Thread: Our arrogant, condescending Governor Cuomo

Our arrogant, condescending Governor Cuomo

Never voted for Andrew Cuomo, nor his father Mario. Today we see the real Andrew Cuomo. His press reports could not have been more revealing – “I am King, hear me roar!”

Cuomo was at his usual best today being incredibly condescending and rude for someone who wrote a book about how well he managed the pandemic before it was over, Condescending and rude to the reporters who dared question him today for clarification, and especially so in his comments and allegations of Western New York’s management to take the virus serious and appropriate steps to control the virus.

Cuomo: “They didn’t have their neighbors die. They didn’t go to the funerals of their niece or nephew," Cuomo said of Western New York residents.

We certainly did lose neighbors, family and life-long friends and couldn’t attend their funerals as well. Nor attend weddings, school celebrations, parties, attend church…

Cuomo: “Western New Yorkers didn’t fully appreciate the dangers of Covid-19, as seen in New York City when the pandemic first hit. Western New York never faced that same reality, never lived the full pain of a Covid spread.” The problem, Cuomo said for many in the region, was: “It wasn't real to me.”

Many Western New Yorkers started wearing masks in mid-March, practicing social distancing, washing hands, using sanitizing guidelines, etc. Shutdowns followed shortly with only essential commerce and services in operation. School Districts took heroic measures attempting to find means to educate our children safely. People lost jobs that will never be regained. Businesses closed, never open, and never will. And this douchebag dares to say that Covid hasn’t been real enough for us until now!

This is the same man who told reporters today, "Well, I don’t really care what you think. Of course, you agree with him because you’re in the same business with him”

For someone who presided over so many deaths, especially so many avoidable deaths in nursing homes, he now blames nursing home staff and resident visitors for bringing in the virus, The man holds himself blameless for any Covid related tragedy and looks with disdain at anyone who dares question his godliness. Then again, what can one think of an individual who disrespects what another person thinks!

Lee, his old man was about as arrogant and nasty a son of a bitch as you could ever hope to find. But back when he was governor I talked a number of prominent local Democratic Totalitarians about him at the time and most of them just shrugged and said, “ If you think he’s bad wait til you get a load of the kid!” It was the kid who, when his daddy was running against Ed Koch in the primary for mayor on NYC, plastered Queens with signs that read “vote for Cuomo, not the homo.” There’s an obvious pattern to this now. In March, he lied about a shutdown until the day he announced it. As even the New York Times has reported, by the time the shut down came the cases had peaked and the curve was already flattened. But the shutdown came just in time to disrupt the celebration of major religious holidays such as Easter and Passover and to disrupt family oriented celebrations such as Mothers Day and Father's Day and to disrupt the celebration of major patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day and the 4th of July. He’s doing it again now. The harassment of organizations began before Veteran’s Day and is timed to disrupt major family gathering and religious celebrations such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years. It’s the typical tool of the totalitarian from time immemorial....make people feel like a meaningless mass. But not people in a mass, for sure, simply a meaningless mass. Keep them down, down, down as long as you can as much you can and you can rule forever. The treatment of Blacks by the Democratic Totalitarians is a classic example.

Lee, as I see it, the major problem that gave New York the "dynamic" father-son team, may not be religiously Democrat voters, but a hapless state Republican Party.

The father was, and son remains, a petty little tyrant. Both of them, with strong opposition, may have well been relegated to the dust bin of "Also Rans" early on in their careers.

The collective Republican opposition to both Cuomos were Lou Lehrman, Andrew O'Rourke, Pierre Rinfret, George Pataki, Carl Paladino, Rob Asterino, and Mark Malinaro.

Of that group, Carl Paladino, whose policies were fine, was a lightening rod, and in that regard, I believe that the only other candidate worth a rat's ass was Lehrman. I still view his defeat as a great loss for New York.

Governor Pataki, although I always voted for him, was a disappointment to me. His leadership during the Flight 800 tragedy and 911 aside, the only bright spot in his RINO-stained tenure was the STAR Program.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Never voted for Andrew Cuomo,
    Ditto.

nor his father Mario.
    Voted for Lehrman in 1982; Herbert London, the Conservative candidate in 1990, because Pierre Rinfret was really weird, and Pataki in 1994.

I did vote for Cuomo in 1986, because Andrew O'Rourke was not the finest candidate that New York Republicans may have produced.

Today we see the real Andrew Cuomo. His press reports could not have been more revealing – “I am King, hear me roar!”

Cuomo was at his usual best today being incredibly condescending and rude for someone who wrote a book about how well he managed the pandemic before it was over, Condescending and rude to the reporters who dared question him today for clarification, and especially so in his comments and allegations of Western New York’s management to take the virus serious and appropriate steps to control the virus.

Cuomo: “They didn’t have their neighbors die. They didn’t go to the funerals of their niece or nephew," Cuomo said of Western New York residents.

We certainly did lose neighbors, family and life-long friends and couldn’t attend their funerals as well. Nor attend weddings, school celebrations, parties, attend church…

Cuomo: “Western New Yorkers didn’t fully appreciate the dangers of Covid-19, as seen in New York City when the pandemic first hit. Western New York never faced that same reality, never lived the full pain of a Covid spread.” The problem, Cuomo said for many in the region, was: “It wasn't real to me.”

Many Western New Yorkers started wearing masks in mid-March, practicing social distancing, washing hands, using sanitizing guidelines, etc. Shutdowns followed shortly with only essential commerce and services in operation. School Districts took heroic measures attempting to find means to educate our children safely. People lost jobs that will never be regained. Businesses closed, never open, and never will. And this douchebag dares to say that Covid hasn’t been real enough for us until now!

This is the same man who told reporters today, "Well, I don’t really care what you think. Of course, you agree with him because you’re in the same business with him”

For someone who presided over so many deaths, especially so many avoidable deaths in nursing homes, he now blames nursing home staff and resident visitors for bringing in the virus, The man holds himself blameless for any Covid related tragedy and looks with disdain at anyone who dares question his godliness. Then again, what can one think of an individual who disrespects what another person thinks!
    As for the rest of your post, as usual, "Spot On!"
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 19th, 2020 at 10:08 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    But the shutdown came just in time to disrupt the celebration of major religious holidays such as Easter and Passover and to disrupt family oriented celebrations such as Mothers Day and Father's Day and to disrupt the celebration of major patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day and the 4th of July. He’s doing it again now. The harassment of organizations began before Veteran’s Day and is timed to disrupt major family gathering and religious celebrations such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years. It’s the typical tool of the totalitarian from time immemorial....make people feel like a meaningless mass. But not people in a mass, for sure, simply a meaningless mass. Keep them down, down, down as long as you can as much you can and you can rule forever.
    Well said grump.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

This isn’t about party politics for me. This is about disdain for a self-righteous, arrogant, pontificating Governor who rules thinking he is the only ‘smart’ person in the room. His repetitive admonishment, “You gotta be smart,” is insulting. Trump is not the only ‘tool’.

Had Cuomo simply pointed out that Western New York has become a Covid hot spot and action needed to control the spread of the virus, there would have been understanding by the public and the resulting uproar by 72% of affected Western New York residents eliminated.

But that not the style of the bullying, throw-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater Cuomo’s. We are just not as smart as King Cuomo.

Perhaps as a Lancaster resident I am taking this too personal. However, as a person of age with a compromised immune system, since March 14th I have been masked, practicing social distancing / hand washing / sanitizing / etc. to stay safe. My wife has been following the same process.

Together we have had numerous Doctor visits, hospital and private tests performed (during and after lockdown), and shopped, dined in restaurants, etc., as restrictions were lifted.

In all that time, we have not encountered an individual who was not wearing a mask or practicing stay-safe guideline requirements.

Considering I lost my best friend of 60+ years this year and could not attend his funeral (as well as others), could not visit family members and friends in nursing facilities, missed celebrations and family / friend get togethers, this ‘smarter-than-a-fifth-grader, tool really pissed me off.

Lancaster’s confirmed Covid cases are up. To say that residents haven’t understood the gravity of the virus, have not reacted appropriately, and have not suffered is asinine – especially when the entire country is burning up.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This isn’t about party politics for me. This is about disdain for a self-righteous, arrogant, pontificating Governor who rules thinking he is the only ‘smart’ person in the room. His repetitive admonishment, “You gotta be smart,” is insulting. Trump is not the only ‘tool’.
    This was just mailed to me

Hi Anthony,
    We wanted to be sure you saw our invitation for a virtual birthday and holiday reception in support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo next month. Thank you to everyone who has already contacted us to confirm your participation.

We are very pleased to announce that Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie Perez, and Ben Stiller will join the Governor at this event. As a reminder, there will be a smaller Host Reception with the Governor followed by the Main Reception. Tickets start at $1,000 and we have a limited quantity of Young Professional/Activist tickets for $50. See below for full details or click here: www.andrewcuomo.com/december17

We hope you are able to support this event. Please contact me with questions or to confirm your participation by replying to this email or calling (212) 257-6405.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
    Gita

FYI: Attendance is limited to event RSVPs. A unique log-in identifier will be shared with each guest prior to the event.

Finance Director | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
    gita@andrewcuomo.com | (212) 257-6405
    I wonder how many local town board members are contacting Gita to participate in this historic event. Support starts are the bottom.

Nor I Lee.

Locally, and in New York State, it seems to me that the Democrat and Republican Parties are two sides of the same incestuous coin, and a weak Republican Party is the GOP's assigned role.

Ergo, weak Republican candidates give rise to unstable Democrat tyrants, although I can think of some high-profile local Republican tyrants.

ANOTHER WORDS New York State ..it's citizens, and taxpayers...except for the puppet Cwhomo supporting a$$ kissing legislators are plain SCREWED?

Imagine that, Cuomo is going to receive an Emmy award; an award presented to recognize performance excellence in the television industry. A good job recognition by his far-left buddies in the television industry who seem to ignore the fact that New York is still the state with the highest death count, where he was responsible for a large number of deaths (which he now takes no responsibility for) ,and is killing the economy in this state.

They may pull this off by declaring he is worthy of the award for his ability to spin BS in a dramatic manner.

Is Chris Cuomo next?

The mainstream media has no shame!

Imagine that, Cuomo is going to receive an Emmy award; an award presented to recognize performance excellence in the television industry.

Cuomo's Emmy reminds me of Jack Nicholson's receipt of the "Best Actor" Oscar for his role in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. ​Indeed, both awards recognized stellar imitations of crazy men.

Is Chris Cuomo next?
    Nah, the Freddo character's plot importance did not rise to the level of his brother Michael.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 21st, 2020 at 04:43 AM.

Attached Images Attached Images

Buffalo News Letters-to-the- Editor

Spot on!

Letter: Governor is dead wrong about Western New York

After listening to Andrew Cuomo’s press conference, where he stated that Western New York has no idea what it is like to suffer from the Covid-19 epidemic because, “we aren’t New York City,” he should be ashamed of himself. He should be made to tell that personally to the hundreds of families who have lost a loved one or have personally suffered from the Covid-19 virus and survived here in Western New York.

And shame on the County Executive in his following press conference for not calling out the governor, publicly and privately for such an outrageous statement. Had Donald Trump made such an idiotic statement about Western New York, he would have been vilified. Apparently whatever Cuomo says is gospel and don’t you dare criticize him.

At the very least Poloncarz should apologize to his constituents in Erie County for the stupid remarks made by the governor and state that he personally does not agree with Cuomo.

How many deaths does it take to know suffering, governor?

James Howe
    Derby

Letter: End Cuomo’s dictatorship and let legislators step up

New York’s dictatorial Gov. Andrew Cuomo has finally gone beyond reason. He has arbitrarily decided to prevent New Yorkers from receiving the Covid-19 vaccine until he alone determines its safety. Who does he think he is!

He has, so far, stealthily relieved us of many freedoms: dictating the number of people allowed into churches, synagogues, restaurants, bars and even our own dining rooms.

He has closed theaters, stadiums, gyms and has prevented us from traveling from and back to New York without burdensome testing and quarantining and has placed severe limitations on our children’s education.

This is under the guise of forcing us to be healthy, which hasn’t worked too well for thousands of New Yorkers.

Where is the outrage? More importantly, where are our elected legislators? Cuomo has been issuing executive orders since March with no opposition from our well-paid legislators who haven’t missed a paycheck, contrary to many New York residents.

The most frightening thought is how easy it has been for one self-important man to quietly seize and limit our constitutional rights. Does that sound familiar to any history buffs?

Our governor has to shed his nanny uniform, take a deep breath, and allow our religious leaders to decide how not to kill off their congregants, business owners to keep their customers alive and heads of households to keep their families breathing. Most of us survived quite nicely before the governor showed up and without his interference, will probably continue to live without executive orders.

Gov. Cuomo, despite your self-aggrandizing best-selling book, you are not the smartest person in the room.

Rosanne McKee
    Grand Island

Thread Information