America is directionless under this new leadership
Buffalo News Everybody’s Column
Dick Young - Lancaster

For some reason I am still around at age 90 and for the first time in my life I am worried about the future of our country. I am one of millions of ex-servicemen who swore under oath that I would never betray my country and die for it if need be. I willingly gave up years of my life and a chance to finish college to serve in the U.S. Navy for the country I loved. That was 73 years ago.

Sadly, the America I knew is deteriorating badly thanks to the power-hungry. How can a newly elected president, with a stroke of a pen, issue executive orders and suddenly change the direction of our country and cause thousands of people to lose their jobs? When we all pay more for gas and to heat our homes it will cause severe pain to all of us. Since when is one person able to overturn the work of an elected Congress?

With no debate, women’s athletic competition is broadsided by allowing transgender men to compete against women. Why is that fair? The “impeachment” of Donald Trump was a foolish waste of time and money. A fair investigation will prove it. Meanwhile, other businesses of Congress is shoved aside. I am one of 74 million people that feel the election was fraudulent. The idea of mail-in voting is OK if there is an ironclad way to verify the count. No matter what party you belong to, this problem is massive and must be corrected.

If I were a young man today, I would not trust my government. Sen. Chuck Schumer boosted, “if we win in Georgia, we will be changing America.” Change it to what? Thomas Jefferson, one of the brilliant persons responsible for our freedom and prosperity, said: “if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed.”

Comment

From one old Lancaster geezer to another, well stated Mr. Young -IMHO!

There is no reason to trust our government – regardless which political party is in control. The Democrats are out to destroy Trump’s legacy and the Republican Party in its entirety. The Republican Party has become fractured by a combative, divisive president and self-serving RINO’s.

Throw in a biased media, the real BS liars and we get a country so divided healing is not possible.

It is not our country anymore, Mr. Young. We are not of the ‘woke’ generation – fortunately!

Lastly, the one thing politicos hate most of all Mr. Young is an informed electorate.