Thread: The Race For NY 27: "Is Something Wrong Again?"

The Race For NY 27: "Is Something Wrong Again?"

by: News 4 Staff
    Posted: / Updated:

ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)–Erie County District Attorney John Flynn has received a complaint against Senator Chris Jacobs.
    The complaint against Jacobs is for alleged voter and elections fraud.

Flynn is now reviewing the complaints.
    News 4’s Dave Greber has exclusively obtained documents from the complaint.
    Jacobs is currently a candidate in next week’s Republican primary in the 27th congressional district.
    We sat down with Senator Jacobs to discuss the primary last night, you can watch that here.
    This is a developing story, check back for updates.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Reference: https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...lection-fraud/
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 18th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

At this point in time, this appears to be a fluid situation, and, Mr. Jacobs certainly is entitled to a full presumption of innocence.

With that being said, as far as Jacob's designation as the Republican candidate in the NY 27 Special Election, I still believe that the lack of both power-holder transparency and input of the Republican grassroots perhaps seriously flawed the process.

Now, more than ever, NY 27 needs to send to Congress a representative who enjoys the full confidence of the people of NY 27; who departs from the recent Republican candidate selection process, and above all, whose views and intentions are clear, exact , and untainted by "pale pastels."

In that regard, I have been and continue to be proud to fully support Beth Parlato for Congress.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

It's just too bad that Parlato didn't fully research the accusation prior to presenting it to the DA. It just makes her look bad.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It's just too bad that Parlato didn't fully research the accusation prior to presenting it to the DA. It just makes her look bad.
    I thought that Flynn's comments were rather curious, in that I perceive them to have seemingly departed from a strict discussion of evidence and merits. His words suggested to me the possible specter of presumptuous speculation.

Kind of reminded me of Comey's July 5, 2016 "exoneration" of Hillary Clinton.

I am not a fan of the bi-partisan Swamp, and I think that the entire Republican Establishment process for designating a candidate in the NY 27 Special Election stunk and smacked of elitist manipulation. That process seemed to lack the input of the grassroots, and in my mind, now serves as an illustration as to why I left the party after over four decades of membership.

Curious, but does not Flynn hold the 2020 Republican endorsement for D.A.?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 20th, 2020 at 09:18 AM.

Anyone do any early voting? I just did and I did not see anyone disinfect the stylus after I signed the I-Pad.
    Maybe, I missed it but with 298 local Covid cases, one would think it would be automatic as soon the stylus hits the table.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Anyone do any early voting? I just did and I did not see anyone disinfect the stylus after I signed the I-Pad.
    Maybe, I missed it but with 298 local Covid cases, one would think it would be automatic as soon the stylus hits the table.
    Hell Gorja, my wife mailed the applications for our absentee ballots in at the same time, same place. She got hers Friday, but I have not.

Looks like a visit to the polling place for me Tuesday, so thank you for the heads-up.

Thread Information