Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Town of Lancaster 2021 primary / election updates / comments

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Question???

So are you all saying that's okay for the Conservative party to fuse with the Republican party by cross-endorsing their candidates
    but it's not okay for the Democratic and Republican parties to cross-endorse each others candidates?
    Just my opinion, but if "collaboration" is truly not the intent, the voter and reader may need to consider the word "okay" within the meaning of the word "sensible" to appreciate the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Just my opinion, but the very fact that the Republican Party rejected its own incumbent sitting Town Justice is beyond perplexing; to snub its own popular, incumbent Council Member without overt cause seems to be self-defeating; to endorse an incumbent opposition Council Member if not bizarre, smacks of unprincipled chicanery.

Does it not appear that "The Cabal" certainly has great contempt for the common sense of the Lancaster voter?
    If the endorsements are not resultant of "collaboration" and simply do not make sense, should not the voter and reader conclude that the new Republican leadership simply is rather reckless or incompetent?

Sorry, I think that this whole thing just does not pass the smell test; just my opinion.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 3rd, 2021 at 09:41 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Question???

So are you all saying that's okay for the Conservative party to fuse with the Republican party by cross-endorsing their candidates
    but it's not okay for the Democratic and Republican parties to cross-endorse each others candidates?
    As a born-again registered Conservative you should well understand that the Republican and Conservative Party share like values / ideology / policies.

Democrats do not and Ralph Mohr knows that better than anyone. Two incumbent Republicans endorsed on the Conservative line and they can thrown under the bus by the Mohr clan and you dare ask a question like that that?

Wozniak doesn't even petition for a Conservative Party interview and he is considered having 'conservative' values. His straight line voting with Ruffino says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    His straight line voting with Ruffino says otherwise.

Does the endorsement of its slate indicate a Republican endorsement of the Ruffino agenda?

From the August, 2020 Lancaster Sun...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 3rd, 2021 at 11:13 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

C'mon Gorja, you're smarter than that. Use your adult brain when responding. All the sudden you too don't know what's going on? Gosh if you're really that confused maybe you should go back and read the entire thread again. Pretty sure the reader got it the first time through
    Last edited by Frank Lee Blunt; March 3rd, 2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Does the endorsement of its slate indicate a Republican endorsement of the Ruffino agenda?

From the August, 2020 Lancaster Sun...
    Democrat and conservative sharing like values and ideology is oxymoronic.

You are either one or the other and for candidates accepting endorsements from both Republican and Democrat Parties (not just one candidate) bears
    scrutiny / suspicion as to candidate integrity and whose best interest is being served - the town's or theirs!

Democrat and conservative sharing like values and ideology is oxymoronic.
    Well and succinctly put Lee.

In regards to your post and to my comments directed exclusively at the Republican Party and its 2021 endorsed slate of candidates, post #63, some supporting thoughts, which are Just My Opinion:

How can any reasonable person believe that Ron Ruffino's ideology, after nearly twenty years of excessively supporting partisan patronage, pandering to developers, voting for high tax and spend budgets, his bold request for the reinstatement of the Supervisor's budget stipend, his calamitous 2021 Preliminary Budget, and what I perceive to have been his rather awkward, and at times his temperamentally very harsh enforcement of the Lancaster Pause, conforms to the generally accepted standards of Republicanism, or for that matter, the generally accepted principles of conservative thought?

It seems to me that over a near twenty-year political life span, a very small handful of throw-away, showboat votes, a great deal of synthetic self-proclamation, and a lot of political manipulation does not convincingly alter Ruffino's otherwise entirely liberal, Democrat DNA.

Similar, complementary, self-definition tactics equally apply to Wozniak, et al.

Quite to the contrary, it seems to me that Messrs Ruffino, and Wozniak, can label themselves anything they wish, including a potted plant, based upon an illusory self-definition; for a non-delusional voter or serious student of local affairs to believe that self-definition, is quite another story.

In that connection, IMHO, the very recent self-labeling exercises of both Ruffino and Wozniak strongly echoes of Orwellian Doublethink, "which requires using logic against logic or suspending disbelief in the contradiction." It is akin to saying "cloudy skies are sunny skies; black is white; and happy is sad."

As I see it, a product does not credibly acquire a brand-name label when an analysis reveals that it is actually composed of highly substandard generic ingredients, just sayin'.

In its perplexing, if not highly suspicious endorsements, it seems to me that the Lancaster Republican Committee, appears to have inexplicably abandoned what I perceive to be its core values, by embracing some actor(s) who appear to have merely hijacked a label, and did so to the without genuine reference to their past performances.

I certainly do not believe that the Republican endorsements are reflective of the true values of the overwhelming Republican, or of those with true and tested conservative values.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 3rd, 2021 at 03:21 PM.

All I know is that I will vote for Judge Cervi and Highway superintendent Amatura no matter which party they are on the ballot.

Georgia L Schlager

Mark, Here,Here !!!!! You and Lee clearly point out the obvious ,hidden within the cloud of Flack thrown up by the GUNS of the DEMS. KUDOS BOYS
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    These kinds of things happen all the time in other towns - big deal!
    Yea, in towns that existed under Chapter XI of the Constitution of the Soviet Union.

If people don't agree with endorsed candidates, isn't that what primaries are for?

From Wiki -
    Primary elections, often abbreviated to primaries, are a process by which voters can indicate their preference for their party's candidate.

Georgia L Schlager

From what I understand, there was going to be collaboration between the Republican and Conservative Party until at the recent Republican Organizational Meeting Chair Sojka was replaced by Greg Smith and the slate of candidates proposed by Sojka for endorsement (same as that of the endorsed Conservative Party) was changed in its entirety.

A slate change that included the dumping of two Republican incumbents and inclusion of two Johnny-Come-Lately Democrats who recently converted to the Conservative Party. Two candidates where only the one petitioned for Conservative Party endorsement and was denied, and the other not bothering to petition at all – but telling the Republican Party interviewing committee that he had become a conservative because the Democrats have strayed too far left. It will be interesting if this individual accepts the Democratic Party endorsement – again.

What’s changed you ask? Why Ralph Mohr is back and peddling influence and intimidation. The other shoe will drop should the Democrats endorse the same slate.

I can’t help but wonder what the county Republican Party bosses think about the town’s endorsed slate. Will they certify the slate? If not, what then?
    Thank you Lee for explaining that. Interesting..history repeats itself doesn't it....

Elections do have consequences...

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Thank you Lee for explaining that. Interesting..history repeats itself doesn't it....

Elections do have consequences...

People who left the Republican Party committee through the years did so because they saw the influence and underhandedness of Mohr in choosing weak candidates in deal-making endeavors with the Democrats - and just having a dismal record of getting candidates elected to the town board – where the real decision-making takes place.

What Mohr did this year was a vindictive move against recently replaced Chair Sojka by replacing every one of his interviewed, vetted and expected to be endorsed candidates. What other reason could be suspected when two of Sojka’s candidates were incumbents Judge Cervi and Councilmember Dickman who did not get the Republican Party endorsement..

The machinations, collusion, and duplicity by both major parties is a slap in the face to Lancaster voters.

At Monday evening’s town board meeting, there were several resolution split votes – 3 by the ‘we have the votes’ Ruffino Democrats and 2 by the Republicans. By Dickman’s not being endorsed by the Republican Party, can one not but suspect it is an attempt to further silence the minority party.

As for Wozniak, the recent near lifelong Democrat turn conservative and getting the Republican Party nod, he has been nothing but a ‘yes’ man for the Ruffino democrats.

What he said :
    People who left the Republican Party committee through the years did so because they saw the influence and underhandedness of Mohr in choosing weak candidates in deal-making endeavors with the Democrats - and just having a dismal record of getting candidates elected to the town board – where the real decision-making takes place.

What Mohr did this year was a vindictive move against recently replaced Chair Sojka by replacing every one of his interviewed, vetted and expected to be endorsed candidates. What other reason could be suspected when two of Sojka’s candidates were incumbents Judge Cervi and Councilmember Dickman who did not get the Republican Party endorsement..

The machinations, collusion, and duplicity by both major parties is a slap in the face to Lancaster voters.

At Monday evening’s town board meeting, there were several resolution split votes – 3 by the ‘we have the votes’ Ruffino Democrats and 2 by the Republicans. By Dickman’s not being endorsed by the Republican Party, can one not but suspect it is an attempt to further silence the minority party.

As for Wozniak, the recent near lifelong Democrat turn conservative and getting the Republican Party nod, he has been nothing but a ‘yes’ man for the Ruffino democrats.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Hey Gorga:

If you intend to sign the Conservative Party petition for Judge Anthony Cervi – or any other endorsed Conservative Party candidate, make sure the petition is the one authorized by the Conservative Party.

Too often in the past petitions have been presented by candidates primarying the endorsed candidates deceitfully identifying the candidate on the petition as being the party’s ‘endorsed’ candidate.

The Designating petition should look like this and identifying certification by:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19526

Ralph C. Lorigo
    Raymond F. Gallagher
    Kevin M Bachus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Gorga:

If you intend to sign the Conservative Party petition for Judge Anthony Cervi – or any other endorsed Conservative Party candidate, make sure the petition is the one authorized by the Conservative Party.

Too often in the past petitions have been presented by candidates primarying the endorsed candidates deceitfully identifying the candidate on the petition as being the party’s ‘endorsed’ candidate.

The Designating petition should look like this and identifying certification by:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19526

Ralph C. Lorigo
    Raymond F. Gallagher
    Kevin M Bachus
    I wouldn't sign that as that has other candidates on there that I don't endorse myself.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information