Thread: Hits keep coming for local taxpayers

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Hits keep coming for local taxpayers

From www.buffalo.com. You are not responding to the original writer.

-----------------------

Hits keep coming for local taxpayers

4/14/2004

As is typical these days, the hard-working, underpaid taxpayers are being forced to open up their pocketbooks and pay an extra $2.2 million in order to ensure that the road construction at Walden Avenue and Union Road is completed quickly, and that no one will have to suffer undue hardship by waiting a few extra minutes in order to access the Walden Galleria during the holiday shopping season, which is already entirely too long. Give me a break.
    Most taxpayers are more than willing to pay their fair share for the basic road construction project cost to ensure vehicle and pedestrian safety and accessibility to the Galleria. But asking people to pay an exorbitant extra construction amount simply for the benefit of one of the richest companies in the area is just outrageous.

GEOFFREY R. SNYDER
    Tonawanda

Sometimes I read these letters people write and I wonder "What's this guy's point?"

I'd be happy to pay a few extra bucks to see construction completed quickly.

Night-time construction is the answer....and no over-time comp-time, whatever they call it.

Night Time construction should be considered in talking about an area like Walden & Union especially with traffic coming off or going on to the thruway. I heard that many southern states do all roadwork after hours, but the pay is the same as if it were daytime.

Faster work doesn't always mean better. I've seen some of the 'rushed projects' and two or three years later it looks the same as it did before construction started; that's a waste.

LOL- Night Owl supports Night Time construction

Thread Information