Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Clark in the News

Paul Clark in the News

I have been somewhat maligned in here for many of my threads and posts with regards to West Seneca Supervisor Paul Clark, and also his endorsement from the Godfather of the Independence Party, Tony Orsini.

The one source that I can openly cite for substantiating many of my rants is readily available to all: The Buffalo News

1. The Buffalo News reported about the assessment scandal in West Seneca. That exposed a big time developer, Benderson, a large contributor to Paul Clarks campaign fund, of receiving favorable tax assessments. Anyone really believe it stopped there ? Fact is, many of his big contributors were getting skittish when this story was about to break.

2. The Buffalo News in Feb. quoted Paul Clark saying how he wished he could take back his support of County Exec. Giambra in 2003. Ironically it was in the news, big picture and article in 1999 that showed Paul Clark grandstanding front and center in front of West Seneca town hall orchestrating the "Erie County Supervisors for Joel Giambra" in Giambras first Count Exec. run. Did he really think we'd all forget that ?

3. Also big picture and article Buffalo News story early in his supervisor career was the obviously now over stated and ill contrived coming soon "Shops of West Seneca" at the old Seneca mall site. It was to be a treasure to behold. He proudly displayed the article outside his office in town hall for yrs. Have you seen the Seneca mall site. It's an eyesore and an embarassment to West Seneca. So many who enter West Seneca through the Ridge Rd. corridor ask and say what a shame. It makes a sad and accurate statement about West Senecas developement and progress in his tenure. The article does not hang in town hall anymore.

4. Two weeks ago Buffalo News political reporter Robert McCarthy writes a searing article About Tony Orsini's financial abuses in the Independence Party. Mr. McCarthy usually shows some mercy in his aticles. He laid it all out there in the article. I believe you can find it still in the Buffalo News website. It can also be found in this forum in a search.

5. The same week the Orsini lambasting in the Buffalo News came out, Paul Clark proudly announces his association and endorsement from Orsini. Orsini is quoted at the endorsement party that only two of the County Exec. candidates sought his backing. Read the article, you'll know why. Keane and others wouldn't touch Orsini with a ten foot pole.

6. Lastly, I contended in here before the Independence endorsment came out, that Orsini seemed like the type of guy that would appeal to Paul Clark. I was correct. My other posts in here can verify it. I also added that Paul Clark bought the Orsini backing. Many railed in here I was off base. Today 3/29/07 in the Buffalo News, please read Rod Watsons article. He stated a key qualification for Paul Clark receiving the endorsement was his $450,000 campaign fund. What do you think he meant ? I know what Mr. Watson meant. He is right.

Thank You Buffalo News.

Clark supporters say Paul Clark is the most qualified to lead Erie County.

I pose this thought, Most qualified at what ?
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

Want to learn more about Paul Clark ?

Please read my thread and all my posts in the section below titled Erie County Executive Race under "F.B.I. in West Seneca".

I've said it before :

I think the devil worships Paul Clark

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And why would someone want an endorsement from someone that is percieved to be a shady character? Or the other way around? Why would someone endorse Paul Clark if there is an investigation going on?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    And why would someone want an endorsement from someone that is percieved to be a shady character? Or the other way around? Why would someone endorse Paul Clark if there is an investigation going on?
    Both are either too arrogant or too stupid to get it.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

The Buffalo News Strikes Again..........

City & Region sect. Sun. April 1, 2007 - Front page

More Bad Press about Orsini and Clark

James Keane states "it's speaks for itself."

I told you, people wouldn't touch these guys with a ten foot pole.

Paul Clark was unavailable for comment about the allegations.

When the West Seneca assessment scandal was exposed in the Buffalo News he had nothing to say either.

Paul Clark has a lot he's trying to hide.

If anyone still thinks he's not, please read my posts and threads in here and search the Buffalo News Website for old articles.

You'll think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Because every election campaign has to have a good scandal going on. I bet there's a lot of skeletons hanging in Marinelli's closet we don't know about yet. James Keane? His rap sheet is probably as long as Jimmy Griffin's.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelWorld1
    Because every election campaign has to have a good scandal going on. I bet there's a lot of skeletons hanging in Marinelli's closet we don't know about yet. James Keane? His rap sheet is probably as long as Jimmy Griffin's.
    It seems to me Paul Clark was always a longshot, but that endorsement from Orsini was the kiss of death, IMO. The guy is shady, and taints Clark by association.

Orsini can deliver enough votes in a very close race to make a difference. But without major party backing, I can't imagine him being worth the risk of endorsement.

Just my opinion, of course.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelWorld1
    Time to start making a long list of all of thier issues.

They're rolling in some slop now .........

If there is anything to hang on anyone that the Clarks feel threatened by they'll squeal like pigs now.

They were warned

Eat from Orsini's trough

You'll end up looking dirty

In case you didn't notice.........

The Buffalo News story today (4/1/07) Orsini and Clark mentioned some associate of Orsini's wore a wire in an F.B.I. investigation.

He is rumored to own a construction co. that has done work in West Seneca for Paul Clark and Americorp Executive director and Vice-President of West Seneca schools Mark Lazzara.

Didn't I read that somewhere else in here a while back ?

Smile Does the scale tip in Keanes favor........

.....Jimmy Griffin announced on the radio that he is not in contention anymore for the Democratic County Exec. endorsement.

This is not good for Paul Clark. He had to be hoping Griffin stayed in it through the primary to weaken Keane's South Buffalo base.

Maybe Jimmy likes the Clarks even less than his disdain for Keane.

This does consolidate a formidable political faction in the South Buffalo/West Seneca area.

Many may dismiss this as irrelevant, but it was out of this core group that propelled Patrick Gallivan to the forefront and eventual victory in his first Sheriff race.

It also was a stronghold for Brian Higgins in his Congressional primary when he trounced Paul Clark in Clarks own backyard.

I found it amusing that "The Mayor" announced his withdrawal on The Wayne Mack show on WKBW. I believe, Wayne Mack was once the token opposition against Paul Clark in a supervisors race back quite a few yrs. ago. I bet Wayne had a smile when he was able to break the story.

Anything t get on the ballot

Face it, Paul Clark bought the Indy endorsement to insure his name is on the ballot. He is so full of himself that he actually thinks he could win on that line alone.

He's got something up his sleeve, come June, concerning the Seneca Mall site. We just can't figure out what. My guess is that Savarino might will be heavily involved though.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Acts of desperation.........

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    He's got something up his sleeve, come June, concerning the Seneca Mall site. We just can't figure out what. My guess is that Savarino might will be heavily involved though.

If it is truly something good, other than the hotel that Paladino has had on the books, why wait ?

Waiting would make it so obvious that it is grandstanding.

If it were to be that is just a proposed plan that involved Savarino, who'd believe it would ever become a reality. The shops of West Seneca announced in the mid 1990's never became a reality. People would have to be skeptical. The Savarino ice rink fell through. The golf course Savarino is building on Southwestern was announced in the late 1990's and still isn't completely ready. Almost a decade and still waiting, though I guess nine of the eighteen holes are scheduled to open soon.

Clarence and Cheektowaga had their gollf courses conceived and opened within three to four yrs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MR E S 1
    .....Jimmy Griffin announced on the radio that he is not in contention anymore for the Democratic County Exec. endorsement.

This is not good for Paul Clark. He had to be hoping Griffin stayed in it through the primary to weaken Keane's South Buffalo base.

Maybe Jimmy likes the Clarks even less than his disdain for Keane.

This does consolidate a formidable political faction in the South Buffalo/West Seneca area.

Many may dismiss this as irrelevant, but it was out of this core group that propelled Patrick Gallivan to the forefront and eventual victory in his first Sheriff race.

It also was a stronghold for Brian Higgins in his Congressional primary when he trounced Paul Clark in Clarks own backyard.

I found it amusing that "The Mayor" announced his withdrawal on The Wayne Mack show on WKBW. I believe, Wayne Mack was once the token opposition against Paul Clark in a supervisors race back quite a few yrs. ago. I bet Wayne had a smile when he was able to break the story.
    Do you think Jimmy Griffin would have gotten any votes down in SB after quitting the way he did? They gave up on him a long time ago. It's common knowledge he dropped out because he couldn't get the support he once had when he ran for common council. From the things I've heard though, most of Higgins supporters will back Keane which means he will probably sweep SB like a broom.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    That site is a disgrace and has been for many years. We might see a fully redeveloped waterfront first

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information