events would reflect a truly historic election, which potentially could blast the Cabal to smithereens, would it not?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 16th, 2021 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I was about to ask a related question Lee.

Just my opinion, even if the REPDEMs prevail in the Republican Primary, I am open to considering the strong possibility that the Conservative-endorsed ticket (assuming that they all win the Conservative Primary), may emerge victorious on the exclusive Conservative Party line in November.

Such a turn of events would reflect a truly historic election, which potentially could blast the Cabal to smithereens, would it not?

Historic indeed. To my knowledge no stand- alone conservative party candidate has ever won an election in Lancaster.

If the endorsed conservative party candidates survive the interparty onslaught caused by the Democrats having candidates and foot soldiers register as conservatives and primary the endorsed conservative party candidates, with Republicans gathering petitions and supporting legal petition challenges against the endorsed conservative candidates, that would be victory enough.

But to believe the surviving conservative party endorsed candidates could be successfully elected in November without major party line backing is wishful thinking – IMHO.

The conservative party candidates would have to be successful in their bid to defeat the endorsed unholy alliance Republican candidates. For ‘blanks’ like me, and I would think to reasonable voters, the alliance was brokered for self-interest political party agendas over that of party values, policies, and ideology and town best interests.

The Republic Party voters are going to have to determine who are the real Republicans – who will best serve holding true party values, policies, and ideology. You can’t serve two masters.

Historic indeed. To my knowledge no stand- alone conservative party candidate has ever won an election in Lancaster.
    As far as Lancaster Lee, you are absolutely correct and it will be a Herculean task.

But, hope does spring eternal, eh?

You and I are old enough to remember that James Buckley won his New York U.S. Senate seat strictly as a Conservative candidate in 1970, because the voters realized that there was not a dime's worth of difference between Ottinger and Goodell.

You and I also recall Jimmy Griffin's miracle 1977 win over John Phelan and Arthur Eve. Griffin held only the Conservative line that year.

But to believe the surviving conservative party endorsed candidates could be successfully elected in November without major party line backing is wishful thinking – IMHO.
    Wishful thinking absolutely Lee, but a thought worthy of consideration.

In that connection, how many dissatisfied Republicans and Democrats (especially those still smarting from the 2019 Town Clerk's primary race) will seek to purify the stench of the political collusion resident in the REPDEM tickets?

More significantly, how many "Blanks" will be drawn to the Conservative candidates because they may view them as the only alternatives to the final product of the outrageous REPDEM shenanigans?

Perhaps if the voters exercise their independence and common sense, history may very well be made in Lancaster in 2021, and it will be remembered as the benchmark year of the great political "reset;" a fixed date of historic significance, not only for Lancaster, but for Erie County and parts beyond?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 16th, 2021 at 04:59 PM.

I liked former Highway Superintendent Rich Reese. He was liked and respected by many in town. A humble man who was not cut out for the political game. He just didn’t have the balls to push back when he was the only town elected Republican when the town board, planning and zoning boards were under total control of the Democrats.

He was coerced into writing a correspondence in favor of the board against his best wishes, underspent to keep the department adequately equipped in order to lowball his department budget, and then got screwed over anyway.

They drove that poor man crazy!

Buffalo News denounces existence of minor parties / fusion voting.

As a lifelong unaffiliated registered voter (blank), I differ from today’s Buffalo News editorial especially considering what is taking place in this year’s election. As one who is not enthralled by either Republican or Democrat Party policies / ideology enough to affiliate with either party, I always vote for candidates on minor party line ballots.

Fortunately, Lancaster still has two minor party lines for voters to go to considering the Republicans and Democrats have conspired / colluded to 100% cross endorse a slate of candidates with both liberal and conservative values and contradicting ideologies / governing policies.

Ralph Mohr and his lackeys took over the Republican Party this year and for vindictive reasons reimaged the party, directing his committee faithful to endorse non-Republicans. Within a week the Democratic Party cross endorsed the Republican slate. The Working Families Party (an uber left party) shortly thereafter endorsed Amatura and Wozniak.

So, follow the bouncing ball:

Amatura and Wozniak are recent Conservative Party coverts from the liberal Democratic Party enabling them to seek primary endorsements from the Conservative and Republican Parties, Wozniak did not seek the Conservative Party endorsement but is primarying for the endorsement. Amatura sought but did not get the Conservative Party endorsement. He is also primarying the endorsed conservative John Pilato.

Amatura and Wozniak, recent Conservative Party converts, non-Republicans get the Republican Party endorsement – where two Republican Party incumbents do not.

Paul Rudz, registered Republican gets a call from the Democratic Party the night they endorse their candidates to tell him they have endorsed him. He tells the caller that he did not petition for the endorsement but accepts. He tells the Republican Party committee that he would have been a fool not to accept.

Mailers are now going out from the 2021 Conservative Team for a Better Lancaster positioning Amatura, Wozniak and Rudz as the ‘real conservatives’. Not enough to have the endorsements of three political parties, let’s disparage and eliminate the one party in opposition..

Without a major party backing, it is near impossible to win an election. The endorsed Conservative Party candidates, Pilato, Dickman and Burkard are therefore primarying the endorsed Republican candidates – Amatura, Wozniak and Rudz.

Had the Conservative Party not been in existence this year, there would have been no reason for voters to go to the polls. Cancel culture in the burbs with a twist!

Got all that? You can’t make this **** up!

Excerpts from Buffalo News Editorial

A minor aggravation

New York can bid good riddance to two parties. More would be better.

It’s a notable development that neither the Green nor the Independence parties will appear on New York 2021 election ballots, having failed to gain enough votes last year to sustain them. Now, if only the Working Families and Conservative parties would join them in the state’s political dust bin.

Whatever useful purpose these boutique parties may serve pales in comparison to the unwanted splintering they inflict on our politics. The two-party system has, for the most part, worked well in this country, helping to keep it from drifting too far left or right.

The two-party system has, for the most part, worked well in this country, helping to keep it from drifting too far left or right. For the past 167 years, that system has featured the Republican and Democratic parties and, while each has changed positions over the years, they have helped to create a remarkable period of stability – since 1865, anyway.

Minor parties add nothing of significance to our political prosperity – state or national – while aiming, even if unintentionally, to undermine it. They can all go away.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information