Thread: Just how dumb is the average WNY voter?

Just how dumb is the average WNY voter?

The Toronto Blue Jays are unable to play their home games this season in Toronto. So they are looking for a home. One location that was considered was Buffalo. Buffalo is the AAA farm team and games Sahlen Field will be empty this summer. Seems like a good fit...

Then you get into the real challenges. Sahlen Field doesn't have the lighting required for night games and Toronto will have 20 of them. It would take weeks if not months and cost millions to upgrade the lighting. Sahlen Field also does not have near the same quality of facilities that MLB players demand. In order to even try to make things work they would need to construct temporary facilities.

Players and the Blue Jays organization both agree it's just not good enough and at the end of the day it's not a match. Sahlen Field is simply not at the level needed to host an entire MLB season...even a short one. It's been decided that Buffalo is out. Final decision.

Then a few days after you get the Buffalo News and Shyster Schumer spreading a false narrative:

Schumer to MLB boss: Bring Blue Jays to Buffalo

In this, Shyster goes on to say:

“Buffalo is the natural place for the Blue Jays to play the 2020 season – it is near Toronto, Sahlen Field is top notch, and the Buffalo fan base is major league quality," Schumer said. “I told my friend Commissioner Manfred that not only is the city ready to welcome the team with wide-open arms, the partnership between Buffalo and the Blue Jays would be a home run for the city, the team, MLB and the local economy.”

Of course Shyster ignores the the very real issues as to why Buffalo won't be home. He of course only makes this call after it has been decided and the local dish rag of a newspaper is happy to give him an article showing just how hard he is working for the people in Buffalo.

It's a big con.

This is just like when Shyster had a story about calls he made to get Buffalo non-stop flights to SFO. Anyone with the common sense of an 8th grader realizes that flights are based on demand and there isn't enough to justify a direct flight. But still the Buffalo News ran a story about how the Shyster was working hard for the hard working people in WNY.

You folks who vote for this guy are idiots. The folks who vote for the other person and stay after the Shyster wins...well that's just confusing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just how dumb is the average WNY voter?
    Ever see those "hold my beer" meme's?

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Ever see those "hold my beer" meme's?

I don't get it.
    ON A SCALE OF 1-10 ?? about a 3.
    Same career politicians keep elected people are trained mostly to vote along Party Lines...Too difficult or LAZY for them to think for themselves...Sooo... Party Leaders think for them!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's to the point of unbelievable. I just had a woman on face book tell me "give the f up"

I posted on a buffalo news story about Cuomo giving covid aid to other states.

Top Fan

Tony Fracasso Remember who supports him. The ecdems.com

who also have many card carrying members on our local town boards. They might say they don't support his nonsense but they are active getting him elected come election time.

So when you hear the local town boards say they are having budget shortfalls ask them what is up with Cuomo giving our money to other states.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    “...the rosy assessment [Trump] issued at a White House news briefing — alone at the lectern without any top public health experts — was undermined by the alarming reality that on Wednesday, almost every metric showed just how badly America is losing its fight against the virus.”

https://www.facebook.com/eriecountydemocraticcommittee

Amid rising coronavirus deaths, Trump paints a rosy picture of America’s present and future

President Trump painted a wishful view Wednesday of the U.S. response to the coronavirus pandemic, in which existing treatments can almost cure patients flooding hospitals, all schools will safely reopen this fall, and the country’s soaring cases are confined to a handful of states.

But the rosy assessment he issued at a White House news briefing — alone at the lectern without any top public health experts — was undermined by the alarming reality that on Wednesday, almost every metric showed just how badly America is losing its fight against the virus.

The number of daily deaths on Wednesday surpassed 1,100, the first time that mark had been reached since May 29. And total deaths in the United States since the start of the pandemic increased to more than 140,000.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...2ihtiobyLBCMvw

Well I'll be damned. Buffalo landed the games. Players are pissssed but good for Buffalo. Shame fans can't watch in the park.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How about that. Not a bad thing.

Leftie,this has nothing to do with Schumer and everything to do with the fact that MLB was up against the wall and had no other options.

Thread Information