Thread: Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Governor Cuomo’s top aide privately apologized to Democratic lawmakers for withholding the state’s nursing-home death toll from COVID-19 — telling them “we froze” out of fear the true numbers would “be used against us” by federal prosecutors, The Post has learned.

The stunning admission of a cover-up was made by Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa during a video conference call with state Democratic leaders in which she said the Cuomo administration had rebuffed a legislative request for the tally in August because “right around the same time, [then-President Donald Trump] turns this into a giant political football,” according to an audio recording of the two-hour-plus meeting.
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-...ata-from-feds/

Isn't that something...

Unfortunately politicians hide things all the time. For example what public service union contracts will cost taxpayers over the time. This is why politicians have such a poor reputation, but what Cuomo did cost many people their lives and that is much more egregious than simple omission of truth. Lies, promises, pandering is what wins elections, unless the electorate is enlightened and willing to vote for common sense even if there is detriment or at the very least no benefit to them. So am I surprised? No.

This is a big reason why democracies eventually fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Unfortunately politicians hide things all the time. For example what public service union contracts will cost taxpayers over the time. This is why politicians have such a poor reputation, but what Cuomo did cost many people their lives and that is much more egregious than simple omission of truth. Lies, promises, pandering is what wins elections, unless the electorate is enlightened and willing to vote for common sense even if there is detriment or at the very least no benefit to them. So am I surprised? No.

This is a big reason why democracies eventually fail.
    ANYONE who believes there is such a thing as an HONEST POLITICIAN....raise your hand !! I have an exclusive island on the Niagara River for sale...I'll let it go REALLY CHEAP!

Thread Information