Thread: The Obama administration wants the taxpayer to guarantee private union pensions too!!

The Obama administration wants the taxpayer to guarantee private union pensions too!!

This is an outrage and must be stopped!

After spending millions of dollars to get Barack Obama and their liberal allies in Congress elected, Big Labor Unions are now poised to become the beneficiaries of a 165 billion dollar taxpayer-funded bailout.

You read that right.

Ignoring the widespread public anger over bailouts for the financial sector... bailouts for the auto industry... and their failed "stimulus" scheme, Congress is now considering a bailout for Big Labor.

Specifically, Senator Robert Casey (D-PA) recently introduced legislation euphemistically called the "Create Jobs and Save Benefits Act" (S. 3157), which puts U.S. taxpayers on the hook for guaranteeing poorly and improperly managed Labor Union pension plans.

And if Senator Casey gets his way, we taxpayers will be stuck with a 165 billion dollar tab, or more. In fact, according to some reports, 165 billion dollars is just the initial cost. Eventual taxpayer liability is potentially unlimited as pension benefits must be paid for life.

As the editors of the Wall Street Journal recently put it: "They [Union chiefs] are now counting on Mr. Casey to preserve their power by making taxpayers pick up the tab for years of pension mismanagement. With the union priority of 'card check' stalled, word is that the Casey bailout is Big Labor's consolation prize. Taxpayers should let Congress know they don't want to pay."

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ir=congressorg

Outrageous!!!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold
    Outrageous!!!

OMFG! I can't believe it -- a group gave money to a politician, and now they want something in return!

OMG A Republican would never do something so slanderous.

OMG OMG OMFG

Anyway, when did Sen. Casey become part of the Obama administration? Or, is this just another moronic thread title by the King of the Moronic Threads?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post

After spending millions of dollars to get Barack Obama and their liberal allies in Congress elected, Big Labor Unions are now poised to become the beneficiaries of a 165 billion dollar taxpayer-funded bailout.
    But I thought we voted for "change"?

Wasnt it the Unions that funded his whole campaign? Isnt pissing off the Unions another reason WHY he isnt letting any foriegn contractors into the Gulf to clean up the mess?

Quote Originally Posted by therising View Post
    Anyway, when did Sen. Casey become part of the Obama administration? Or, is this just another moronic thread title by the King of the Moronic Threads?
    hemorrhoid.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan2009 View Post
    But I thought we voted for "change"?
    Not I!!!!

No.
    This is Obummers bill.
    His union buds are anxious for their payback.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    hemorrhoid.
    If you think I'm wrong, tell me so. But when all you can do is call me a "hemorrhoid" it pretty much shows that you have no ammunition.

Thanks for proving my point.

How is this different from what we already have?

See: http://www.pbgc.gov/
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    How is this different from what we already have?

See: http://www.pbgc.gov/
    PBGC receives no funds from general tax revenues.

Big Difference!!!

If you think I'm wrong, tell me so. But when all you can do is call me a "hemorrhoid" it pretty much shows that you have no ammunition.

Thanks for proving my point.
    It has nothing to do with the validity or invalidity of what you say. I called you a hemorrhoid because that's just how you are.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Thread Information