Thread: Ruda for Mayor?

Ruda for Mayor?

Lynne Ruda, Lancaster High School music teacher, grammy award nominee, procurer of many grants for the village, beloved by her students and their parents..Lynne Ruda, all of these things she loves to talk about in the papers and in person..but do any of these accomplishments qualify her for the elected position of Mayor?...

The present mayor is reachable any time, day or night. Will respond to a phone call in a timely manner and at many times has shown up personally to take care of issues and complaints that have arisen from citizens.

Can Lynne Ruda do the same during the hours of 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, or any of the hours the typically contain extracurricular activities?

She won't find it as easy to remove herself from her teaching duties as easily as Bill Cansdale did when he held a full-time job at NYSEG.

And by the way, one of the reasons Cansdale said he had to leave the mayorship, is because he could not handle the time constraints of a full time job as well as his mayoral duties.

And now he is promoting someone for mayor to do the exact same job he could not do himself by his own admission. Has Bill so soon forgotten what his excuse was for handing over the mayorship to the incompetent Paul Maute?

Stay tuned.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Frank, that was a great overview of Ms. Ruda's prideful accomplishments. It is also an insightful informational source which forthrightly and accurately probes her possible deficiencies.

Your comments lend a focused-clarity to both her pluses and minuses, and will nobly serve the interests of a well-informed voter.

My compliments.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 29th, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Has Bill so soon forgotten what his excuse was for handing over the mayorship to the incompetent Paul Maute?
    Indeed!

“I think this village will continue to run the same way,” Maute said. “Mayor Cansdale is not going away. He’s a friend of mine, and he’s assured me that any struggles I have I can go to him with. Are they big shoes to fill? Yes they are, but I can handle it, and we’re going to handle it as a team.”

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Does not current this comment of current Trustee and 2021 Integrity Party candidate for re-election as Trustee Maute, at the time Mayor-To-Be, "we’re going to handle it as a team.” suggest that while Cansdale found it necessary to resign as mayor for reasons of time constraints necessitated by the demands of private sector employment, the former may have found it acceptable to depart from his duties as the full time Public Works Superintendent to function in some capacity as Mayor?

Moreover, why was something which some might term as a "co-mayoralty" necessary if Maute himself was qualified for the job?

If Maute was not qualified, why was he appointed in the first place?

Is it not reasonable to ask did Maute get the position because, "He's (Cansdale) a friend of mine," or perhaps Maute was in some way a loyal Cansdale operative?
    Reference: post #12, https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ity-quot-Party
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Citizens! Its time to get back to the Lynn Ruda campaign for the Mayor's seat in the Village of Lancaster. First and foremost, what does Ms. Ruda know about the dealings of the Lancaster CDC and how much input is she involved within it? Ms Ruda and Bill Cansdale are the prime movers of the West Main St boondoogle, a mystery of back door deals that simply could not be done in the light of day without you, the citizens, rising up to stop them. Along with the rest of the Cabal and Gisa Mafia members, many unethical acts were done to bolster the resume and financial status of the developer they hand picked without proper vetting of other well qualified and local contractors. The present person, who we will dig into in another post, has manipulated his way onto the very board of The CDC with the helping hand of Lynn Ruda and Cabal headmaster Bill Cansdale. This grand scheme has come to a grinding halt because of their short sightedness and the inept manner in which they oversaw the project. These two have squandered valuable village commercial land that should be in the ownership of private business. Tax dollars that should be helping to keep residential rates low. But because Bill Cansdale signed away all future tax revenues from our own West Main business district until 2029 to satisfy the Police retirement fund, any real incentive to succeed is gone! The same Bill Cansdale is the person who got elected running against his opponent by claiming to be against the Village and Town Police department becoming one department. Quick note; Since the Cansdale Cabal has married into the Giza Mafia, you citizens of the Village have lost your Police dept, your Water dept, your Sanitation dept,is your DPW next? Why are Town elected officials meeting behind closed doors with the member of the "Integrity Party"? Everytime you pass the empty water tower at the end of the fabulous West Main Street Boondoogle you should be reminded it is the Cansdale Cabal that brought you to this place.
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Quick note; Since the Cansdale Cabal has married into the Giza Mafia, you citizens of the Village have lost your Police dept, your Water dept, your Sanitation dept,is your DPW next? Why are Town elected officials meeting behind closed doors with the member of the "Integrity Party"? Everytime you pass the empty water tower at the end of the fabulous West Main Street Boondoogle you should be reminded it is the Cansdale Cabal that brought you to this place.
    Frank that is truly a thought-provoking comment based on historic facts. Taking each of your points in turn:

(1) Without reference to the superb Lancaster Town Police Department currently in place, I, like you, recall the 1970s and 1980s and the frequently denied rumors of a possible merger of the Village of Lancaster Police Department with the Lancaster Town Police Department. But, as the saying goes "Where there's smoke, there's fire," and those rumors slowly morphed into a checked reality: A 1990 police merger proposal soundly defeated by a popular referendum.

But, to apply another cliche, "Where there's a will, there's a way, " because the public sentiment expressed in 1990 was apparently ignored by the Cansdale administration, which in 2003 imposed upon the village residents, a finalized merger product.

(2) I remember the old village Water Department. I remember too the circa 1985 requirement for residents to install outside water meters, whose installation tended to disrupt some homes with finished basements. That disruption proved to be for time-limited purposes, because the Water Department was soon disbanded and service was turned over to the Erie County Water Authority. Under the ECWA, Lancaster residents engaged a "back to the future" experience, in that the ECWA relies on the original inside-water meter(s).

Ah, elitist governance by whim once again burdened the unwashed masses, eh?

(3) Again I, like you, remember the old village Department of Sanitation and its twice a week pick-ups of the 1950s and 1960s; truly a public service. Not only do twice a week pick-ups not exist, but the Village Department of Sanitation is a distant memory; a town-controlled era of restrictions, guidelines and fines.

(4) Your comment which seems to question the future existence of the Village Department of Public Works, does appear to have validity, and now, especially in light of comments made the Integrity Party's candidates for Mayor and Trustee, beckons a public conversation.

To wit:

Lynn Ruda has made it clear that the Integrity Party candidates are running as a "slate;" a team with a common purpose, under a common label, and all bearing a common party banner.

From the January 14, 2021 Lancaster Sun:

In fact, Trustee Maute seemingly supports Ruda's comments when he told the Lancaster Sun that one of the goals of his next four years was to "support Ruda and his other running mates" because they are a "great team." In my opinion, such words suggest a power team with a group-think and identical thoughts. I envision scripted choreographed public performances, common, controlled messaging, and an absence of independent actors with their own unique personalities, convictions, values and purpose(s).

From the January 14, 2021 Lancaster Sun:

Do not such comments raise the specter of a governing body controlled by a single-minded political boss?

(I note parenthetically that absent Ruda, the Maute as an Integrity Party candidate has only one other running mate, Cynthia Maciejewski. That would be a singular "running mate," not a plural "running mates." A little slip of the tongue perhaps inclusive of power holders not actually on the ballot for VOL Board, eh?")

Moreover, Trustee Maute specifically said that he wanted to "guide" Ruda,

In my opinion, that is a curious statement coming from one who, when he himself assumed the Mayor's seat, said that he would in essence rely on his "friend" Bill Cansdale, and asserted that "Mayor Cansdale is not going away;" essentially a proclamation of a co-mayoralty reflecting a Maute-Cansdale reign in which they were "going to handle it as a team.”

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...village-mayor/

Given Maute's previously stated friendship for, and reliance on Cansdale during his mayoral tenure, and in light of his desire to "guide" Ruda, is it not reasonable to muse that the Village of Lancaster may be faced with a governing "troika;" an elitist combination of a non-elected presumed political boss and two obliging elected puppets?

Food for thought indeed.

To your specific concern Frank, I find these comments of Maute even more troubling,:

"I just believe there's a bigger and better picture out there for the Lancaster community."
    From the Lancaster Sun, January 14, 2021:

Specifics and full clarification please!

I note that Maute did not reference the word "future," but applied the word "picture." Exactly what is that "picture," an image; a role; an identity?

I further note that Maute does not reference the term "village," but rather speaks to the broader more vague term "community." Is not the village a part of the greater Lancaster town community?

A "reimagined" Village DPW perhaps?

Does Maute, a former mayor, suggest that the Village DPW will be "reimagined" into the form of a consolidation with the Town Highway Department, or even more alarming, perhaps his words suggest a more broader Lancaster "Great Reset?"

No conspiracy theories, just questions about some curious verbiage and concerns about Lancaster's post-Covid "New Normal," replete with the perplexing prioritized environmental concerns.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 1st, 2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Lynn Ruda has made it clear that the Integrity Party candidates are running as a "slate;" a team with a common purpose, under a common label, and all bearing a common party banner.
    I further note that candidate Ruda seems to have extended the orbit of her slate to include "people like our slate."

From the Lancaster Sun, January 14, 2021:

Who exactly are those like-minded actors?

Do those like-minded actors include the previously suggested unelected member of a possible ruling troika referred to above, and/or others who were so instrumental in the creation of the Integrity party?

Specifics and Clarification, please!

Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 1st, 2021 at 03:29 PM.

Your affinity for local facts supported by clear, understandable, and coherent language is what Public Service and pride of our Town and Village is all about. Kudos Mark. All of what you referred to is true and all the players involved are a turning Merry-go-round of the same old faces riding new ponies of selected obeying candidates. When they snub and ridicule new ideas and candidates not sworn into the Cabal and Mafia it is because their house is built on a foundation of secrets and mischief. Anyone new on the scene is a threat to pulling the blanket of cover off their plans for this Village , with an all to anxious Town Supervisor waiting in the shadows. How much easier for the Giza Mafia to be able to hire one of their cronies (see Wozniak family) as the Town Highway Superintendent rather than risk an election every cycle. The Village has done it for years, why not have the same situation in the Town? Its much easier to control a block of voting employees if they all come from the same party when hired. Eventually you have what the Bill Cansdale Cabal have cultivated at the VOL DPW. Readers does that seem like pie in the sky to you? Or does it seem like its a viable plan by Cabalists and Giza Mafioso? Its not like they haven't done this type of thing before, you know, For Your Own Good. All with the blessings of Pope Mohr
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Thread readers from the wonderful Village of Lancaster I will be watching the coming election with great interest and giving you as many insights into the First contested election in many many years. I will be promoting your involvement in the outcome for which many of you young voter never had an opportunity to have a say in. Lynn Ruda is running against sitting Mayor Bill Schroeder. There is only one real election issue this cycle. It is the Round abouts! Village residents are either for them or against them! It's that simple for you. Within the offices and departments of the VOL many employees have another concern, Bill Cansdale's over powerful position which has allowed fear and distrust to invade their work space. Mayor Bill stood against fast tracking those Traffic Circles. Lynn Ruda promoted them from the start, along with Greg Smith, Bill Cansdale and the rest of the Cabal. IF Mayor Schroeder wins and new comer Sojka wins, I believe Bill Cansdales days are numbered. If Ruda wins, it will be the SAME OLD FACES and the SAME WAY OF DOING BUSINESS. It's that simple. The voters decide about the traffic circles and the Blue collars workers decide about who their boss will be, Mayor Bill Schroeder or Bill Cansdale? Because it certainly will not be Lynn Ruda if she gets elected,
    Frank Lee Speaking....

Thread Information