Thread: Westwood

Westwood

So it looks like a deal: Kulpa gives the developers of Westwood prime recreational space in the town depriving Amherst residents of frequently used, popular family recreational sites and gets a brownfield in return. And when they lie and tell you it’s not really a brownfield, just read the giant sign at the corner of Maple Road and Youngs Road announcing to all the world that it is, in fact. Have fun sitting at your idiotic community theatre you fat toad. And by the way, did I read that you were giving the developers cash, too?

Sign is at Sheridan & Youngs. Sorry.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Amherst seeks new 18-hole layout to replace Audubon Golf Course

The Audubon Golf Course is on borrowed time.

Could a bland, rundown course tucked into northwest Amherst that didn't even open this year replace it?

An ambitious proposal calls for carving up Audubon, the town's only 18-hole municipal golf course, over the next decade to make way for commercial and residential construction, new sports fields and courts, a community park and a virtual reality golf experience.

Supervisor Brian J. Kulpa has promised teed-off golfers that the town will find a new 18-hole layout to replace Audubon, and last week he revealed more details on how that may work.
    https://buffalonews.com/news/local/a...101sYb9pl5bypQ

Well Brian seems to be proactive

So we gave away an 18 hole golf course in return for an unremediated brownfield and now we’re gonna spend more taxpayer money to buy a crappy golf course that is so bad it can’t even stay open. Hell of a deal! This clown is slowly destroying all recreational facilities in the Town of Amherst. I understand that one of fatso’s plans for the brownfield is some type of community theatre. I know that the residents of Amherst have been clamoring for a community theatre for years because there aren’t nearly enough theatres in this area that are struggling already. If the town actually goes through with this foolishness I suggest that they name it after Kulpa, the Theatre of the Absurd would be fitting. I’m no fan of term limits but every now and then some clown like this jackass comes along and eloquently makes the case for them.

https://amhersttimes.com/open-message-to-town-board/
    Looks like the Amherst taxpayers are getting swindled out of valuable land ...by either dimwitted corrupt politicians ...making backroom deals primarily in seclusion to avoid the inevitable backlash of criticism that will bee to late, after the deal is signed , sealed and delivered. Why not put this public issue up for referendum? Because those board members and Town Supv. will lose out on their kickback from the developers/Mensch?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    So we gave away an 18 hole golf course in return for an unremediated brownfield and now we’re gonna spend more taxpayer money to buy a crappy golf course that is so bad it can’t even stay open. Hell of a deal! This clown is slowly destroying all recreational facilities in the Town of Amherst. I understand that one of fatso’s plans for the brownfield is some type of community theatre. I know that the residents of Amherst have been clamoring for a community theatre for years because there aren’t nearly enough theatres in this area that are struggling already. If the town actually goes through with this foolishness I suggest that they name it after Kulpa, the Theatre of the Absurd would be fitting. I’m no fan of term limits but every now and then some clown like this jackass comes along and eloquently makes the case for them.

Amherst HAS term limits. This is the Supervisor's first term. There is a two-term limit.
    Even as a great rock is not shaken by the wind, the wise man is not shaken by praise or by blame.

I know that Amherst has term limits. My point was only that I typically oppose them but that a clown like Kulpa makes a case for them merely by his disastrous misadministation.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post

Like you Grump I have never trusted Mensch Capital Partners with this deal. I have been told some stories about the owners of Westwood that are pretty amusing and make the name ironic.

That said, I do have a question. If the Westwood course was fully remediated and money grew on trees, do you have an issue with the general plan? It's not going to happen of course, because money doesn't grow on trees and it's government doing the project....but I do think an updated Glen Oak would be a better 18 than Audubon. I think the land around Northtown/UB is better for office/housing/mixed-use than baseball fields.

I don't know how Park CC is doing but looking at this over a long, long period of time...if they could have a trail that connected UB to the Village that would be pretty amazing. You could follow Ellicott Creek all the way sans the Park land. But that isn't happening. Just figured I'd share.

Tell you what...I follow WNY less and less now that I have unloaded property but man am I happy I don't live there when I read stuff like this.

If $ grew on trees I’d live in the forest. I don’t blame the Mensch group for this. As PT Barnum reminded us there’s a sucker born every minute and we have one sitting in the Supervisors office...but not very often because he spends most of his time at his other job. They’re getting whatever they can and everything they want and I don’t blame them one bit. The reason this disaster is moving now is because Barry Weinstein wouldn’t trade all that recreational space for a chemical dump. Planner Kulpa will. When they build the theatre they can have a house theatre group that regularly performs “Arsenic and Old Lace”. I understand that arsenic is one of the main poisons buried there. Park CC seems to be doing fine. But there’s a trail that runs from the village almost to UB on an old railroad right of way I think.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    but not very often because he spends most of his time at his other job.
    What are you talking about? In my opinion a supervisor of any town is a full time position. How many hours is he devoting to the position? I've been told to shut up and run for town board. I just don't have enough time. All I do is work.

Thread Information