Thread: Push Buffalo

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Push Buffalo

Push Buffalo... Good people and they mean well...

BUT...

This was posted on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/push.buffalo/

If you can't pay the rent on May 1st you are not alone. We’re stronger together and now is the time for tenants to act collectively. Millions not paying rent doesn’t build power by itself; we only build power by making our individual actions public and collective! By joining this movement, we are making a coordinated demand for relief.

Housing is a human right. Sign the pledge and demand Governor Andrew Cuomo #CancelRent and invest in housing and life-saving services for New Yorkers experiencing homelessness.

I posted this

Why doesn't push just advocate for home ownership instead of placing undo stress on good landlords? I understand you'll always have bad landlords but does someone read what gets posted in this group?
    How about this.

"By joining this movement, we are making a coordinated demand for relief."

How about a coordinated demand to the city of Buffalo to halt property taxes for the landlords seeing you guys can't pay rent? Then have the landlords credit back the savings they received by not having to pay property taxes?
    "Housing" is not human right.

Let us say 20 people were stranded on an island.
    As example of a "Right". I skimmed the first 4...
    Free speech. Any of those 20 people should be able to say what they want. Other than pure hate speech or like yelling FIRE in the grass hut that the group decided was the theater.

Right to bear arms. Any one of those 20 people ( individuals) have the right to defend themselves. What happens if a group of 5 islanders decide they want to rule and control the lives of the other 15 people? Or 1 of the islanders flips out and decides to go on a killing spree? Each person should be able to own/have just about any size club or rock they want to protect themselves.
    No soldier shall, in time of peace, be quartered in any hut without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war but in a manner to be prescribed by law. It's your hut. Your property.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, huts, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

A right shouldn't cost another person money. Money = property.
    But now you think "housing" is your right?

So you have 20 people on a island..You literally want some of those people to supply "huts" to other people on that island who believe free/discounted huts are a right? So lets say 5 people on the island protest that they want free huts. Don't those people realize the other 15 people have their own huts/needs to take care of?

You should always practice kindness and consider other people's needs but that should be up the individual. Maybe those other 15 people will donate some grass and bamboo to help those who are hutless but shouldn't be forced to.
    I was surprised at this response by Thorin Vallentin

Pretty telling how you've automatically assumed there is going to be inherent inequality, violence, freaking capitalism, overwhelming lust for power, abuse of said power, a defined social class system with a less successful lower class who is inherently lazy and entitled, who MAY be tossed some scraps if the more affluent islanders are feeling generous.
    ...on an island of 20 people.
    That you automatically assume the worst of humanity and an inevitable lack of humanity.
    It makes you seem scared.
    It makes you seem sad.
    It's definitely clear that you assume a lot about what position you would be in on that island of 20 people.
    Like, how, in a situation like that is the best option in the first place not for everyone to share the resources and work together to ensure that the whole group benefits, making them stronger as a unit?
    I feel like you just accidentally ended up making an argument in favor of some form of communism.
    I hope your heart gets better someday.
    And that if you ever end up stranded on an island, that you dont end up getting yourself eaten.

WNY, I don’t even understand that response. It’s that type of pathetically confused thinking that leads to the urban mess that is Buffalo.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Did my post make sense to you?

House isn't a right because it would physically cost someone some of their property to provide...

Free speech doesn't cost any other person anything...

Right to bear arms doesn't cost anyone anything...

Same with #3 and #4....

You make great sense Tony... His made zero!

Housing is a human right. NOT!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Thread Information