As I write this there is still no decision whether the Bills will play the Titans Sunday because of the Covid outbreak on the Titans. The usual suspects on WGR don’t want a forfeit in favor of the Bills because they’ll have an * on their record. I think there should be a forfeit and that the Titans be forced to pay the Bills their game checks. It’s not just about Covid here. The Titans head coach comes from the Bellicheat coaching tree. The Titans had the outbreak because they held “unofficial” practices during the league imposed Covid lockdown period. In other words they broke the rules. What’s the league to do? Fine them? Everyone knows NFL teams print money and a fine would be a pinprick. Take away draft choices? How many do you have to take away to make it hurt? And that’s a penalty in the future that may not even be paid by the ones who broke the rules. As I’ve said before the only analytic that matters is wins and losses. You start taking handing out losses and that hurts the guys who actually broke the rules and it hurts right now. So far the league has managed to isolate the Bellicheat phenomenon in New England. But if they don’t land on this HARD right now the infection of “Bellicheat”-ism will spread. That’s more dangerous to the health of the league long term than Covid could ever be.