Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cansdale Cabal and the "Integrity" Party

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Mark brought it up today not me. As far as my old signature, the quote was from the previous Conservative chair.
    I've removed it
    Excuse me, my comments involved your all of your previous such references to the subject throughout the campaign weeks and months,and were offered strictly in the interests of illustrating your obsessive hypocrisy.

The difference between my observations and yours is that my comments served to illustrate the ethical merit of the subject's 2013 appointment;...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Gorja, you were concerned about these circumstances, which involved a uniquely qualified private business actor, were you not?

In her capacity of Special Events Coordinator, did Gaczewski have a policy making, legislative role in village government, or was she just performing a contracted service?

Indeed both of your comments are apples to oranges...

You on the other hand, obsessed on a long-since resolved issue; a matter scrutinized by the VOL attorney and Board. Based on the ethical standards existent in 2013, that very same contract agent VOL was approved by the VOL Board.

...yours appear to double-down on your obsessive tendencies...

Apples to oranges. Totally different circumstances. Schroeder voted 'aye' to the village contracting with his business partner
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 21st, 2021 at 06:07 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

You never reversed an appraisal of a political personage Gorja?

It looks like a very fiscally responsible budget. Regarding the funded unfilled position, what department was that in? Too bad they didn't eliminate the one police officer position when they had the chance.

Great job, Supervisor Fudoli.
    Bravo to Supervisor Fudoli for restoring the Ethics board
    All the thanks should be given to Fudoli in executing his promises of an open and transparent government. Though Donna Stempniak stated that the previous supervisor had the power to appoint members to the committee, she was sitting on that board for 16 years and could very well have brought the subject of appointees to the forefront but no one from the previous regime did.

Having a prominent and respected member from the clergy push for the committee was the best possible motivational tool for the rest of the board. Thank you, Reverend.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Golly, Gorja.....Mark sure has your number as well as he has Breezbegone's.......You should go back and review your posts once in awhile, or keep your beliefs more foundational. You move all over the place

By the way Gorja, what was your position on Cindy three jobs?
    Frank Lee Speaking....

You never reversed an appraisal of a political personage Gorja?

Oh yes. Mark, I have plenty of times.
    There have been people in positions who I had thought were great but then down the road turned out not to be so good.

There were others who I read wrongly and turned out to be someone I would recommend others to vote for.

Mark you've done the same.

We're human.

Since we're not allowed to bring up people who are no longer in public office, I can't comment on former supervisors by name.

We had a town supervisor who was very fiscally conservative and kept taxes down. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the person's personal
    financial decisions in not paying property taxes was a good example as a town leader. It was a shame that that public official felt okay in doing that.
    Of course, that was just my opinion not the opinion of those who only vote their preferred party line.

Mark, maybe when I come back on here in September closer to the election, you and I may have the same views on certain candidates.

Georgia L Schlager

We had a town supervisor who was very fiscally conservative and kept taxes down. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the person's personal
    financial decisions in not paying property taxes was a good example as a town leader. It was a shame that that public official felt okay in doing that.
    Of course, that was just my opinion not the opinion of those who only vote their preferred party line.
    Hmm.

I wonder why the words and phrases "stipend," "gasoline fill-ups," "property assessments," and "Basically, I have three votes" come into my mind?"

Readers, I would like to take a minute to offer my sympathy to Mr Paul Bumbalo on the loss of his father last week. And I have been notified to also ask for prayers for Mr Dan Amatura who is in the hospital presently.

Frank Lee Speaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee Blunt View Post
    Readers, I would like to take a minute to offer my sympathy to Mr Paul Bumbalo on the loss of his father last week. And I have been notified to also ask for prayers for Mr Dan Amatura who is in the hospital presently.

Very sad and my sympathies as well.

I remember Paul's dad and he was a very nice man.

Click On Attachment:

I wonder if the actor to whom you attribute that quote has since 2017, come to realize, as did I, what "Dawn and Matt were thinking" was a decision to vote for a responsible contingency approach to governance; a standby measure which was never used?

IMHO, another perhaps questionable Speak Up signature, which may be intended to hurt a now private citizen.

How well did Ruffino fare in his presentation of his 2021 Preliminary Budget?

Thank God for Lee Chowaniec and Councilman Leary, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 21st, 2021 at 09:55 PM.

Mark, do you think by swearing in day Cindy will decide to do the right thing and give up her Deputy Supervisor's position in the TOL or do you suppose she will work a deal with Lynne to also become the Deputy Mayor of the VOL?

What do you think she should do Gorja, since you're all about what "good leaders " should do

Frank Lee Speaking....

She may have been a registered Conservative. Did she vote that way?
    Deb Lemaster, "Even better, Dawn and Matt start voting and acting like the Conservatives they claim to be."

That vote was on the possibility that an override to the tax levy limit would be required. It was not necessitated. It was the right thing to do (IMHO) and should not have been based on political party identity. When Lemaster wrote that she was not conservative party chair and a right to express her opinion.

No harm, no foul. Unlike Supervisor Ruffino’s 2021 chaotic 2021 budget where he was proposing a tax levy increase that exceeded the tax cap limit and where more money had to be drawn from reserves to come in under the tax cap limit. He and his Budget Director had to be told of the misstep by a resident.

You acknowledged in another post (since deleted) that Lemaster was not the Conservative Part Chair at the time a Gaczewski derogatory mailer went out by the Conservative Party Chair. Now you post another closing abstract that still involves Gaczewski and Lemaster in a less than favorable way.

What’s your agenda here? Gaczewski is out of politics. Bringing Lemaster into the picture again? And now former councilmember Matt Walter?

This eerily sounds like Breezy’s ‘guilt by association’ / ‘cancel culture’ agenda BS!

Why did you become a recent conservative convert? Sounds like you still favor the Democratic Party players you left.

I know you to be a better person than to get mixed up in this **** – especially in a thread on Village of Lancaster politics where you have no standing.

Mark, do you think by swearing in day Cindy will decide to do the right thing and give up her Deputy Supervisor's position in the TOL or do you suppose she will work a deal with Lynne to also become the Deputy Mayor of the VOL?
    Blunt, is not Kristen McCracken the Deputy Supervisor, who with that position holds a substantially ceremonial position whereby she exercises a vote and presides only when the Supervisor is absent?

In that regard, by kindly applying informal terminology, you appear to generously understate the potential power that Maciejewski has in the Town of Lancaster.

In her current appointed capacity, I understand Maciejewski's function to be something akin to a Chief of Staff who serves exclusively at the pleasure of Supervisor Ruffino. Maciejewski can be terminated at any time, and can be given as much authority to run the Supervisor's office as Ruffino deems necessary.

Maciejewski's position, as I see things, on the national scene, is something akin to the White House Chief of Staff; the second most powerful person in the nation. Chiefs of Staff historically are the doorkeepers to the Oval Office and can grant and also block access to the President pretty much at whim. The Chief of Staff also controls the information flow to the President. H.R. Haldeman was one of the most famous known Chiefs of Staff.

Ergo, as things stand right now, Maciejewski, as Ruffino's top aide, is going to have a vote on the VOL Board.

Again, on the national stage, such a circumstance would be analogous to Biden's Chief of Staff, Ron Klain, simultaneously serving as a powerful New York State Senator in Albany.

But, in the hypothetical VOL Deputy Mayor scenario which you raise, it would be the rough, if not the exact, equivalent of Biden's Chief of Staff serving as Lieutenant Governor of New York.

Such optics would be very troubling to me.

What do you think she should do Gorja, since you're all about what "good leaders " should do

Wait for it Blunt.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2021 at 04:10 AM.

IMHO, this indeed is an interesting question which, when answered, may very well be a strong indicator of Ruda's independence from the Cabal.

Condolences to Mr. Bumbalo. Also, why is Danny in the hospital?

[SIZE=4]Mark, you catch on fast! My intend is to show Cindy actually could wield much more power than McCracken from her appointed post. And she should be terminated immediately from that TOL position upon swearing in for her new position. Anything short of that smells highly. McCracken handles at most 10% of the Supervisor duty, Cindy on the other hand is an extension of Ruffinose's desire to rule with an iron fist. The VOL doesn't need the TOL sewage system like politics SIZE]
    Frank Lee Speaking....

[SIZE=4]Mark, you catch on fast! My intend is to show Cindy actually could wield much more power than McCracken from her appointed post. And she should be terminated immediately from that TOL position upon swearing in for her new position. Anything short of that smells highly. McCracken handles at most 10% of the Supervisor duty, Cindy on the other hand is an extension of Ruffinose's desire to rule with an iron fist. The VOL doesn't need the TOL sewage system like politics SIZE]
    I think we just may have been "Spot On!"

January 17, 2021...

More concerning, from what I understand, Supervisor Ruffino may have been instrumental in its conception. The VOL Trustee candidacy of his office secretary only lends support to such suspicion(s).

If the foregoing is true, as a life-long resident of Lancaster, the direct intrusion of a non-village resident town Supervisor into the political affairs of the village, raises in my mind potential issues of propriety which may negatively impact the autonomy of the village..
    Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ks-Second-Term

January 27, 2021...

Intriguing to say the least.

From your vantage point, how valid are my concerns that town political players, including actors of the non-village resident variety, are attempting to extend hegemonic control over both the Villages of Lancaster and Depew?
    January 28, 2021...

I have been deeply troubled about the motives and the possible unspoken agendas of the actors involved in the creation of the so-called "Integrity Party..."

...If the widely-circulated public narrative is correct, and to date, I have not read of any refutation of the same, its creation was perhaps the most audacious attempt ever by town politicos to seize control of, or at the very least, to hold excessive influence over, the village government.
    At this point in time, I am not calling for Trustee Maciejewski to resign from her appointed position in the Supervior's office, but I would remiss if I did not observe that she still can return to her former position in the Lancaster Building Department; a position which lacks the very strong overt suggestions of a conflict of interest.

(I do recall that she has a protected option to return to the Building Department until 2022.)

I am willing to permit Trustee Maciejewski the time to exercise her personal conscience, and then substantively act in the only way which can assuage such public concerns.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 22nd, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread Information