Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Covid-19 stats

Lancaster Covid-19 stats

Lancaster Covid-19 stats

What we know from reading today’s Buffalo News:

Lancaster confirmed cases- 90

Harris Hill Nursing facility- 46 residents tested positive

What we don’t know:

Of the Erie County 115 Covid-19 reported deaths, were any reported from Lancaster?

Do the reported Lancaster 90 confirmed cases include the Harris Hill 46 nursing home? And the other two nursing facilities in Lancaster as well?

How many Lancaster residents have been hospitalized, in ICU, on ventilators?

Hopefully, at Monday evening’s town board meeting those questions will be answered. Why is it important? It is especially important to residents who have been complying with the ‘stay home’ and ‘mask wearing’ practices for over a month already.

The Town Supervisor has issued three Executive Orders since April to use measures to combat the spread of the virus in town – going so far as to declare that even going to the store to purchase a loaf of bread was not essential in his opinion. Serious stuff and enough to scare the hell out of a lot of residents who are taking extreme measures to sanitize every piece of material they touch. Others are wandering about not so concerned.

So, it is important for Lancaster residents to hear from the town the Covid-19 stats and their significance so residents can make intelligent decisions on how safe they are in and out of their homes. How safe should we feel shopping in Lancaster supermarkets, getting home deliveries, getting food take out orders (especially when having to enter the restaurant when picking up the food order), etc.

On April 10th, I posted the Lancaster Covid-19reported cases at 67. Today, eight days later, it is 90? Is the increase significant? Does it now include the recent state mandate that nursing home counts are to be included? What is going on?

Supervisor Ruffino and every 2020 town board candidate campaigned on a pledge of transparency. The residents have a need and a right to know what is going on in their town.

BTW- I appreciate people telling me that are being super careful in the measures they are taking to stay safe, especially in having everything home delivered and having the sanitizing materials available to wipe down everything on top of that. I hope they consider themselves fortunate in having the means to practice such measures. Lancaster has families that are struggling to make ends meet and have the need to leave their homes to buy that non-essential loaf of bread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Lancaster Covid-19 stats...

Hopefully, at Monday evening’s town board meeting those questions will be answered. Why is it important? It is especially important to residents who have been complying with the ‘stay home’ and ‘mask wearing’ practices for over a month already.
    My thoughts exactly.

If I understood correctly a friend's comments to me the other day, that friend expressed puzzlement as to why one Erie County town had previously reported a high number of cases while at the same time Lancaster's numbers were reportedly low, but currently, that the neighboring town's numbers have stabilized, while Lancaster's have increased.

What is that town doing right; what is Lancaster seemingly doing wrong?

The Town Supervisor has issued three Executive Orders since April to use measures to combat the spread of the virus in town – going so far as to declare that even going to the store to purchase a loaf of bread was not essential in his opinion. Serious stuff and enough to scare the hell out of a lot of residents who are taking extreme measures to sanitize every piece of material they touch.
    Again considering my friend's information and profound insights described above, I ask, Comandante Ruffino's "Pronunciamentos" notwithstanding, "Do these 'ORDERS' serve a significant remedial or curative function, or do they only lend control over, and confusion to the minds of, an already concerned and anxious Lancaster public?

Supervisor Ruffino and every 2020 town board candidate campaigned on a pledge of transparency. The residents have a need and a right to know what is going on in their town.
    I totally agree.

The Town Council needs to be transparent and present us with all of the permissible facts.

Unless the information would unduly reveal some sort of classified security secrets, disingenuous protestations serving only to support a thin claim of "inciting" presumptive "panic," simply is not an acceptable excuse for withholding information so vital to the health and safety of the community.

In my opinion, every woman, man, and child capable of understanding its previous and current environment, knows that the previous "normality" has long-since departed our daily existence, and we simply reside in the surreal; nothing will surprise us any more.

In that regard, to the Town Council: As John Kennedy said when ordering Deputy CIA Director General Carter to provide full information during the very first EXCOM meeting of the Cuban Missile Crisis, "Okay, let's have it."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 18th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Further clarification needed

Supervisor Ruffino has intimated that he is all in supporting Governor Cuomo in stopping the spread of the coronavirus virus in Lancaster to the extent of ‘punishing’ residents gathering in groups.

On Friday, the Governor’s mandated wearing of face masks (coverings) in confined areas went into effect. Today, Tops and Wegmans declared they would let unmasked customers enter and shop in their supermarkets.

Will the Lancaster police be instructed by the town to act against violators of the state mandated executive order? Not only in supermarkets, liquor stores, takeout restaurants, or any business / medical office?

In other states they are removing individuals from transportation services and acting on other face mask wearing transgressions. Does our state / town have the legal right to cite / fine violators?

It’s getting nasty out there and people who are trying to do the right thing are really starting to get pissed with all the mixed messages.

Other

Considering my family members and I, as well as many others, are unable to purchase sanitizing products (even Amazon is out) perhaps some of you who wipe down everything and appear to have an ample supply, can advise us where to look.

Considering my family members and I, as well as many others, are unable to purchase sanitizing products (even Amazon is out) perhaps some of you who wipe down everything and appear to have an ample supply, can advise us where to look.
    My wife has made eight masks for family members as well as our own hand sanitizers, because we simply can not find either, at least around here.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

In other states they are removing individuals from transportation services and acting on other face mask wearing transgressions.
    In light of police enforcement tactics in other states such as...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/philadelph...ReMkYACW2OWxL0

...I feel that clearly stated guidelines and consequences are urgently needed.

That is why comments such as...

"Going to get a loaf of bread at the grocery store to me is no longer essential,” Ruffino said.
    "Lancaster Police will issue tickets and fines to those who do not comply..."
    "WE will be punishing people not obeying this."
    ...are confusing, vague, and inappropriate, and simply do not lend themselves to an orderly application of the policies.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 19th, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

Lancaster nursing home becomes area's second Covid-19 only facility

https://buffalonews.com/2020/05/20/l...only-facility/

To Lee, Grump, or to any other thoughtful poster:

Will the influx of Covid-19 positive patients reflect on Lancaster's overall standing visa v reopening phases?

Will the facility's numbers be separated from what one might style "normal numbers?"

Just askin'.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    To Lee, Grump, or to any other thoughtful poster:

Will the influx of Covid-19 positive patients reflect on Lancaster's overall standing visa v reopening phases?

Will the facility's numbers be separated from what one might style "normal numbers?"

Just askin'.
    Mark Poloncarz said yesterday that the death numbers reported daily are ONLY of hospital deaths in Erie County. The 459 deaths on Erie County do not include deaths at nursing homes, adult care facilities, at a resident's home etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Mark Poloncarz said yesterday that the death numbers reported daily are ONLY of hospital deaths in Erie County. The 459 deaths on Erie County do not include deaths at nursing homes, adult care facilities, at a resident's home etc.
    You certainly meet the thoughtful poster standards, so thank you very much Gorja.

Does the Poloncarz standard also exempt the Covid-19 positive numbers?

It is all so confusing and contradictory, or so it seems.

He’s just following the lead of Il Douche who covered up nursing home deaths across the state as he sat back and watched the slaughter caused by his order.

You certainly meet the thoughtful poster standards, so thank you very much Gorja.

Does the Poloncarz standard also exempt the Covid-19 positive numbers?

It is all so confusing and contradictory, or so it seems.
    It's very confusing as the 209 COvid-19 or presumed Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes and adult care facilities in Erie county were people too.
    They, too were a casualty of this Covid-19 war

Georgia L Schlager

It's very confusing as the 209 COvid-19 or presumed Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes and adult care facilities in Erie county were people too.
    They, too were a casualty of this Covid-19 war
    To say that I have a could understanding of the formulas and measures of this Covid-19 thing, would be entirely disingenuous on my part. I remain confused and somewhat suspicious of all of the publicly-announced calculations and narratives.

In any event, I certainly do not object to the Lancaster nursing facility accepting people to save their lives.

My concern has been, and remains, the effectiveness of the Lancaster "Pause" measures. Have the Lancaster measures to stop the spread been successful, or should the town being doing something else, or something in addition to, the present "Pause measures?

With that said Gorja, to fuse your point, as I currently understand it, with my concern, which goes to the issue of measuring the success of the "Pause," is to mix apples with oranges.

Although the identified Lancaster facility properly functions as an entity to provide treatment and to restore health, those brought into the nursing homes may have contracted Covid-19 in areas outside of Lancaster, correct?

As such, would not attachment of their pre-diagnosed cases to statistics regarding the general Lancaster population, both transient and resident, which are both faithfully governed by the Lancaster's mandates and enforcement, be to skew those above-described Lancaster numbers?

Let's hope and pray that all of those recovering in the Lancaster facility be restored to health, quickly and fully.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 21st, 2020 at 07:28 PM.

On "Tucker Carlson," I just watched an interview with Fox News Meteorologist Janice Dean.

The interview amplified on her Face Book Post...

image (24).jpg

Janice Dean

Yesterday at 12:41 PM ·

'Dear Friends, As most of you know, both of my husband's parents died of covid in different nursing/assisted living residences in New York. Because of this, it's hard to be an objective person when it comes to this story. But the fact is, there aren't a lot of news outlets covering this tragedy which I believe should be one of the biggest stories of the covid19 pandemic 2020. So please forgive me for my raw, grief and fury. If there is anything I can say having lived through this, is that I will do my best to be voice for all those who don't have one. There needs to be a real investigation into how decisions and poor preparation let a virus ravage our most vulnerable. They had way to defend themselves, and will it haunt my family forever. JD'

Sad, heart-wrenching, and disgusting. As such, it is hard for me to accept without query, the statistical standards and, methods applied by, and the transparency of, those who contributed by decree, to so many such tragic deaths and circumstances.

If and when the interview is posted, I will post it.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; May 21st, 2020 at 09:10 PM.

On "Tucker Carlson," I just watched an interview with Fox News Meteorologist Janice Dean.

The interview amplified on her Face Book Post...

image (24).jpg
    Janice Dean

Yesterday at 12:41 PM ·

'Dear Friends, As most of you know, both of my husband's parents died of covid in different nursing/assisted living residences in New York. Because of this, it's hard to be an objective person when it comes to this story. But the fact is, there aren't a lot of news outlets covering this tragedy which I believe should be one of the biggest stories of the covid19 pandemic 2020. So please forgive me for my raw, grief and fury. If there is anything I can say having lived through this, is that I will do my best to be voice for all those who don't have one. There needs to be a real investigation into how decisions and poor preparation let a virus ravage our most vulnerable. They had way to defend themselves, and will it haunt my family forever. JD'

Sad, heart-wrenching, and disgusting. As such, it is hard for me to accept without query, the statistical standards and, methods applied by, and the transparency of, those who contributed by decree, to so many such tragic deaths and circumstances.

If and when the interview is posted, I will post it.
    As promised, the interview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1S_ZuKm-s

Mark wrote:

Statistical standards? They are whatever the government or health experts wish them to be.

In Illinois they have just defined death by Covid-19 to be any related death where that individual tested positive for Covid-18. If an individual were killed in an automobile accident and tested Covid19 positive the death would be recorded as a Covid-19 death.

If a person were dying in a Hospice facility from cancer, tested and found Covid-1 positive, the death would be attributed to Covid-19. Stupid, eh?

The public’s trust in the information coming out of the blue states is waning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information