Thread: parents day?????????????

parents day?????????????

I just Got done talking to an old friend that I used to hang out with in school
    I knew them that she was gay and willing to protest anything. She has not changed
    My question is am I out of touch or is she. she and her partner adopted a baby (which I have no problem with). Its her lasted protest that I dont understand. she want Mothers Day and Fathers day combined into Parents days because her partner feels left out. to me they could both celebrate mothers day. just as two men could celebrate Fathers day.
    I admit since I stopped having her around I haven't thought much about gay rights. it just does not come up with my other gay friends. when she stated there is a national movement for this I was stunned.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Am i Just lost in my own world

Is this for real, is it a real concern with gays. I have never heard of this before I dont want to sound to much like an old fool white guy Its just she asked me to help her with this. I could only think it was a good thing I hardly ever see her anymore. because I turned her down. Hell I dont even remember what name she is going by now.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    I just Got done talking to an old friend that I used to hang out with in school
    I knew them that she was gay and willing to protest anything. She has not changed
    My question is am I out of touch or is she. she and her partner adopted a baby (which I have no problem with). Its her lasted protest that I dont understand. she want Mothers Day and Fathers day combined into Parents days because her partner feels left out. to me they could both celebrate mothers day. just as two men could celebrate Fathers day.
    I admit since I stopped having her around I haven't thought much about gay rights. it just does not come up with my other gay friends. when she stated there is a national movement for this I was stunned.
    In my house we celebrate Mothers Day. Today is just another day. The only difficulty was with dealing with clueless schools that our kids don't do fathers day and there are two Mom's for Mothers Day related school projects. Not a big deal anymore because we have them trained lol. I almost forgot today was Fathers Day.
    Meow, baby

She acted like everyone knew they wanted to combine the two days. I never heard of it and neither has any of my gay friends. so I thought I would ask. just seemed like she was coming up with a new protest. I know she used to go all over the country going from protest to protest about anything jsut so she could protest. she loves the confrontation

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    She acted like everyone knew they wanted to combine the two days. I never heard of it and neither has any of my gay friends. so I thought I would ask. just seemed like she was coming up with a new protest. I know she used to go all over the country going from protest to protest about anything jsut so she could protest. she loves the confrontation
    Well, I'm very much an LGBT activist and I've never heard of such a thing. Personally, I don't see any need to change anything. We worked around it, as did the schools. Not a big deal from my perspective.
    Meow, baby

Quote Originally Posted by fiona View Post
    Well, I'm very much an LGBT activist and I've never heard of such a thing. Personally, I don't see any need to change anything. We worked around it, as did the schools. Not a big deal from my perspective.
    Thank you. Now I feel better refusing her.

Not to mention there are alot of single parents out there who assume both roles of Mother and Father but no one is complaining about that. Just leave it alone and adopt or incorporate the hallmark holidays into your own traditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    Not to mention there are alot of single parents out there who assume both roles of Mother and Father but no one is complaining about that. Just leave it alone and adopt or incorporate the hallmark holidays into your own traditions...
    I always felt bad for the kids in school who were missing a parent in their life when the rest of the class was making a project in school. Some kid didn't have a dad or grandfather to give the thing to.
    If you don't like gay marriage blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

Not to sound selfish but I want Mother's day to be my day. I don't know I am brat like that.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Not to sound selfish but I want Mother's day to be my day. I don't know I am brat like that.
    But if you were married to another woman you'd both have Mother's Day. What would be so bad about that? It's a beautiful thing to share between you.
    Meow, baby

I don't see a problem with keeping two separate days. Two women could both be recognized on Mother's Day without causing any upheaval.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

But if you were married to another woman you'd both have Mother's Day. What would be so bad about that? It's a beautiful thing to share between you.
    My husband and I have birthdays a few days apart, mother's day is all I get. haha

But I do see how it could be special.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    My husband and I have birthdays a few days apart, mother's day is all I get. haha

But I do see how it could be special.
    See, your husband is the problem lol. If you had a wife then her birthday would be different and you could have your birthday to yourself.
    Meow, baby

See, your husband is the problem lol. If you had a wife then her birthday would be different and you could have your birthday to yourself.
    that is very true..

Thread Information