Thread: Cheektowaga Central re vote, on same budget

Cheektowaga Central re vote, on same budget

Cheektowaga's $47.2 million budget that would have raised taxes 1.84% went down by 49 votes. Superintendent Mary Morris said the school board will send the same budget to voters this month.

"It was a conservative budget to begin with," she said.

Should the budget be defeated again, the district would have to approve a contingency budget that would cut $630,000. The tax levy on contingency budgets cannot be larger than the previous year's levy. Contingency budgets also prevent districts from buying equipment and the public use of school buildings except when there is no cost to the district.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm confused. If the budget was voted down why is it going back to be revoted on? It went down by 49 votes why is it being voted on again this month?

Gov. Andrew Cuomo will allow school districts that lose their budget votes on June 16 to hold a second vote, apparently responding to concerns that districts would have to make steep spending cuts if forced to adopt contingency budgets.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/edu...il/5335843002/

Georgia L Schlager

It's an in person vote. So probably less voters

Georgia L Schlager

Years back if a school budget was voted down it was voted on again until it went through. This school dist. has the lowest-paid teachers in wny I would like to know what the hell do with this money. I believe they are taking care of a certain bunch that runs the school with money. Just yesterday it was revealed five different school staff are receiving extra money because they do a good job. BS.. The problem is its the same people getting it year after year. I think you need a control board to step in and start looking at the BS that is going on in this dist year after year.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

" make steep spending cuts"

LOL. Ever look at the contingency budget numbers compared to the one they want? The spending is never that much less and usually is still an increase over the previous budget.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    " make steep spending cuts"

LOL. Ever look at the contingency budget numbers compared to the one they want? The spending is never that much less and usually is still an increase over the previous budget.
    It's called BS.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I did my duty and voted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It passed.

Now the score is 1 to 1.

I wonder when the 3rd vote for the budget is going to be. I'm assuming in 30 or so days.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It passed.

Now the score is 1 to 1.

I wonder when the 3rd vote for the budget is going to be. I'm assuming in 30 or so days.
    So why even bother of going through the show of having a vote? For school budgets it doesn’t matter now, just shove it down our throats or up our asses and say here ya go. Save the farce and the money from having a vote

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I didn't realize you can have a redo like that. So when Trump wins come 2020 are we going to have another vote 30 days later?

I'm surprised the town board doesn't step up to the plate and say "What is this BS going on? The property owners voted it down when it was supposed to be voted on. "

That school dist. needs to be investigated on what the hell they do with tax money. How does the dist tell teachers you have $12.00 for the year to spend on your class. Now they are telling teachers to use there own money to by supplies.. Telling parents kids only need a mask to attend class. I told one teacher I know tell them to stick their supplies let them buy them. Where does the money go. aThe good old boys club for people they like get raises.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Cheek you make no sense. You complain about Tom B comments about government workers yet here you are making the comment ""The good old boys club for people they like get raises. "

The good old boys club for the most part is the public service unions. All of them. We can always find an example of the small group of public sector people making lower wages but the majority do fine along with good benefits.

Thread Information