Thread: Free Red lobster Dinner?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Free Red lobster Dinner?

We notices a google ad on onlinebuffalo.com that claims to give away a $50 certificate at red lobster. Go to onlinebuffalo.com and check it out. You might have to hit refresh to get the ad to pop up on the right side of the page.

www.onlinebuffalo.com

OK. I took the bait. It is not "free". You will not get the gift card until you sign up for either Columbia House DVD Club, Discover Platinum Card or Netflix Online Rental Service.

I have no problem with these people offer a "premium" to sign up. But what ticks me off is that they don't tell you up front. What are they, politicians?

TANSTAAFL

.. an acronym for...
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman once summed up the essence of wisdom on public policy as "There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch." Even if you aren’t paying for it, somebody else is, and chances are there will be a price exacted eventually, whether in money, obligation or loss of options.

This is classic example of someone overlooking TANSTAAFL, only to be disappointed.

This is the #1 problem in WNY. People don't don't comprehend TANSTAAFL because they have never been taught TANSTAAFL.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

You will not get the gift card until you sign up for either Columbia House DVD Club, Discover Platinum Card or Netflix Online Rental Service.

LOL- there's a 'catch' to free lobster.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    No one caught my in a round about way about free money and this coupon thingy huh? THere's always a catch

speaking of a catch-
    I really liked the fishing article on speakupwny.com.

Thread Information