Thread: Armed Robbery in Stalker's Hood, It's True!!!

Unregistered

Armed Robbery in Stalker's Hood, It's True!!!

University Plaza store robbed of $800 at gunpoint.

Updated: 03/24/07 7:00 AM

Please keep in mind while reading the article below, the armed robber would have been apprehended prior to displaying his weapon had this happened in ANY OTHER part of Amherst. Ask 'Stalker.' He'll back me up on the fact that the Amherst Police Department refuses to respond to Eggertsville calls in a timely manner on PURPOSE! There's an interdepartmental plot against Eggertsville.

A man armed with a shotgun robbed a Radio Shack store at University Plaza in Amherst on Thursday night, police said.

At 8:20 p.m., the gunman, who was hiding his long gun under a black puffy jacket, approached the counter in the shop at 3400 Main St. to purchase some batteries.

When the cashier opened the cash register, the robber pulled out the gun and demanded the cashier put all of the money into a bag.

The gunman then forced the cashier and another employee to go to the back of the store; he then fled through the front door with more than $800 in cash, police said.

A witness told investigators that he saw a car speeding out of the parking lot but could not identify the driver.

Anyone with information about the Radio Shack robbery is asked to call 689-1333.

Source: http://www.buffalonews.com/104/story/39206.html

Not a bad score

Whatever happened to "undetermined amount of money" as the tagline for armed robbery stories?

Not that every crackhead in Buffalo is thumbing through the local fishwrap, but I think the Buffalo Snooze showed poor judgement in publishing the fact that Radio Shack has $800 on hand for the taking. An $800 score is equivalent of knocking off a dozen Stop and Robs- so I'm sure we'll be seeing more stores getting hit. Note to RS managers, you may want to upgrade that pocket protector to a bullet-resistant one.

Surf--where do you see about the stalker's hood?

I see a lot of evidence that that end of the town is neglected.

After garbage collection on NFB, the workers leave the cans all over the boulevard. Doesn't need to be windy, just throw them all over. I've seen incidents at the mall in which the police don't show up promptly.
    And I never can get over that some roadways in Amherst are left with almost no striping. Kenmore Ave, driving westward and making a right on Niagara Falls Boulevard, has no marking as a turn lane and a lot of people get caught in there when they try to cross the boulevard. Sidewalks aren't cleaned of snow and ice so people have to walk in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker

After garbage collection on NFB, the workers leave the cans all over the boulevard. Doesn't need to be windy, just throw them all over. I've seen incidents at the mall in which the police don't show up promptly.
    And I never can get over that some roadways in Amherst are left with almost no striping. Kenmore Ave, driving westward and making a right on Niagara Falls Boulevard, has no marking as a turn lane and a lot of people get caught in there when they try to cross the boulevard. Sidewalks aren't cleaned of snow and ice so people have to walk in the street.

I drive down the Boulevard every day, and I have never seen garbage cans thrown in the road from the garbage men. That happens when it is windy out and occurs in every area of the town.

As far as road stripping, that road is a state road and is the responsibility of New York, not amherst.

And I am curious what incidents you have seen at the mall that the police have not shown up promptly. My understanding from the citizen's police academy is that there is usually one police car stationed near the mall. Do you have specific incidents to explain?

The sidewalk clearing issue is also area wide, not just eggertsville. Drive through any community in western new york and the problem is there too...just look around.

Anecdotal complaining that lacks specifics does not further anything.

Unregistered

As far as the garbage cans are concerned, I think you're looking at the Town of Tonawanda side of NF BLVD. I know someone that lives on the Tonawanda side, and they're always complaining about how their garbage cans and recycling boxes end up in the streets, while the Waste Management guy on the Amherst side, who works alone, (drives and collects), and very neatly places the cans & boxes back where they belong. I hear this complaint so often, I'm tempted to propose the idea of refuse privatization to the Town of Tonawanda, so I don't have to hear the complaining any longer. Besides that, it would benefit the town financially.

As for "the mall," which I'll assume you're referring to The Boulevard Mall, what type of "incidents' are you referring to that puts an off duty cop in the position where he/she can't wait a few extra minutes for a on duty officer to arrive? I believe most of the mall's security team is still off duty police officers. Not to mention, last I knew the APD had a substation in the mall.

The clearing of sidewalks are the responsibility of the businesses and homeowners, and as 'sabres07' mentioned, the streets you're referring to are NYS State roads.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres07
    I drive down the Boulevard every day, and I have never seen garbage cans thrown in the road from the garbage men. That happens when it is windy out and occurs in every area of the town.

As far as road stripping, that road is a state road and is the responsibility of New York, not amherst.

And I am curious what incidents you have seen at the mall that the police have not shown up promptly. My understanding from the citizen's police academy is that there is usually one police car stationed near the mall. Do you have specific incidents to explain?

The sidewalk clearing issue is also area wide, not just eggertsville. Drive through any community in western new york and the problem is there too...just look around.

Anecdotal complaining that lacks specifics does not further anything.
    Ok, one example of each:
    Two weeks ago, more or less, there were garbage cans along the curb of NFB and there was NO wind that day.

and Kenmore Ave is the responsibility of Amherst, the county and the state. But striping does get done on most of Kenmore Ave because it has to be done or these entities get sued in case of an accident. So it's possible to be careful, and hospitable, with drivers.

And there was a customer at Macy's, but Kaufmann's then, whose purse, coat and packages were stolen, and I ran all over trying to get her help
    She didn't even have keys to drive with, money to make a call and she was somewhat dazed. I ran out to the satellite station and notified them and back to her. At 1/2 an hour they still didn't show, so I asked the mall security to sit with her so I could go home. I didn't know her.

And I use NFB a lot, not every day, and there are STILL sidewalks impossible to pass because of snow.

Ok, one example of each:
    Two weeks ago, more or less, there were garbage cans along the curb of NFB and there was NO wind that day.

and Kenmore Ave is the responsibility of Amherst, the county and the state. But striping does get done on most of Kenmore Ave because it has to be done or these entities get sued in case of an accident. So it's possible to be careful, and hospitable, with drivers.

And there was a customer at Macy's, but Kaufmann's then, whose purse, coat and packages were stolen, and I ran all over trying to get her help
    She didn't even have keys to drive with, money to make a call and she was somewhat dazed. I ran out to the satellite station and notified them and back to her. At 1/2 an hour they still didn't show, so I asked the mall security to sit with her so I could go home. I didn't know her.

And I use NFB a lot, not every day, and there are STILL sidewalks impossible to pass because of snow.

Question #1: Is Niagara Falls Boulevard near Kenmore the only stretch of road you have seen garbage cans in? I drive all over western New York and see cans in road from the wind in every corner of this area.

Question #2: Are there other streets in Western New York that lack proper stripping?

Question #3: Is Eggertsville the only area in Western New York that has businesses and residents who don't clear snow from sidewalks?

Statement #1: Boulevard Mall security is 90% Amherst police officers (off-duty) as well as some other police agencies. The police were on location as soon as you reported the incident.

I think your original statements should have been broader and more inclusive, rather than singling out a small stretch of road in the amherst area.
    Last edited by sabres07; March 25th, 2007 at 04:54 PM.

quote from my post;

"I see a lot of evidence that that end of the town is neglected."

$800 in the register?
    don't they drop money into a safe when ever it gets above a hundred or two?
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

I had occasion to drive in the north Clarence and Williamsville area today. Tonawanda Creek Road in Clarence just east of Transit Road is still out. In fact the whole road is caved in making it impassable. It's been two years now at least. Evidence of neglect?

I also drove on North Forest Road south between Heim Road and Maple Road. The stripping is very faded and is missing in some stretches, making it confusing because the center lane is a turn lane with arrows you can't see. Evidence of neglect?

Transit Road south near Transit Middle school is littered with garbage. In one stretch I saw an empty vodka bottle and many areas with wet papers laying around. Evidence of neglect?

My point is it is all around if you look hard enough. But using observations to butress a bias without being fairminded does not further an argument.

OK, please come off it now, sabre7

Kenmore avenue is only the reponsibility of Amherst Police from Main Street to the Boulevard. Then it is in the town of Tonawanda, and the City of Buffalo. Actually it is slpit between the 2 by the line dividing traffic.

Micheal

Some needs to post where he last 10 armed robberies in Amherst have occured. You'll find a clear pattern.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Some needs to post where he last 10 armed robberies in Amherst have occured. You'll find a clear pattern.
    You and your next door neighbor, (Stalker), seem to know the "facts" about everything that happens in Amherst, So why don't you post it?

Most robberies that happen in suburban areas are usually close to the city of Buffalo for a reason. It's so they can escape into the city before the suburban po-po arrive. Buffalo police are far too busy to look for suspects from a neighboring suburb and the criminals realize this. That being said, how do these robberies affect the Eggertsville residents?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader
    Only 2 out of the 10 were in your moms (stalkers) neighborhood. None of which were in your moms favorite place of bitching, the Allenhurst housing area. Go figure....WRONG AGAIN ! ! !
    "Only an idiot would wait in a backed up line for Tim Horton's coffee." Stevenco

Thread Information