Thread: This the most scrwed up crap I have ever heard....

Tony Fracasso - Admin

This the most scrwed up crap I have ever heard....

Do they make this crap up as they go?

Cheektowaga official defends handling of worker behind Trump message on plow truck

The town plow driver called it a joke, intended just among co-workers. But writing a Trump 2020 slogan on the sides of a plow truck was not just stupid but also illegal, Cheektowaga Highway Superintendent Mark Wegner said Monday.

Wegner defended the town's handling of the incident, which led to police arresting Robert Hupkowicz on criminal mischief and making graffiti charges in December 2019. Charges were later dropped.

"It wasn't like he was doing it as a joke for town employees," Wegner said.

"It's illegal what he did. He got caught," Wegner added his first public comments on the matter since Hupkowicz filed a federal lawsuit last week against the town seeking compensatory and punitive damages.

"He's just got to start trouble with everybody. This is the stuff we go through with him," Wegner said. "Like we have nothing better to do than deal with this stuff. It's stupid."

Hupkowicz named Wegner, Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski and Deputy Highway Superintendent Charles Markel as defendants in the federal suit.

The Trump slogan he wrote on the sides of the plow truck was meant as a joke to be seen only by his co-workers in the Town of Cheektowaga highway garage, Hupkowicz said in his lawsuit. He was performing routine maintenance on the dump truck in the town highway garage, out of view from the public, where only town employees are allowed to enter. Hupkowicz said his messages were on wooden boards that were to be replaced and also on equipment to be repainted before the truck was to leave the garage. He said he intended to finish the maintenance work and remove the messages the next day.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...8vG2lCMTVFQ1-4

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wegner acknowledged alerting the news media of the incident, but only after Hupkowicz posted a comment on his own Facebook page.
    I understand they all can't stand each other for the most part but what was the point of notifying the news?

When the town discovered the painted messages on the plow truck, officials called police about it before they knew who did it, Wegner said. Town officials eventually discovered it was Hupkowicz by watching surveillance video, he said.
    So when Charley ran to either Mark or Diane he really didn't know who did it? Seriously?

Wegner said "no one knew that he was going to be arrested" on the job and that he found out it happened only after another employee told him.
    My first question would be who told the police? Something triggered the arrest. I see we are all so naive.

If it had snowed that night, the truck may have been needed, Wegner said. It would have been inappropriate for any candidate's name – not just Trump's – to be painted on the truck, Wegner said
    That might have been true. And you know what though? I don't think there would have been one property/business owner that would have cared about it.

I guess in these types of cases "no comment" is the better comment.

But, the highway staffer bares the most responsibility for your ire, especially after posting the photo online.

When you take a real close look at the photo in the News you can see it took some time to paint that sign, pretty bold letters too for the then-president, yet the highway worker implies it was slapped on there with little thought. Probably not the best use of time when the spotlight is sharp on these types of dream jobs for people. Filing the lawsuit smacks of entitlement, too.

My bet is the elected folks there in Cheektowaga would have been much more mad had their name been painted on there.

Yep most of these highway crews waste time in the winter months. Nothing else to do in the winter only can plow snow and salt streets so much. So they play cards, sit in the TV room, or Paint by numbers

bottom line town going to have to pay for this one outside attorney will cost the TXP some money. Have to remember too many drinks wagner and rob don't like each other now throw in the criminal charlie that should have never been hired by the town and you got one big cluster. u can only shake your head at this town over the past 30 years
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Do they do basic equipment maintenance during down time? Even maintenance on the buildings themselves?

Thread Information