Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: grump, Here's a Very Nice Thing Brian Kulpa Accomplished for Amerist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Member Breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    grump, Here's a Very Nice Thing Brian Kulpa Accomplished for Amerist

    grump, Brian Kulpa even took on the Billionaire Class and WON!

    You have to give him credit for that.



    Buffalo News...

    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site
    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site | Local News | buffalonews.com

    Stephen T. Watson Jan 30, 2021

    The Town of Amherst is bringing activity back to a long-vacant former site of a gas station in Eggertsville.

    A pop-up market will operate each Saturday in February at what is now Gateway Park, at Niagara Falls Boulevard and Kenmore Avenue.

    The "Market at Gateway Park" offers a rotating group of local businesses, vendors and food trucks, including: Cheesy Chick Café, KCafe Asian Fusion food truck, Fat Bob's Smokehouse food truck, Kornerstone Coffee, M&M Spicy Pickles and Hanzlian’s Sausage.

    There's room for additional vendors and interested businesses are invited to call 716-631-7032. The town is waiving vendor fees for the market.

    The outdoor market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and all vendors and customers are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property.

    The park is made up of two parcels, one purchased by the town and one acquired through eminent domain following a bitter standoff with the New York City billionaire who owned the former gas station property.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    grump, Brian Kulpa even took on the Billionaire Class and WON!

    You have to give him credit for that.



    Buffalo News...

    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site
    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site | Local News | buffalonews.com

    Stephen T. Watson Jan 30, 2021

    The Town of Amherst is bringing activity back to a long-vacant former site of a gas station in Eggertsville.

    A pop-up market will operate each Saturday in February at what is now Gateway Park, at Niagara Falls Boulevard and Kenmore Avenue.

    The "Market at Gateway Park" offers a rotating group of local businesses, vendors and food trucks, including: Cheesy Chick Café, KCafe Asian Fusion food truck, Fat Bob's Smokehouse food truck, Kornerstone Coffee, M&M Spicy Pickles and Hanzlian’s Sausage.

    There's room for additional vendors and interested businesses are invited to call 716-631-7032. The town is waiving vendor fees for the market.

    The outdoor market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and all vendors and customers are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property.

    The park is made up of two parcels, one purchased by the town and one acquired through eminent domain following a bitter standoff with the New York City billionaire who owned the former gas station property.
    Desperate for something good to say about KULPA..??

  3. #3
    Member sharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    2,162
    "A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property."
    Provide or sell? Provide implies "free" which is a waste of tax payer money
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

  4. #4
    Member Breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Desperate for something good to say about KULPA..??
    Yup, posting a bit more positive stuff, just something nice!

    Of course I think Brian is doing a good job, just saying.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,498
    He’s an absolute disaster. Record tax hikes year after year, turning town hall into Poloncarz’ outhouse, giving massive assessment breaks to billionaire out of state developers, taking a piece of developable property that was paying taxes to the town into a “park”, the maintenance costs of which, of course, fall on the taxpayers, trading much of the town’s recreational land for a contaminated brownfield,the cleanup cost, for which will then fall on the taxpayers, further bailing out the out if state developer who bought a pig in a poke known as Blvd. Mall by making town taxpayers pay to build roads through the property so the billionaire can try to build one the idiot “walkable” village centers that will fail here as sure as the fact that the walking dead cheated his way through Syracuse University Law School, supporting the extension of the job destroying, business killing, monumental failure that is called a metro rail system...for starters. Just sayin’.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,498
    Poor simple Breezy. You are aware, of course, that this nice new park has almost no available parking and sits right at the corner of an incredibly busy intersection that is the meeting place of 3 different municipalities with loads of truck and bus traffic on an hourly basis. A smart supervisor would’ve worked with the owner to try to develop a commercial use that would’ve fit the site and the area and kept the property on the tax rolls. Not Kulpa, he’s on record as saying that the town can’t have enough parks, a statement that, on its face, is nonsense. And the taxpayers will be left to pay to pick up trash. And while I’m thinking of it in addition to posting a 13% tax hike in town taxes this year, Kulpa had to borrow money to pay operating costs for the town. I can assure you that that’s a sign of management incompetence and a looming financial nightmare.

  7. #7
    Member Breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    He’s an absolute disaster. Record tax hikes year after year, turning town hall into Poloncarz’ outhouse, giving massive assessment breaks to billionaire out of state developers, taking a piece of developable property that was paying taxes to the town into a “park”, the maintenance costs of which, of course, fall on the taxpayers, trading much of the town’s recreational land for a contaminated brownfield,the cleanup cost, for which will then fall on the taxpayers, further bailing out the out if state developer who bought a pig in a poke known as Blvd. Mall by making town taxpayers pay to build roads through the property so the billionaire can try to build one the idiot “walkable” village centers that will fail here as sure as the fact that the walking dead cheated his way through Syracuse University Law School, supporting the extension of the job destroying, business killing, monumental failure that is called a metro rail system...for starters. Just sayin’.
    Gee, grump, maybe you should run.

    I see they don't have a candidate anyway, and they are trying to get some retreads to run, looks like Brian has it. LOL

    It would be fun to hear you make those statements at a town board meeting. That would be quite a show!


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Desperate for something good to say about KULPA..??
    Poor simple Breezy. Yesterday, which was Saturday, I drove by the “Gateway Park”, open Saturdays in February with some type of vendors market and it was an empty, snow covered lot. Perhaps Kulpa can find some vendors that aren’t invisible. Or maybe it’s all just horsesh*t.

  9. #9
    Member Breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Poor simple Breezy. Yesterday, which was Saturday, I drove by the “Gateway Park”, open Saturdays in February with some type of vendors market and it was an empty, snow covered lot. Perhaps Kulpa can find some vendors that aren’t invisible. Or maybe it’s all just horsesh*t.
    I disagree, grump. I have family near there and I'm in the area a lot. I remember when the deli/gas station was there and it was awful. Anyway, just a little progress and the area looks a lot nice. I'm glad they fixed it up.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I disagree, grump. I have family near there and I'm in the area a lot. I remember when the deli/gas station was there and it was awful. Anyway, just a little progress and the area looks a lot nice. I'm glad they fixed it up.
    Poor simple Breezy. I’m by there all the time too. There is no Saturday market. The site is a pigsty with no parking, littered with crap from the scum suckers who board and leave the NFTA buses that stop on the two sides of the empty garbage strewn lot that Kulpa calls a park that face Kenmore Ave and Niagara Falls Blvd. it’s a pigsty, just like Amherst town hall has become under that fat slob of a supervisor. But at least the town was able to scrounge up the money to buy a car for the use of its meat puppet assessor.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,498
    Poor simple Breezy. This morning I drove by “No Dumping” park( that must be its name because that’s the only sign there) a/k/a Kulpa’s Folly. No market, no parking, no visitors…nothing but the garbage blowing around the left by types who ride NFTA busses. A good investment for the taxpayers all the way around by that fat slob.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 25th, 2020, 11:53 AM
  2. Breezy and Grump...
    By WNYresident in forum Erie County Elections Democrats, Republicans, Independence, Conservatives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 6th, 2020, 08:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 6th, 2020, 05:22 PM
  4. Just for Grump
    By leftWNYbecauseofBS in forum Speakup Here
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 24th, 2018, 03:29 PM
  5. Brian, Brain, Brian. Vhat the Vacker?
    By LHardy in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2006, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •