Thread: The Ruffino Administration: Does Transparency Die On The Alter*Of Arcane Technology?

The Ruffino Administration: Does Transparency Die On The Alter*Of Arcane Technology?

JUST MY OPINION:

I had an opportunity to listen-in on the Town Council meeting of April 20,2020.

My efforts to get connected reminded me of the instructions and procedures that John Otto and Larry King once asked call-in listeners to apply; a frustrating 2020 "Back To The Future" exercise reminiscent of 1980.

Because of some rather disturbing noise, what I think I heard on the conference call, were thunderous demands for the public's gratitude and congratulations, along with an annoying, seemingly incessant barking to questioners to "Shut-off your mute." That, to the almost exclusion of significant, up-to-date information regarding statistics on Covid-19's impact on Lancaster.

Based on his previous recreational postings on social media, I am of the opinion that the Supervisor certainly must be well aware of the effectiveness of live streaming.

Even if he does not hold such an awareness, surely Supervisor Ruffino must know that the public sessions of the Depew Village Board, the Cheektowaga Town Board, and the West Seneca Town Board have been, and I understand will continue to be, live streamed, apparently with "Zoom" technology?

Lancaster not only needs up-to-date vital information, but Board sessions, inclusive of the traditional public participation forum, to be broadcast in real-time, live.

In my opinion, such an upgraded application, for a concerned public, would be the functional difference between its the participation in transparent governance, digesting facts from fake news, and questioning its leaders, and its future engagement of a perhaps "Trust Me, I Was Great" narrative; an inconsequential study of slanted historical fiction.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 22nd, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Thread Information