Thread: Here We Go: The Primary Election For NY 27

Here We Go: The Primary Election For NY 27

From The Buffalo News...

Opponents Charge Jacobs With Ducking Televised Primary Debate

By Robert J. McCarthy

NEWS POLITICAL REPORTER

Republican challengers in the June 23 Republican primary for NY-27 are jabbing at endorsed candidate Christopher L. Jacobs, claiming he is ducking a debate sought by WIVB-TV.

Beth A. Parlato and Stefan I. Mychajliw Jr. say they agreed to a full-fledged debate among the trio on June 16, but that Jacobs will participate only in an “interview” format with Channel 4 reporters.

On Saturday, Parlato launched the criticism of Jacobs – the state senator from Orchard Park – for avoiding the potential of direct confrontation with his opponents.

“The career politician is refusing to debate me. Why? What is he hiding? Is he afraid that his liberal voting record will be exposed?” she asked. “If Jacobs is refusing to debate me, how can he debate anyone or stand up for anything in Congress?

“If he can’t even debate me, he certainly doesn’t have what it takes to stand up to AOC, Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer,” she added, referring to Democratic leaders in Congress.

Parlato, a family law attorney and former Darien town justice, said Channel 4 suggested the debate against her primary challengers several weeks ago and she accepted. On Friday, she said Channel 4 told her the debate is canceled because Jacobs refused the format.

Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 18th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    From The Buffalo News...
    I was so disappointed in hearing Chris Jacobs political views have been incongruent with the GOP or Conservative platform(s). I have seen his views going more left and that is a dangerous path he is on.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I was so disappointed in hearing Chris Jacobs political views have been incongruent with the GOP or Conservative platform(s). I have seen his views going more left and that is a dangerous path he is on.
    Not a big fan of Jacobs, but simply can not abide McMurray.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Chris Jacobs (@JacobsNY27) will be a tremendous Congressman who will always fight for New York. He is Strong on the Border, our Military and Vets, and the Second Amendment. Chris has my Complete and Total Endorsement! Vote for Chris on June 23! #NY27 https://t.co/LYowAxQqfp

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 2, 2020

I am deeply honored to have the support of our President for the upcoming primary election,
    and I’m proud to be the only candidate to carry his endorsement for this district. Western New
    York needs a conservative leader in Congress to fight for our values, and our President needs an
    ally who will help him fight for all Americans as we rebuild our nation, Our President has put his trust in me and knows I am the leader he needs in Washington with him working to get tough on China, secure our borders, and build our economy. I look forward to working everyday to help him accomplish his America First Agenda.”

CHRIS JACOBS

What's the next level Senator, The House of Lords?

BTW, in his return message, Senator Jacobs does not appear to confirm support for President Trump in the area of the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 2nd, 2020 at 03:12 PM.

Thread Information