Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The NYS disaster

Read very carefully the reports in the piece of **** that passes for a newspaper in this city. The caption on today’s story, meant to induce more Covid panic, stated that deaths are “ soaring” in Erie County. That “soaring” death toll was 9; that’s right, 9! That’s less ran 1/100,000th of the county’s population. Soaring, indeed. That’s not reporting; it’s terror mongering and they should be ashamed of themselves. But we are talking about the Buffalo News.
    Last edited by grump; November 19th, 2020 at 10:27 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump

I’d never watched one of his pressers or his performances with his sister, Fredo, because every word that emanates from the man’s mouth is a lie. I did watch this because I heard, even from Democratic Totalitarians, what a prick he was in this performance. The statewide rate is about 2.5 %. The rates in the schools are far lower. His arbitrary and idiotic rule closing bars at 10 pm became farce overnight. I keep hearing about mass groups of people meeting without masks. Other that the Cuomo family, for who such meetings are routine, I’ve never seen any proof of it, other than unsupported anecdotal stories, most of which are related by one of the worst liars to have ever trod the Earth. Everywhere I go people are masked and social distancing. It’s the same thing everyone else sees. What if it turns out that “social distancing” and masking are nothing but horse****. I don’t believe there ever has been a scientific study of the value of social distancing. It’s just assumed it works. And the studies of the effects of masking are all over the map. One question worth asking is why NYS has and has had the highest death rate in the country from this disease. My guess is that healthcare, like education and so many other things have been back burnered in NYS so that gobs of $$ are handed out to friends of Cuomo and other Democratic Totalitarians.

In post #121, I warned people that they have to read very carefully the “reporting” in the piece of **** that passes for a newspaper here. Today they devoted an article to the soon to be rising death toll from Coronavirus.

In support of their argument they spoke with an infectious disease professor at UB medical school. I know nothing about the guy they quoted. All I know is that he teaches at UB medical school and, as the rag repeatedly reminds us, it has a really fine atrium. In speaking about Coronavirus, the professor said, quoting from the rag, “With this, the majority of people don’t die right away.” That statement is factually correct; “(w)ith this” the majority of people don’t die at all! In fact fewer than 2% of those infected die, most of them over 75 years old. But the quote makes it sound as if most people who get Covid die a lingering death.

I wonder how long it took to draft a factually correct statement that, without a careful reading, so badly mischaracterizes the reality of the death toll from Covid. All designed to create more fear and panic in support of a Democratic Totalitarian despot.

Again, read the piece of **** that this city calls a newspaper very carefully when it comes to reporting on the Coronavirus. It has an interest in maintaining panic in support of the Democratic Totalitarian despot who sits in the governors mansion. Today it reported that the death toll is rising without reporting a single number in support of its statement. Instead it reported that our detestable failure of a county executive and the political hack that passes for a county health commissioner are doing the counting, trying mightily to figure out the death toll. Has there ever been a clearer case of the blind leading the infirm?

Cuomo has been talking up a flattening of Western New York the last few days. Drive through the business district of any city, town or village in the area, look at the darkened stores and closed facilities and you’ll know exactly what he means. It makes him proud.

So Cuomo is making noises about maybe, just maybe, allowing some fans at Bills playoff games. If it happens you know it’s gonna come with an invoice attached. Wonder who’ll have to pick up the tab to make it happen.

Now we find that the state is sitting on 400,000 doses of vaccine that could be distributed if there were a single competent person involved in the traveling clown show that passes for government in this state. Don’t discount the likelihood that the vaccine is being deliberately withheld to keep the “crisis “ alive in order to enable our totalitarian governor.

The evidence is accumulating that proves one of two things: either Cuomo is deliberately holding back the vaccine from New Yorkers in order to keep infection numbers unnecessarily high to justify his totalitarian control of the state, or, his administration is totally incompetent. In fact, these two things are not mutually exclusive. Both are likely at work. Florida is rolling out the vaccine at the rate of 823 per 100,000 of population while NYS is barely making 723/100,000. That’s lagging Florida by 14%. Then again, DeSantis has run circles around Cuomo on this stuff from Day 1, earning him the hatred of CNN & MSNBC.

As the reporting of the “surge” continues, more and more the focus is on deaths in nursing homes. There’s no question that nursing homes have carried a heavy burden throughout. But it bears keeping in mind, for all the newly discovered interest in the nursing homes by the likes of the clowns at One News Plaza, the death toll in nursing homes in New York right now is nowhere near the level of the slaughter that took place in March and April under Cuomo’s death.
    Last edited by grump; January 2nd, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

Cuomo took a burn at the reports of his incompetence in getting the vaccine into the arms of New Yorkers and he trotted out numbers that purport to show that New York is surpassing Florida in distributing the vaccine. Cuomo is obsessed with De Santis who has made a fool of him since March and always keep in mind that Cuomo is a liar of Clintonesque proportions and never should be believed in any event.

The facts are the facts, even Oklahoma and Connecticut are doing a better job of distributing the vaccine than is Cuomo. The roll of toilet paper that passes for a newspaper here felt the need to weigh in on the issue. It ended up trying to vindicate Cuomo for his continuing failure by pointing out that there are “only” 15 million doses of vaccine available right now anyhow so it’s not a failure to if it’s not getting distributed. It’s hard to grasp their point (they seldom have one in any event) but I guess they were saying that since there aren’t enough doses to vaccinate everyone we shouldn’t criticize Cuomo for his continuing failure to get the vaccine out.

That argument might have some snickerproof merit were it not for Cuomo’s continually stated position over the summer that he would do every thing in his power to prevent New Yorkers from getting the vaccine. And remember, the vaccine isn’t slow getting out in other states but there were decisions made to establish a hierarchy of recipients and that is a limited pool and it has to be completed before they can move on to plebeians like you and me.

Feeling immense heat over his continuing attempts to fulfill his oft stated goal of preventing New Yorkers from getting the vaccine to prevent Covid, our lying governor finally acknowledged that he will open up the vaccine to millions more New Yorkers including teachers, those over 75, police and others. Of course since he controls the supply of the vaccine he can continue to throttle access to it in order to keep infections high and maintain totalitarian control in New York. He should be removed completely from any role in distributing a vaccine that he vowed he would deny to New Yorkers.

Haven’t posted lately because it is pretty well recognized by now that Cuomo’s mismanagement of the corona virus has been epic. I’ve talked with people in other states, Florida and Texas eg, where people over 65 have been getting vaccine for weeks, where , while there are lines, the vaccine is actually being distributed, and where the death rate is 50% of that in New York. Couple of interesting things, finally last week Cuomo awakened to the fact that some organizations have the capacity to distribute the vaccine to their own members, Eg, the NYPD. Perhaps had he participated in the numerous planning video conferences held with HHS, CDC and the National Governors association he might have thought of that from the get go. But nah, better to spend the summer railing against the vaccine and telling people that they’ll die if the get it, that Trump is making it in the White House sink and vowing to prevent New Yorkers from getting it. And I guess he just lost the lawsuit brought by restaurant owners challenging the shutdown of indoor dining in areas where he chooses to arbitrarily declare it. His constant refrain that his decisions are driven by “the numbers” was just one more in the trove of lies he’s told throughout. The numbers show that indoor dining is of almost no danger as a cause of the spread. Contact tracing, that miracle of epidemiology, shows that beyond debate. His response in court? The state’s contact tracing is such an abject failure that it can’t be relied on for anything....unless he says so! The last time the court ruled against him like this he fired all the senior status judges in the court system the next day. Wonder who’ll get the axe this time. Remember in March his mantra “15 days to stop the spread”? It’s month 11 and he’s still leading the country in deaths by a mile and in death rate by 2 miles.
    Last edited by grump; January 13th, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Haven’t posted lately because it is pretty well recognized by now that Cuomo’s mismanagement of the corona virus has been epic. I’ve talked with people in other states, Florida and Texas eg, where people over 65 have been getting vaccine for weeks, where , while there are lines, the vaccine is actually being distributed, and where the death rate is 50% of that in New York. Couple of interesting things, finally last week Cuomo awakened to the fact that some organizations have the capacity to distribute the vaccine to their own members, Eg, the NYPD. Perhaps had he participated in the numerous planning video conferences held with HHS, CDC and the National Governors association he might have thought of that from the get go. But nah, better to spend the summer railing against the vaccine and telling people that they’ll die if the get it, that Trump is making it in the White House sink and vowing to prevent New Yorkers from getting it. And I guess he just lost the lawsuit brought by restaurant owners challenging the shutdown of indoor dining in areas where he chooses to arbitrarily declare it. His constant refrain that his decisions are driven by “the numbers” was just one more in the trove of lies he’s told throughout. The numbers show that indoor dining is of almost no danger as a cause of the spread. Contact tracing, that miracle of epidemiology, shows that beyond debate. His response in court? The state’s contact tracing is such an abject failure that it can’t be relied on for anything....unless he says so! The last time the court ruled against him like this he fired all the senior status judges in the court system the next day. Wonder who’ll get the axe this time. Remember in March his mantra “15 days to stop the spread”? It’s month 11 and he’s still leading the country in deaths by a mile and in death rate by 2 miles.
    It really makes the think that CWOMO is really that naive, stupid, or ignorant on the decisions and info he is getting from his sources, and those sources are incompetent whose info he is relying on
    Never the less ...I do believe he is really "getting off " on all the power that our lazy , irresponsible ass kissing NYS Legislators gave him!

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    It really makes the think that CWOMO is really that naive, stupid, or ignorant on the decisions and info he is getting from his sources, and those sources are incompetent whose info he is relying on
    Never the less ...I do believe he is really "getting off " on all the power that our lazy , irresponsible ass kissing NYS Legislators gave him!
    You bet your ass he’s getting off on the use of totalitarian power. He’s used that power to attack Judaism & Christianity under the guise of fighting Covid. You know that he got a big one by issuing that idiotic executive order directing the National Guard to seize all medical supplies in upstate New York and deliver it all to him. He used Covid as a tool to decimate the nursing home population in New York State at the request of his million dollar contributors while saving himself an estimated $30 million a month in Medicaid reimbursements. He’s used his power to try to settle a 25 year old score with New York’s teachers. And all the while NYS has had THE worst Covid response of any state in the union.

As of Jan 14, 26 states have done a better job of distributing the corona vaccine than has NYS under the Emmy award winning dick brain Governor of ours. In keeping with his oft repeated wishes to prevent New Yorkers from getting vaccine he has now forbidden any more vaccine appointments after April at state facilities. Laughably, he’s whining that he has to do it because NYS doesn’t have enough vaccine. But under his failed leadership the state can’t even adequately distribute what it has on hand! The New York disaster, indeed, and its name is Cuomo.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information