Thread: Sabres out of Playoffs Again

Sabres out of Playoffs Again

Freddy kruger and company out of the palyoffs for this season after another waste of a year.The regular season would be declared over for the hopeless sabres three ponits behind the canadiens. There will be a three week training camp for the playoff bound teams then the playoffs would start lasting until sept. There will be no fans present at any of these games
    So old money bags can cry again about money and Jack and company can continue to play golf. Where does this leave Freddy Kruger for next season hopefully riding on the zamboni

Nhl gets ready for playoffs
    The NHLPA Executive Board has authorized further negotiations with the NHL on a 24-team return to play format, subject to reaching an overall agreement with the League on resuming the 2019-20 season:
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Don’t fret Cheekman. Botterill will be back next year to keep the ball rolling...no, wait...to keep the puck sliding.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Don’t fret Cheekman. Botterill will be back next year to keep the ball rolling...no, wait...to keep the puck sliding.
    yep grumpy money bags said today he will return for next years waste of a season . Puck heads and sabres die hards want this guys head.

OMG looks who is crying now Jack,Jack, no playoffs in five years for me. hahahaha this guy will be asked to be traded soon. Jack and your not going next year. Stop crying and move on if you dont want to play here. Your crying like your boss money bags he is not making enough money. suck it up.

botterills shot at new tone just sounds like a old one. "Long term planning'' another one he has done nothing here. This is where you have a owner running two pro sport teams and has no idea what he is doing.

freddy krueger zoom conference from his summer home in Sweden to enjoy nature during the off season. should of hung around here to watch the riot in the city you could see nature running. who bought that house money bags? Krueger is angered at this seasons results finishing 25th and missing the playoffs for the ninth year in a row. maybe they can break the bills record. He said he has to be better next year. As a coach and leader. on jacks comments of being fed up (cry baby) he said he has no issue with it. of course not just what he don't need is to step on jacks toes. Jack is a cry baby I would of told him suck it up punk stop crying and play harder and get your teammates not to give up after the second period. what a bunch money bags, jack jack, freddy, and botterill just not going anywhere with that bunch.

Here we go Training camps to open on July 10th for the scaled down playoofs. No fans will be allowed in to see the games. Round robin competion 16 teams will
    play best of five rounds. top four teams in each of the east and west facing off in a round robin competion to detertmine top four seeds. on ice training will be limited to six players on the ice no more than that at one time. why bother with this stuff. a joke.

sidebar tuff guy coach john tortorella has changed his tune in regards to players planning to protest the national anthem. he told the players
    he will not punish any player for protest. idiot I really dont know why all these people ar kissing these black peoples asses im not.

how about this money bags not going to like this crap. the NHL season might start on ny day. just before i post this how about these beer prices at the stores omg so cheap. A case of any beer u want for 14.00 bucks. the kid at the store tells me the beer people are hurting. because of all the the food places are closed. I stocked up for sure. beer and pop are so cheap why do these crooks at restaurants charge so much? their ripping u off two drafts at duffs 10.00 before covid. 10.00 or more for beer to fill money bags pockets at games and the stupid fans buy it. well, no fans this year.

hahahaha

The Sabres might not see the ice for the 2020-21 season until December, which appears to be the likely target date for training camp if the Stanley Cup is not awarded until early October. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman even floated a trial balloon that next season could start with the Winter Classic, the Jan. 1 game between St. Louis and Minnesota outdoors at Target Field in Minneapolis.
    Bettman never says anything off the cuff so that's clearly what he's thinking might happen. Assuming that's the case, is that going to be a new normal for the NHL? A Jan. 1 start, which would still have the Cup final pushing toward August, seems extreme. But the coronavirus pandemic is going to force the league's calendar to get moved into different places, and it might be better for the league in the long term.
    I have long been a proponent of an earlier start to the season, cutting down the preseason to open the regular schedule around Sept. 20 so that the Cup final is wrapped up by Memorial Day. This entire situation has given me pause – pun intended – to rethink that position.
    A later start to the schedule makes sense and this situation might be the impetus for the NHL to move on it. Assuming health issues allow, it will be interesting to see how things go here in July and August as the players get back on the ice.

Sabes fired Botterill.

grumpy they must read my posts all this time and finally someone woke up. Guy was useless. now that's all this team needs is a new owner and coach. how about mrs. money bags looking like she crawled out of bed. now money bags is looking to cut costs I can only shake my head at this guy.

owners Terry and Kim Pegula reversed course by firing general manager Jason Botterill on Tuesday as part of a drastic cost-cutting purge of front-office staff and scouts on a team preparing to sit idle for what could be the remainder of the calendar year.

The Pegulas cited a lack of communication and philosophical differences in announcing the decision to fire Botterill, three weeks after saying the GM would be retained.

What also became clear during a Zoom conference call with the owners was their sudden focus on keeping costs in line, with Terry Pegula twice mentioning a need to have an effectively, efficiently and economically run franchise, while adding: ''We're going to get leaner.''
    Last edited by cheekman; June 17th, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

oh boy, freddy krueger will get more power over the team after the sabers purge. So money bags is being cheap downsizing hockey operations and giving freddy more power .

So now you have the new gm adams,freddy and kim puglua running the sabres. good luck.

So Entercom has fired Paul Hamilton. The only decent hockey reporter in western New York is now unemployed. He has more hockey knowledge in the toenail of his left big toe than Schopp and the Bulldog have and will acquire in 6 lifetimes. What a loss for local hockey fans. (For that matter he had more sports knowledge in all areas than those other 2 bags will ever acquire!)

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    So Entercom has fired Paul Hamilton. The only decent hockey reporter in western New York is now unemployed. He has more hockey knowledge in the toenail of his left big toe than Schopp and the Bulldog have and will acquire in 6 lifetimes. What a loss for local hockey fans. (For that matter he had more sports knowledge in all areas than those other 2 bags will ever acquire!)
    Hamilton sucked. Schopp is a bigger a-hoie but he is just a talking head. Different jobs. Hamilton may have hockey knowledge but he didn't use it. He was so miserable that nobody wanted to talk to him and because of that he had no insider information. Nothing he provided was of value because everything he provided was accessible 30 different ways. He is just like Jerry Sullivan, two old and miserable SOBs who don't understand why they are unemployable.

I'll put it another way. If Hamilton is as good as you suggest, he will be able to start a podcast and freelance his reporting to make a living because there are multiple people who do that currently. But, like Sullivan, he is going to realize nobody wants to hear from him and he was just being forced fed to Buffalo fans for years.

Get off my lawn!

Gee Leftie, I didn’t say he was Elliotte Friedman. I said he was the only decent hockey reporter in western New York. I’m hard pressed to think of one better, maybe Mike Harrington. Actually, I will agree that to say that he has more knowledge than Schopp and the Bulldog is to damn with faint praise. But I must confess that, in the last 18 months, I’ve only listened to those two clods when I’m a captive in someone else’s car. I finally became sickened by Schopp’s compulsive hand washing in analytics which he threw out there with recklessness. Oftentimes on the same show he did his singsong on analytics that “proved” exactly the opposite conclusions. I’m no sports talk expert and I’m not in Mensa but it always seemed to me that the only analytic that matters is wins and losses. And I wouldn’t put Paul Hamilton in the same (lack of) class as Jerry Sullivan. Hamilton always seemed like a nice guy and he conducted himself as a gentleman on the air. Sullivan is just a plain ordinary *******.

Thread Information