Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The NYS disaster

The NYS disaster

I think we can finally put to bed the argument that the disastrous Corona numbers in New York State are due to the uniqueness of New York City. It has JFK, it has the subway, the population is dense yada yada yada. Chicago, like NYC, has 2 major airports and O’Hare is a major international hub. It has the ‘L’ a busy mass transit system. Much the same is true of LA, Dallas and a host of other large cities. And the numbers show that in NYC, the borough with the least dense population, Staten Island, has the highest penetration rate and the densest borough, Manhattan, has the lowest. I’m sure it’s strictly coincidence that the borough with the lowest penetration rate is the one with a lot of major contributors to Il Douche and Wilhelm, er, DiBlasio. And yesterday, the shoe shine rag was finally reporting that Erie county, New York has more cases than Allegheny County, PA (Pittsburgh) and Cuyahoga County Ohio (Cleveland) combined. Those 2 counties have more than twice the population of Erie County. Wonder if the county executives of those counties were busy posting photos of their morning hair as was ours. Nah, they were probably too busy directing their counties’ efforts against the virus to be doing press releases about their hair.

I read an interesting article today that compared the response to Coronavirus in Seattle with that of NYC in an attempt to identify why Seattle was successful while New York has been a disaster. Boiled down to the essence, Seattle was successful because it’s elected officials checked their egos at the door and actually listened to its healthcare professionals and did the hard work of tracking identifying and isolating the ill and those exposed to them. Meanwhile in New York City, the governor and the mayor engaged in a battle of press releases, allowing the disease to get ahead of them and out of control. As a result thousands and thousands died. Left unsaid in the article was that New York’s “health experts” were complicit in this dance of death. As the virus was spreading the NYC Health commissioner followed the lead of the city’s half wit mayor and encouraged people to ignore federal guidelines about distancing and so on, stating that the virus wasn’t spread by close contact and that people should attend lunar new year celebrations, hit the Broadway circuit and generally be out on the town. Meanwhile, in the face of every bit of evidence that the virus was the most dangerous to the elderly and those with preexisting conditions, the state health commissioner and the governor ordered nursing homes to take back patients ill with the Coronavirus, refused to allow the patients to be moved, failed to provide necessary equipment and failed even to follow the simple steps of sister states that identified particular nursing homes as destinations for corona sufferers and providing them with necessary support. Thousands and thousands died as a result.

As part of Il Douche’s response to the epic Coronavirus disaster he has overseen he’s taken to lashing out in every direction. In response to his idiotic argument that N.Y. should be paid more federal dollars than southern states the former governor of FL pointed out that his state now has 2 or 3 million more residents than N.Y. NY, once by far the most populous state, is now 4th (and maybe lower) thanks to Democratic Totalitarian mismanagement.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Grump I still don't get how can a group of like 10+ people sit in a room during a ecdems.com organizational meeting and still support this nonsense.

Wouldn't one of those people stand up and say "What the hell is wrong with us?"

They’re Totalitarians...” Rules for thee, but not for me”. Like Fredo going real estate shopping while infected...Cuomo’s daughters appearing regularly without masks. Fox News ran a nice summary of the wreckage of Il Douche’s disastrous response to the virus. Millions spent on unused, unneeded medical facilities, $69 million paid for ventilators that weren’t needed and weren’t delivered, at a rate 3 times the regular rate for ventilators. The money is gone but don’t worry, Il Douche is trying to find it. I’d start by looking in the pockets of his friends and financial supporters.
    Last edited by grump; May 1st, 2020 at 06:32 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would say where was the check mailed and who cashed it. WOuldn't that be step one?

More people have died in nursing homes in New York as a result of Cuomo’s deadly orders than died in the World Trade Center attack. New York State has more deaths from Coronavirus than 40 other states have had cases of the disease.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is from a die hard Dem supporter on facebook

"Right now we have an adminastration that has miserably failed to protect our most vulerable from Covid 19. Isn't that is the most important job any government should have?"

I guess I would answer that question as follows: “Not this government. This government feels its job is done at the end of the presser.” That’s why New York State has 6 times the number of cases that they have in California even though California has twice the population.

Now it appears that the state is low balling the number of people who died in the nursing home disaster. Of course Il Douche’s first reaction is to accuse the nursing homes of perjury for filing false reports. I would think the numbers should be pretty easy to tabulate because there’s pretty concrete proof when someone dies, their corpse. Maybe the nursing homes should start having them shipped to the executive mansion so Cuomo can count them himself.

I'm sure Governor Cuomo will find a way to spin that count.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Now it appears that the state is low balling the number of people who died in the nursing home disaster. Of course Il Douche’s first reaction is to accuse the nursing homes of perjury for filing false reports. I would think the numbers should be pretty easy to tabulate because there’s pretty concrete proof when someone dies, their corpse. Maybe the nursing homes should start having them shipped to the executive mansion so Cuomo can count them himself.

I wonder what type of litigation will come out of this. That many people dead...many with families...some with money...all blaming Cuomo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The democratic supporters all believe he's doing an awesome job.

As of this morning the state has updated the number of dead in nursing homes to over 4700. Maybe New York should consider changing the title of its chief executive from Governor to Grim Reaper. Leftie, if there is litigation I hope it involves criminal charges as well as the usual civil stuff.
    Last edited by grump; May 5th, 2020 at 01:13 PM.

Cuomo refused to allow family members to visit their elderly relatives in nursing homes in the interests of “safety”. Then he required nursing homes to take in those who were diagnosed with Corona. And it worked perfectly; over 4700 died thanks to the governor's “concern” for the elderly.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information