Thread: New York City FAILING

Tony Fracasso - Admin

New York City FAILING

New York City FAILING

A good quick read on this: The abandonment of New York City that references this post on LinkedIn which is another good read.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    NYC was a delicate balance of things to do and work. When you literally close the things to do and the lack of work they were screwed.

I visited NYC a few times. Was cool to see but didn't feel like a place I'd want to live.

A few people and myself had to go to some Okidata service center classes. Stayed at Statler Hotel. I don't like cockroaches but they were in the room. We made a point of taking plastic cups and catching each cockroach we found in the room. They are fast.

No upstate resident should be gleeful about the decline of New York City. Despite what people upstate think NYC generates most of the tax revenue needed to keep the state and many local governments afloat. Most local tax revenue is pissed away on Medicaid or is wasted by fools in local government. Il Douche is already withholding school aid which will devastate school taxes upstate because no school district dares to stand up to the teachers unions and cut spending. The blame can be laid directly at the feet of Il Douche whose totalitarian shutdown of business continues unabated through his backdoor attack on tourism.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Short story. My first trip to NYC

My mom picked one of these up from either the A to Z auction or an auction house on ransom road ages ago.

raoul larche lois fuller lamp

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/se...mp--201206A50/

Go to about 11:25 into the video

One day a family member called my mom and said she saw the lamp in a magazine. My mom wanted to find out if it was the real thing. My mom wrote to Sotheby's in NYC. This was before the internet.

They said they could appraise the lamp and maybe put it up for auction. My parents didn't want to ship the lamp so my father and I went to NYC. We landed at the airport, took bus to grand central station and WALKED all the way to Sotheby's. Had the lamp wrapped up in a duffle bag. It got heavy by the time we got to Sotheby's. Walked by a lot of "humanity" by the time we got there. Once my father talked to who ever I think we took a cab back and flew home. Sold at auction a few months later.

Another leftist , democrat city becoming a s%$t hole before our very eyes.

Amazing how anyone could vote democrat. I guess some people are really that stupid.

Thread Information