Thread: Wendt Beach "Public Access" preserved!

Wendt Beach "Public Access" preserved!

I see that some members of the public created their own form of access over at Wendt Beach in the past couple of days. Breaking into the building, stripping copper pipe, letting water run all over the place ... nice. Just curious, is this the type of "public access" those who opposed the re-development of this property had in mind when they helped nix the master plan for success at Wendt Beach? In the interest of preserving the public's access to the site, these nere-do-well's scuttled a plan for success that would have ended the decay of the wonderful resource. As I recall, everyone got worked up over the fact that the public wouldn't be able to access the mansion should it be turned into a bed and breakfast. Well, I guess the public still has access ... I expect a flurry of condemnation to come out over this brazen act, as it is working towards further restrictions on the public's right to enjoy this resource (ie: the next time the public accesses the building, who knows what kind of damage will be done...), but I won't hold my breath. Had the development plan been given a chance, we wouldn't be dealing with situations like this. Another example of 'progress' for Evans.

Still shaking my head,

-SmokeyB

Wendt tragedy

I am more concerned that a crime like that happened out here. It isn't uncommon in the city....BUT this is getting close to an area of summer residents who leave homes unoccuppied. It shows how vulnerable we ALL are when it comes to crime.

Last word....

I got it
    DxNxTx

THE VOICE OF EVANS!

Thread Information