Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Town of Lancaster 2021 primary / election updates / comments

Breezy;1965281]Need for another quick correction of Lee Chowaniec: My comment involved the Democratic Party, and it was a quip, noting that the man is well-regarded, It was in response to Mr. Frank Lee Blunt inferring that the highway superintendent is vulnerable.
    Ah, correction, eh? You said it. YAWN!

Lee sounds legit through his writing, but pull back the curtain, readers, and he's not as sharp as he thinks.

LOL

The political curtain in Lancaster will indeed be pulled back this year. Count on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    I assure you Lee, when the proper time comes the posers in the Conservative Party ARE going to be called out. If you think that sham Republican endorsement show was raucous, wait till the lying Democrats newbies get a letter painted on their chests at the proper time. Danny boy, Christen, all of you are in for an awakening.More voices than you think have come to join in the fight against you. Exspect no decorum, none is earned. Spotlight is on now and going to be turned up hot.
    Raucous? How so Frank? Heard the same from others who witnessed the interviewing meeting.

Can't wait to hear of the endorsements. Perhaps that's why the Democrats are waiting to announce as I hear several Democrats turned conservatives were interviewing.

Ah politics in the local swamp! Do you really know who you will be voting for in Lancaster this year? Numbnuts does!

Town of Lancaster Republican Party endorses the following slate of candidates for 2021:

Highway Superintendent – Dan Amatura (incumbent)

Town Justice – Anthony Marecki

Town Council – Mike Wozniak (incumbent)

Town Council – Paul Rudz

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Town of Lancaster Republican Party endorses the following slate of candidates for 2021:

Highway Superintendent – Dan Amatura (incumbent)

Town Justice – Anthony Marecki

Town Council – Mike Wozniak (incumbent)

Town Council – Paul Rudz

If this is the Republican slate Lee, of these candidates, I can only think of one whom I may consider supporting in the fall. I certainly can not foresee supporting any of those listed candidates if they compete for the General Election Conservative line in the Conservative Primary in June.

Methinks the bi-partisan swamp appears to be alive and well in Lancaster, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 27th, 2021 at 08:05 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If this is the Republican slate Lee, of these candidates, I can only think of one whom I may consider supporting in the fall. I certainly can not foresee supporting any of those listed candidates if they compete for the General Election Conservative line in the Conservative Primary in June.

Methinks the bi-partisan swamp appears to be alive and well in Lancaster, eh?
    Mark I'd be surprised if any of them would want you vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Mark I'd be surprised if any of them would want you vote.
    Nah, they just want my tax dollars to help pay their salaries and those of their patronage buddies.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

What the hell is going on in Lancaster

The Republican Party endorsements have totally confused and/or outraged Town of Lancaster residents but others within the county as well.

The slate of endorsed candidates differed entirely from the one suggested earlier by the recently replaced party chair and committee.

Where outgoing Republican Party Chair Greg Sojka favored endorsing like candidates of the Conservative Party, newly elected Chair Greg Smith, by committee vote selected an entirely different slate – a slate of two republicans and two conservatives.

The two conservatives who sought and received the Republican endorsement are recent flip-floppers, registering from Democrat-to-Conservative in the past year.

When the one candidate was asked why he was seeking the Republican Party endorsement, when in fact, he had been endorsed by the Democratic Party for town council just a year ago, he replied: that Democratic Party had become too far left for him.

One has to question why the Republican Party dumped two incumbents, Judge Anthony Cervi and Councilmember Dickman who were doing good work and admired by the electorate. The Amatura endorsement is also enigmatic in that he petitioned for the Conservative Party endorsement and did not get it.

Councilman Wozniak did not petition the Conservative Party for their endorsement. Wozniak, a longtime Democrat (and party committeeman) registered as a conservative last year to be eligible for the 2020 primary. He primaried the endorsed candidate and won.

AS a lifelong registered ‘blank’ I am an outsider to the process and cannot vote. However, as the political trickery continues, and gets worse, it may very well impact my choice of candidate for the November election.

I would therefore have to ask, ‘what the hell is going on here? Are the county party bosses aware of what’s taking place? Are they willing to sign off on this process?
    Can’t wait to hear who the Dems are going to endorse. Will Amatura and Wozniak get their endorsements? Would that imply a conflict of interest to voters who are staunch party line voters of candidates with like values / ideology?

Confused? Do you really know your candidate of choice? Can we trust anyone to do the right thing anymore? Trust anyone to have the residents best interests in mind over that off their own agendas and best interests.

Looks like more of Mr. Mohr’s wheeling and dealing!

Look on the BRIGHT SIDE Lee: They also got rid of Joe Gallo!!!!!

Indeed!

Current Town of Lancaster voter registration

2021 vs. 2020 voter registration comparison

3-1-2021

Democrat – 12,031 (+271)
    Republicans – 10,584 (+412)
    Blanks – 7,658 (+926)
    Conservative – 1,422 (+295)
    Other – 1,514
    Working Family – 198 (+30)

Total registered voters – 33,403

2-20-2020

Democrat – 11,770
    Republican – 9,872
    Blanks – 6,732
    Independence – 1,795
    Conservative – 1,127
    Working Family – 168

Total Registered voters – 31,839

Lee, to bad those numbers can't tell us how many in each party are real party loyalists and how many are just "plants"
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Lee, be assured the County "bigs" are well aware of the Mohr Machine. Consternation all over the place because of an out of control Ralphy Boy. I said a rumble is starting that may shake the entire "Ship of Fools" of the Mohr camp in Lancaster. Stay tuned
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Lee, to bad those numbers can't tell us how many in each party are real party loyalists and how many are just "plants"
    Too complex to ascertain from looking at the individual party stats and the total number of registered voters.

You are correct in believing "longtime" registered party affiliated voters are jumping ship to either make themselves eligible to primary another party's endorsed candidate, or to support the faux challenger.

What stands out to me is the significant increase in registered 'blanks' (my people) in the last year. Hopefully, the reason for the increase is indicative that they have had enough of antics the two major parties. After seeing the ludicrous endorsed slate of the Republican Party, can the Democratic Party
    slate be any worse?

It will take an informed voter this year to see through the machinations being perpetrated this year to victimize them.

They did??? That is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Current Town of Lancaster voter registration

2021 vs. 2020 voter registration comparison

3-1-2021

Democrat – 12,031 (+271)
    Republicans – 10,584 (+412)
    Blanks – 7,658 (+926)
    Conservative – 1,422 (+295)
    Other – 1,514
    Working Family – 198 (+30)

Total registered voters – 33,403

2-20-2020

Democrat – 11,770
    Republican – 9,872
    Blanks – 6,732
    Independence – 1,795
    Conservative – 1,127
    Working Family – 168

Total Registered voters – 31,839
    Thanks for sharing that information Lee. The Republicans would have an advantage, as I see the numbers are growing in registered voters, unfortunately the failure exists with the lack of collaboration with the Conservative Party. Years ago, we saw that collaboration in the Sportelli, Fudoli days. What happened, why the division again?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information