Thread: Canisius

Canisius

Lots of layoffs coming to Canisius. They had problems before the virus but that just make matters worse. They should be like UB. I’ve heard that they’re screwing around with kids schedules to give them 4 courses they can take on-line but 1 they’ll have to be local to take and they’re pressuring the kids to live in the dorms to take that one class so they can collect room and board money.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Doesn't the school have some savings banked away for rainy days? Can't they use that to get them through the slump?

I understand that they were carrying a lot of debt due to (over)expansion in the past. The virus and the bizarre actions of Il Douche caught their with their britches unhitched. I hear the St Bona & Niagara aren’t as bad off.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Lots of layoffs coming to Canisius. They had problems before the virus but that just make matters worse. They should be like UB. I’ve heard that they’re screwing around with kids schedules to give them 4 courses they can take on-line but 1 they’ll have to be local to take and they’re pressuring the kids to live in the dorms to take that one class so they can collect room and board money.
    How can they “be like UB”? Have free tuition ?

No. Screw around with student schedules to make out of town students appear for 1 out of 5 courses and then strong arm them into room and board contracts for 1 course. That’s Il Douche’s latest money making scheme. I don’t think UB has “free tuition”. If it did it wouldn’t have tuition.

Thread Information