Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LHS ranked in top 9% of high schools nationally

Il Douche’s interest in remote learning has nothing to do with learning and everything to do with revenge. Back in ‘90 or ‘91 Il Douche I had New York State tottering on the edge of bankruptcy due to his mismanagement of state finances. Part way through the school year he slashed school aid, causing the layoffs of public school teachers across the state. I remember it well because my little brother got whacked in the cuts. In the next gubernatorial election the teachers helped turn Il Douche I out of office in favor of Pataki. Il Douche II’s hatred of the teachers has festered ever since. This dalliance with the mystified Bill Gates should not be taken lightly. Il Douche II would gladly destroy public education to have his revenge and don’t forget, there’s plenty of room for payola here too.
    Last edited by grump; May 11th, 2020 at 06:14 PM.

My daughter is a NYS educator. She teaches AP classes. Her work load since teaching remotely, increased exponentially. She had to retrofit her curriculum and now she is working from 7:30 in the morning to 7 pm and on weekends 9 until 5 Saturday and Sunday. She is exhausted. Her colleagues are working just as much. The students are the ones struggling the most. My grandsons 10 & 11 hate learning from home remotely. They miss the social aspect, the interactions in person with their teachers, and the physicality of sports and PE. The kids are frustrated & bored. They are given several opportunities to retake quizzes. My grandsons said to me that they are not challenged and feel they are not learning as well.

The parents are so tired and frustrated too. Between their work load and managing the children's school load - has brought much turmoil to the household(s).

My daughter misses her classroom and the interaction with the students. Due to this remote teaching/learning, she said that educators cannot foresee students struggling because they do not have that necessary visual to chart the behaviors.

She hates it and is very concerned that this might be the "new norm."

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    My grandsons 10 & 11 hate learning from home remotely.
    If this is a part of the much heralded "New Normal," it is very concerning:

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-to-cuomo.html
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

short stuff, read my text #16 from above. This is wholly and solely Cuomo’s motivation here. His hatred of teachers has been festering for almost 30 years and he will happily destroy public education in New York State to get his revenge. Your daughter and her union buddies had better realize it before it’s too late.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If this is a part of the much heralded "New Normal," it is very concerning:

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus...-to-cuomo.html

I just finished reading that article you posted. The Gates Foundation was instrumental in the implementation of Common Core Initiative. That was a failure for most but there is a percentage of students who had the full grasp of the fundamentals of Common Core. The fact that Cuomo has "again" placed those two head of this new normal initiative is absurd. Children should never be forced to be in front of a monitor for 8 hours every day. There are some neurological ramifications to that. Children should not be permitted to be seated in front of a monitor for that duration without some physical activity involved. As for those who teach lab like my daughter, you can't teach lab on a monitor, that impossible.

Unions & teachers need to put fear aside and forge forward and tackle this head on. Cuomo is very intentional, and if he wants this, he will do whatever it takes to achieve his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    short stuff, read my text #16 from above. This is wholly and solely Cuomo’s motivation here. His hatred of teachers has been festering for almost 30 years and he will happily destroy public education in New York State to get his revenge. Your daughter and her union buddies had better realize it before it’s too late.
    You are spot on grump. Cuomo has one agenda, it is his agenda. He isn't about the liberal agenda anymore. He loves this newfound power, it gives him great control over his constituents. I think he has lost his mind, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information