Someone asked me if I sit on facebook all day

I will skim facebook when I'm on hold or waiting for a client's computer to do it's thing while I'm connected remotely.

Today I worked on 5 computers on the bench, did paper work for billing, helped 3 walk-ins.

Here was an interesting one....

Client calls, makes a point of saying he's a college student and needs his laptop repaired. Screen stopped working. Got out of him that it was recently dropped, worked after the drop but stopped working today. Father comes in a couple of hours later. I was already far behind so I figured another 30 minutes won't make a difference. Didn't see any visible cracks but the hinges did seem loose and the screen really didn't work.

After removing the frame and removing the mounting screws for the screen we saw this:

You can clearly see that the retainer clip was not clipped into place. The drop must have been hard enough that the plug stopped making contact. I was told the screen was replaced shortly after the Dell laptop was purchased.

Dell Laptop Video Cable Connector

After flipping the clip back into it's correct position this is how it's supposed to clip down. Once we verified that the screened worked I put another piece of tape over the original tape to hold everything in place. Hinges were loose because the screws were loose. Got a 5 star google review for that one.

Dell Laptop Video Cable Connector