Thread: I'm voting for Gaczewski, the Ruffino "Check;" not the Ruffino "Chump."

I'm voting for Gaczewski, the Ruffino "Check;" not the Ruffino "Chump."

Just My Opinion:

In his August 6, 2020 comments to the Lancaster Sun, Lancaster Town Democrat Vice Chair Ron Giza minced very few words. As I understand his comments, those words can be reduced to this paraphrased sentence: "A vote for Wozniak is a vote in support of all that is Ruffino."

The Town Council seat on Tuesday's ballot will determine majority control of the Lancaster Town Council. Therefore, I thank Mr. Giza for his refreshing words of candor; words which will guide my hand when marking my ballot.

During the 2019 campaign for Supervisor, Ron Ruffino represented himself as, and pledged to be, a "fiscal conservative." On election day, Ruffino won the Supervisor's seat by a mere 123 votes; a very tepid "Proceed" to the "most qualified and experienced candidate for Lancaster Supervisor." That victory margin, in my opinion, was hardly a mandate to deviate from his pledge to "fiscal conservatism." In fact, a late November, 2019 poll conducted by the Lancaster Bee suggested that only 43% of Lancaster residents were happy with Mr. Ruffino's election, while a whopping 57% expressed displeasure.

I was pleasantly surprised when Supervisor Ruffino himself seemed to acknowledge the public's discontent when he noted "I need to prove to people that they selected the right person." Those words suggested a humble and appropriate observation which held the hope for a positive future for Lancaster; the perfect teed-up opportunity to functionally assuage the concerns of an ambivalent town.

Regrettably, starting with the first Town Council session under his direction, Supervisor Ruffino seemingly squandered that opportunity. In his conduct as Supervisor, Ron Ruffino has revealed himself to be perceptively arrogant in leadership, contradictory of his previously self-touted conservative credentials, self-serving in his legislative proposals, petty and perhaps highly partisan in his executive appointments, self-indulgent in the privileges of the office, clumsy in his public presentations, awkwardly whiny in self-pitty, and highly temperamental in his interactions with concerned residents.

Leadership that embraces arrogance, elitism, self-interest, and testiness simply does not, and will not, well serve the broad interests of Lancaster as it emerges from the Covid era. In that connection, the Lancaster voters simply can not afford to shrug-off Mr. Ruffino's previous performances.

Mr. Wozniak, the Ruffino-endorsed Democrat candidate for Town Council, lacks a tested legislative record, and it appears that the only significant measure of his "ideology" resides with its compatibility with that of Supervisor Ruffino. In my opinion, Mr. Woziak would not prioritize the role of advocate for the Lancaster taxpayer and resident over the function of Ruffino enabler.

Lancaster does not need another Ron Ruffino "CHUMP," it needs a Ron Ruffino "CHECK."

In light of what might be termed the 2021 budget calamity, and with the Town Council majority at stake, I am voting for Dawn Gaczewski.

Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 1st, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

If the reader wants to understand why it is important for Dawn Gaczewski to win this election, call into the Town Council session at 7:00 p.m. tonight.

1-716- 800-4267 pin #1232

LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

You are right. Dawn Gaczewski is the “Perfect Politician” for the position. Any way she can get her name out there, she will be there. Ask her to do something on her own, well thats a different story.
    Looking for that person to go out and find new ideas, its not her. Ask The Village Mayor or J Coleman. If we partner up we will get our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
    You are right. Dawn Gaczewski is the “Perfect Politician” for the position.
    Why the quotation marks around Perfect Politician?

I re-read my comments and I do not see that term referenced in that post. I certainly did not refer to Ms. Dawn as the "Perfect Politician," nor did I use that phrase.

Are you, perhaps in a confused way, referring to my reference to the Democrat Vice Chair; a politician to be sure, but hardly "Perfect," eh?

Looking for that person to go out and find new ideas, its not her
    "New ideas" Seriously?

The only measure of Wozniak's philosophy can be found in his compatibility with the 19-year career politician Ron Ruffino, hardly a breath of fresh air, huh?

Ah, perhaps you are referring to the 19-year career politician Ron Ruffino, who began is career as a suppliant servant to a political machine?

Council Member Ron Ruffino: “Bob, you always call me your right hand man, but I learned a lot through the years and I have been there for you and with you whenever needed."
    Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ight=giza+2011

I guess Wozniak has to start somewhere, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 2nd, 2020 at 10:40 AM.

Ask...J Coleman.
    Assuming the "J Coleman" that you referred to is former Supervisor Johanna Coleman, I don't have to ask her perspectives on Ruffino or his team; she previously said it so well...

"With all due respect Ron, you don't know what you're talking about."

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Regrettably, starting with the first Town Council session under his direction, Supervisor Ruffino seemingly squandered that opportunity. In his conduct as Supervisor, Ron Ruffino has revealed himself to be perceptively arrogant in leadership, contradictory of his previously self-touted conservative credentials, self-serving in his legislative proposals, petty and perhaps highly partisan in his executive appointments, self-indulgent in the privileges of the office, clumsy in his public presentations, awkwardly whiny in self-pitty, and highly temperamental in his interactions with concerned residents.

Leadership that embraces arrogance, elitism, self-interest, and testiness simply does not, and will not, well serve the broad interests of Lancaster as it emerges from the Covid era. In that connection, the Lancaster voters simply can not afford to shrug-off Mr. Ruffino's previous performances.
    In my opinion, tonight's Town Council session vividly illustrated the merits of that comment.

Is it not reasonable to modify the comment with the addition of the terms "evasive," "hyper-sensitive," "deflective," "mean-spirted," "less-than truthful," "dismissive," and "a temperament befitting a hostile pubescent?"

Your "For The People," eh Mr. Supervisor?

BTW, kudos to Councilman Mazur for supporting Councilman Leary's resolution concerning restrictions on gasoline fobs and fill-ups.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 2nd, 2020 at 09:50 PM.

Thread Information