Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lancaster's "Band Shell", "I never intended it to be for rock concerts"

Just an observation.

This was the first year when I did not hear the rock and roll bands playing at the Independence days events.

Tonight was the first time ever I heard the town band playing in the new band shell, in my neighborhood. That's not a complaint, the music wasn't loud. But the output from the new band shell is louder than it used to be. I wonder if it's amplified?

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    do the senior events at the band shell and other events have to provide securty or just your children. and if they do are they required to provide the same amount. last time I checked adults drink and use drugs also
    Good question. As I haven't gone to any events there, I don't know.

At Monday night's Town Board work session Supervisor Giza announced that the Village of Lancaster was sponsoring a "Rock the Village Night". Instead of having this event at the Lancaster Band Shell it will be held Wednesday evening (August 18th) on West Main Street in the village.

Supervisor Giza said he was going to attend to see how it works out; to prove to him that the event can work out okay and that something like that can be held at the band shell. The name of the band is MixTape. Their lastest CD is called "Car wrecks and hospitals".

The event will not be on West Main Street. It will be in the Village Mall parking lot, on the stage where the bands perform during the Independence Days celebration. It was moved so as not to interfere with businesses on West Main. Believe it or not, that gym on West Main does big business in the early evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by gshowell View Post
    The event will not be on West Main Street. It will be in the Village Mall parking lot, on the stage where the bands perform during the Independence Days celebration. It was moved so as not to interfere with businesses on West Main. Believe it or not, that gym on West Main does big business in the early evenings.
    Thanks for making the correction. I am not that familiar with where these events take place in the village.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Thanks for making the correction. I am not that familiar with where these events take place in the village.
    No, no, no, you got it right by the first announcement. They just changed the location recently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information