Thread: Tolls.......

Tolls.......

So I had a devious thought the other day when I was paying my toll at the Ripley line. What if everyone for a day gave the toll collectors nothing but higher denomination bills, like 20's and 50's. (Of which I have neither at this moment).

Besides the traffic tie-ups, one would think that they would probably run out of change sooner rather than later - so what would be the end result?

Quote Originally Posted by SafeWNY View Post
    So I had a devious thought the other day when I was paying my toll at the Ripley line. What if everyone for a day gave the toll collectors nothing but higher denomination bills, like 20's and 50's. (Of which I have neither at this moment).

Besides the traffic tie-ups, one would think that they would probably run out of change sooner rather than later - so what would be the end result?
    Those people in the toll booths are not the enemy. (Rus excepted.) You would be wasting the time of private citizens trying to get to work. The politicians in their limousines would be laughing.

Now, if you would propose that angry taxpayers form a long line to each take a big dump on a(n) NYS Senators'/Assemblypersons' desk, I'd be all for it.

ROTFLMAO.

You obviously don't travel the Thruway much, do you?

Except for Ripley, Lackawanna, Williamsville, I87/I90 Interchange at Albany, and the tollbooths at the end of the Thruway north of NYC, there are no other major toll plazas on I-90/I-87. Most of the other exits aren't all that busy most of the day.

Oh, yeah, and then there's EZ PASS.

The end result is nothing because most people aren't as crazy as you are.

Are you wondering if they'd let you go through for free because they didn't have any change to give? If so, I'd say they'd do what they do to people that don't have ez pass or forgot money...They'd take down your plate and bill you later.

*Does anyone remember when some chick went through the Silver Creek exit and told off a toll collecter, basically daring him to fight her? Then he left his booth and popped her...That story was pretty entertaining.

example: of you get on the 90 at transit, and then accidentally go thruogh an EZ Pass lane, in williamsville, and STOP and go into the office to pay you 15 cent toll.... they say 'your bill will come in the mail'

Then, you have to send your toll ticket, in along with a check for 15 cents... and you should avoid the 'fine'. Talk about a big waste of time and money for all involved.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    ROTFLMAO.

You obviously don't travel the Thruway much, do you?

Except for Ripley, Lackawanna, Williamsville, I87/I90 Interchange at Albany, and the tollbooths at the end of the Thruway north of NYC, there are no other major toll plazas on I-90/I-87. Most of the other exits aren't all that busy most of the day.

Oh, yeah, and then there's EZ PASS.

The end result is nothing because most people aren't as crazy as you are.
    I unfortunately travel this stretch of road way too often. I had the Lackawanna tolls and the GI bridge in mind, but I agree - EZ Pass would be the live saver here.

It was just another demented and evil thought I had when handing over the pennies I had counted to the toll taker :-)

Thread Information