This was sent me by someone I know. Sent anonymously. I said write something up and I'll post it.

What he's referring to

By Spectrum News Staff City of Buffalo PUBLISHED 11:04 AM ET Jul. 27, 2020 UPDATED 10:20 PM ET Jul. 27, 2020

Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash on Buffalo’s West Side that left one man dead.
The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
Buffalo police say a man in his 50s was lying in the street when was struck by a vehicle at Plymouth Street and Hampshire Avenue. Police say the driver fled the scene.
The victim's name has not been released.

Anyone with information on the driver is asked to call 911.
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/bu...jX_lu_eNSuDdzM

His take

On Sunday, 7/27/2020. a 50 year old man was struck by a vehicle at the corner of Plymouth and Hampshire.

American Medical Response, the city's sole contracted ambulance provider, had no ambulances available at the time of dispatch. There was no ambulance available for 7 minutes following the dispatch, and an ambulance finally arrived to the injured individual 13 minutes after the time of initial dispatch. Buffalo fire reported over the radio that the patient was breathing but in critical condition. The patient stopped breathing before an ambulance finally arrived on scene.

In the days of Rural/Metro, the local news media would have been ALL OVER this story. Since the arrival of AMR, the news media has been silent about the shortcomings of AMRs performance in the city of buffalo and surrounding areas.

AMR will likely claim "covid" as a reason why they had no ambulances available. I know from speaking with employees within the company that AMR management has been "cutting shifts" for months, often serving the citizens of their covered area in western new york with 2 to 3 ambulances total at any given time in a geographic area with a population of hundreds of thousands people.

If you look back you will see that this poor quality service was NEVER supposed to come back to Buffalo when AMR took over. The Buffalo Emergency Medical Services board is supposed to meet MONTHLY to evaluate the performance of AMR within the city of Buffalo.

Here is a link to the the buffalo legislation that covers this topic.

https://ecode360.com/13571952

Notably, here are a few jobs of the ambulance board within buffalo-----

- Meet on the third Thursday of each month, or such other time as may be designated by the Chairperson of the Board. The Board shall file its minutes with the Common Council by the filing deadline immediately following said meeting.

- A member of the Board who fails to attend three consecutive monthly meetings, without being excused by the Board Chairperson or the Secretary of the Board prior to a scheduled meeting, may be dismissed by the Mayor.

- Advise, consult with and recommend to the Mayor and the Common Council all matters concerning ambulance service, administration of this chapter and any amendments thereto which it may deem necessary and advisable. The Board shall file any recommendations to the Council with its monthly report.

- Evaluate on an ongoing, regular basis the quality and effectiveness of services.

-Providing for the location and staffing of a central control office so that all complaints for ambulance service can be recorded and forthwith forwarded to the Board for its study, review and attention.

- Advise and inform the public concerning any practices in connection with ambulance service which it may consider harmful to the persons in need thereof.

It is my understanding that the emergency medical services board has not met in a VERY long time, and other individuals have attempted to try and figure out who is even on the board, and failed to get an answer. You can see here that the city of buffalo website does not even SHOW an emergency medical services board on their list of boards/committees. I am also unable to find any reference to ambulance discussions in the common council meeting notes available on the city website.

http://buffalony.iqm2.com/Citizens/Default.aspx

I am calling on the City of Buffalo to RESOLVE THIS SITUATION IMMEDIATELY. It is absolutely unacceptable that issues like this are being ignored. I have started to look into political contributions to those on the Buffalo common council and will update with my findings.