Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NYS Law: Illegal to block side street. doesnt apply in Williamsville?!

NYS Law: Illegal to block side street. doesnt apply in Williamsville?!

Ugh! This is rediculous! I have been honked at, yelled at, I even had some rich snobby person in a Mercedes come up to my window and yell at me! cause i stopped BEFORE a side street so I wouldnt BLOCK the side street. Do people in amherst NOT reailse, that if a person dies, because you were stuck in traffic and blocking the side street and EMS couldnt get to said person in time you could and probably will be charged with involuntary man slaughter?! Not to mention is rude to other drivers. I mean, Very Very rarely have I ever blocked a side street when stuck in traffic. regardless of where I am. And yet im the bad person cause I refuse to move up that 100ft. WTF?! Maybe, if the town needs more money, they should start ticketing those who are blocking side streets when stuck in traffic.

Some may say well its not their fault. Take responsibility for your actions! If traffic is so backed up that you pulling forward will cause you to block a side street thats YOUR fault. Stop BEFORE the intersection.

And another thing, I thought you were only allowed ONE car in the left hand turning lane? Now their squeezing two or three? which causes a delay when the other cross street light turns green cause everyone has to wait for those cars to move. Not to mention it causes a danger to other drivers. One car under the light. If the light turns red, that car stuck in the middle goes, and ONLY that car goes, not the one or two cars behind him. Seems to me the people who pull this crap are all driving cars worth more than 40K. call that a bit 'racist against rich people' but its true. More often than not, its a lexus or mercedes that turns ILLEGALLY behind another car.

I actually think you may be at fault here for not knowing that Amherst is a "Me First" town and common courtesy is frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by FMD
    Ugh! This is rediculous! I have been honked at, yelled at, I even had some rich snobby person in a Mercedes come up to my window and yell at me! cause i stopped BEFORE a side street so I wouldnt BLOCK the side street. Do people in amherst NOT reailse, that if a person dies, because you were stuck in traffic and blocking the side street and EMS couldnt get to said person in time you could and probably will be charged with involuntary man slaughter?! Not to mention is rude to other drivers. I mean, Very Very rarely have I ever blocked a side street when stuck in traffic. regardless of where I am. And yet im the bad person cause I refuse to move up that 100ft. WTF?! Maybe, if the town needs more money, they should start ticketing those who are blocking side streets when stuck in traffic.

Some may say well its not their fault. Take responsibility for your actions! If traffic is so backed up that you pulling forward will cause you to block a side street thats YOUR fault. Stop BEFORE the intersection.

And another thing, I thought you were only allowed ONE car in the left hand turning lane? Now their squeezing two or three? which causes a delay when the other cross street light turns green cause everyone has to wait for those cars to move. Not to mention it causes a danger to other drivers. One car under the light. If the light turns red, that car stuck in the middle goes, and ONLY that car goes, not the one or two cars behind him. Seems to me the people who pull this crap are all driving cars worth more than 40K. call that a bit 'racist against rich people' but its true. More often than not, its a lexus or mercedes that turns ILLEGALLY behind another car.
    Were you, by any chance, on Main Street in Williamsville? That is one rude street. I was parallel parked there the other day and getting back into my car when someone honked and gave me the finger for not doing so fast enough. Guess I impeded his progress.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Were you, by any chance, on Main Street in Williamsville? That is one rude street. I was parallel parked there the other day and getting back into my car when someone honked and gave me the finger for not doing so fast enough. Guess I impeded his progress.
    That was probably me giving you the finger.... haha jk

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    I don't think this attitude is exclusive of Amherst, their flipping fingers are just more blingy.
    I back into my driveway everyday. There's a stop sign 2 doors from my driveway, that usually means one is supposed to stop. I can't tell you how many people will flip me the finger because I'm waiting to back into my driveway. It isn't as if I'm in the middle of the road blocking traffic, I'm almost on my grass. I find that it's usually the people that don't come to a full stop that flip me off.

Quote Originally Posted by crabapples
    That was probably me giving you the finger.... haha jk
    Bad boy!

Ill be the first admit i dont come to a full stop at most stop signs. But I also make sure all ways are clear before rolling forward. But I think the people on main street are out and out RUDE and disrespectful. I dunno. I am the kinda person that lets people out. I let them get into their car and pull away... I hardly ever use my horn. I have yet to use it this year! I dont flash people, I dont do alot of the bs that goes on... tho I do yet at the retards on the roads.... the ones that, when your pulling out of a parking lot, they wait till no traffic is coming for 2 blocks before they pull out.... But I think, instead of raisign taxes, they should start nailing main street.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You want insanity? Observe Galleria drive onto Union road holiday season. Across from like circut city/sams club....

I refuse to park my vehical in the galleria mall parking Lot. I have 0 door dings after 3yrs, id like to keep it that way.

Unregistered
    Just do the right thing, as I do. Very calmly step out of your vehicle, approach the person who is agitated with you, smile, and then beat the living crap out of them. It'll make you feel better every time.

I have found putting it in park to be far more theraputic

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA
    Just do the right thing, as I do. Very calmly step out of your vehicle, approach the person who is agitated with you, smile, and then beat the living crap out of them. It'll make you feel better every time.
    Remember the ads for the "trunk monkey"? A big guy was screaming at this poor driver, so the driver signals his trunk monkey that sneaks out the back with a crowbar and beats the crap out of the other guy, then dumps his body in the river?

good ole violence in advertising. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    You want insanity? Observe Galleria drive onto Union road holiday season. Across from like circut city/sams club....
    This past November it took me 40 minutes to get from the old Apple Bee's on Union to JC Penney's Salon by the time I found a parking spot. I try to stay off Union Road Thursday thru Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    Remember the ads for the "trunk monkey"? A big guy was screaming at this poor driver, so the driver signals his trunk monkey that sneaks out the back with a crowbar and beats the crap out of the other guy, then dumps his body in the river?

good ole violence in advertising. I love it.
    Some days I would really want one

Unregistered

Be Very Careful.

Whereas it's proper to not block a side street, DON'T ever wave someone out into traffic. The same goes for letting someone out of a parking lot. If you give another driver "the go-ahead by waving them out into traffic, and they are involved in a collision as a result of it, YOU CAN BE SUED! Always let the driver use their own judgment. It's a sue happy world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information