Thread: Early voting

Early voting

I haven't voted yet but I was at the Clarence Center cemetery. I passed the town hall on my way back,
    the people were lined up through the parking lot passed the new state police barracks.
    I was surprised of the turn out on the first day

Georgia L Schlager

I'm trying to understand why people would be waiting in line for hours today. I've never waited for more than 10 minutes on any election day. I know of one person who waited for 4.5 hours in Tonawanda. I just don't get it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    lines were always reasonable when I went on election day.

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I'm trying to understand why people would be waiting in line for hours today. I've never waited for more than 10 minutes on any election day. I know of one person who waited for 4.5 hours in Tonawanda. I just don't get it.
    It's nuts. The only time I've waited is when I get there too early before they open on election day or primary day.
    Someone said people were waiting outside in the village at 10:45.
    It really doesn't make sense.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by yaksplat View Post
    I understand from a rather knowledgeable source that there is limited machinery has slowed the process. What appears to be long lines, is only a back-up created by delay.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I understand from a rather knowledgeable source that there is limited machinery has slowed the process. What appears to be long lines, is only a back-up created by delay.
    Does any one have information to confirm my understanding from some observers that this BOE-planned, Mohr-Zellner production seems to lack in social distancing protocols?

If my understanding is correct, do you not believe if the process should be held to the same Covid enforcement standards imposed upon so many restaurants, barbershops, and hair salons?

Do you join me in the hope that this process does not prove as costly to the taxpayers as previous BOE endeavors?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I also believe since you can vote anywhere, your ballot has to be printed. That takes more time than just signing
    and handing you a ballot.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I also believe since you can vote anywhere, your ballot has to be printed. That takes more time than just signing
    and handing you a ballot.
    I'm not much for this early voting Gorja.

Absent a compelling reason, I guess I just like the whole traditional election day thingy.

Early voting at the Village of Lancaster Municipals Building.

Any thoughts, comments or anecdotes?...

IMG_7759.jpg

Early voting at the Village of Lancaster Municipals Building.

Any thoughts, comments or anecdotes?...

IMG_7759.jpg
    I went to Alden after work. At 3:20 I arrived there. There was absolutely NO WAIT.
    Like Lancaster in the primary, they didn't disinfect the stylus from one voter to another

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I went to Alden after work. At 3:20 I arrived there. There was absolutely NO WAIT.
    Like Lancaster in the primary, they didn't disinfect the stylus from one voter to another
    I'm not a Covid fanatic or a germaphobe, but that is disgusting even in normal times.

How many times do you pick-up crap at the drug store when signing the receipt or at the supermarket?

Very valid point!

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    I'm not a Covid fanatic or a germaphobe
    I have not been either but I have learned to appreciate disinfection more than in the past

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information